PDA

View Full Version : Crewe 0 Wolves 2

MikeSB
12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Some may argue its better than we expected but thought it was a poor game myself overall. Chucks missed a sitter in the first few minutes with only the keeper to beat and he side footed it to him. Probably looked the best on the first ten minutes after the break but they had most of the possession without creating that much and a lucky deflected first goal. Thought our passing was dreadful and most going to to the opposition. We in fact made it easy for them and didn't offer that much in the game.

I would say that we don't have the players to have done enough in this league to stay up even though we are still in there just but can't see how we can win that many more points playing like we are. There was a bit more urgency about us today but as I said, not enough talent or ability to really cause them problems.

Ten men second half? Well who knows if that made a difference or not? Personally I don't think it did.

Whatever happens we need a big clear out in the summer. Thought Wat

ChalkDust
12-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Don't you worry Mike there will be changes next season with so many players out of contract and the loan players going back.

It will be a busy summer for the management team with regards to what we do i.e. Promote youth? Loans? Players out of contracts from other clubs? Most what we did last summer but has not worked so you have to ask the question with the manager.

Byron is Byron and when he's on his game he is good as for Inman feel he is being played out of position I feel he'd be better next to Grant, who was immense again today and for me must be captain next season.

As for the game today was not the best and yeah Aneke and Uche guilty ofmissed chances.
First goal took a wicked deflection to beat Garratt upto then I thought we had shaved it and would of fully deserved going in at half time 0-0.

The ref and his assistants again were shocking bad tackle on Aneke from Stearman went unpunished and their second goal shouldn't of stood as in the build up there was a blatant pu

AlexLeicester
12-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I think MikeSB has summed it up for me.

However, the ref. must be happy after picking up that envelope! For 25 minutes he looked like a proper official and then it clicked - this is Wolves and they are supposed to win!

Blatant foul in midfield and the goal keeper was well outside his area when picking up the ball.

I was not surprised with the result, but annoyed at how it happened. On that performance Wolves will be a yo-yo club. Maybe we'll meet again after next season - I certainly don't think they are good enough for the Champ.

PS: Did anybody see the red card incident?

PPS: It took 92 minutes and 30 seconds for the FA Cup to mention 'Nick Powell's wonder goal at Wembley for Crewe Alexandra'. Ah well. At least something sounded good today. :-D

Woking88
12-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Wolves fan in peace. Try this for a less biased report:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26897567

The reality is that, whatever else you did or didn't do, you didn't get anything like the shot-count needed to stand a chance of getting anything out of the game.

Best of luck for the rest of the season! :)

alexmick
12-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Poor refereeing decisions once again blighted our luck. Yes, we were hopeless in front of goal and the shots tally speaks volumes for our scoring problems. Don't shoot and you don't stand any chance of scoring. Too many over elaborate fancy moves and no end product. When they get the chance to shoot, they just pass it once too often.

First goal, that deflected off Toots boot, was unlucky, but that's life. That second goal was very unjust. Guthrie was fouled and they scored from the resulting throw in.

Inman should have been replaced earlier, as it was evident that he was making absolutely no impact at all. Evans should not have even started this game. He has been dire for weeks now. I thought that Toots and Grant were outstanding, Byron showed a few flashes and Duggy & Ellis were pretty sound at the back. Guthrie continues to improve and our keeper made some excellent stops to keep the score respectable.

RedandWhiteSpartan
12-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I thought we were pretty good overall, lucky goal to them in the first half, and then to only concede one with 10 men in the second half, and it was foul that preceded their throw in that led to their second. Couldnt fault any of our teams efforts and actually thought George Evans had a good game.

marcoj
13-04-2014, 11:42 AM
evans was woeful should not start another game for us

MikeSB
13-04-2014, 02:42 PM
I do not wish to bash my team but on further reflection I can't see how anyone can say we were good on that performance which many may say was better than a lot they have seen but these are my observations after yesterday.

We could not pass the basic tests of football which I would include.

Not being able to pass the ball, either being too long or to the away team players. That seemed to be the case most of the match. It may be one of confidence and a get rid attitude?

For years the throw ins are pathetic and how is it possible that all that academy training and other stuff does not include being able to throw a light football ten yards at least as we spend an age taking one and then it goes to the opposition. Other teams seem to do it far better.

Defending corners, well everyone has said what is the point of keeping everyone back almost in the 18 yard line and not two or three players on the half way line that would mean the opposition would also have to do that as well?

It keeps