PDA

View Full Version : Todays Crowd

JRSLEFTPEG
12-04-2014, 08:02 PM
As I said earlier , I heard quite a few home supporters got in for free when a gate blew open . Coupled with that , a lot of Falkirk fans arrived late into the first half today . I wonder if they were counted or just let in for nothing . I couldn't see the ticket booths being open that late into the game but maybe they were. I thought at least 2,000 today was the 'real' attendance . There were more youngsters than usual and that was pleasing .

Palmyman
13-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Witnessed it myself and confirm quite a lot of fans just walked in the open gates. Don't know why they were open but extremely hard to believe they blew open as the two gates are huge and made of metal.

JRSLEFTPEG
13-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Lets put this into perspective . If a hundred paying adults got in for nothing then that cost the club 1600 quid . Better gate that gate secured for a fortnights time .

nithvalley
13-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Perhaps they should have done the decent thing and still paid their way in.

After all, so many are so quick to point out how much they love the Club and how it really ' belongs ' to the fans. Surely then, they would wish it to maximise its income.

Or is it just another case of ' something for nothing ' - let's take what we can get ?

Auld_Chippy
13-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Any explanation for the late kick-off yesterday? Was it to allow for late arrival by Falkirk fans (a good turn-out by the way) or a problem with the match officials being late?

aloreburn
13-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Any explanation for the late kick-off yesterday? Was it to allow for late arrival by Falkirk fans (a good turn-out by the way) or a problem with the match officials being late?

Traffic congestion on the motorway

aloreburn
13-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Perhaps they should have done the decent thing and still paid their way in.

After all, so many are so quick to point out how much they love the Club and how it really ' belongs ' to the fans. Surely then, they would wish it to maximise its income.

Or is it just another case of ' something for nothing ' - let's take what we can get ?

Aye right Nithvalley - god you're sooooooooo boring

nithvalley
13-04-2014, 09:31 PM
" May I suggest you as punters sort them out with good debate and wit. "

I note you have chosen not to follow Admin's advice.

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
14-04-2014, 07:01 AM
[quote="nithvalley"

I note you have chosen not to follow Admin's advice.[/quote]

:D :D :D

palmylad
28-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Good to see an increase in crowd average over the last two seasons although the amount of home fans through the gates this year is slightly down .

2011/12 - average 1550 ( 1266 home fans & 284 away fans ) Relegation

2012/13 - average 1658 ( 1605 home fans & 53 away fans ) Promotion

2013/14 - average 1723 ( 1544 home fans & 179 away fans ) Play-off place

Biggest crowd - 2634 v Dundee 10th Aug 2013
Smallest crowd - 1476 v Alloa 11th Jan 2014

Biggest away support - 733 , Dundee 10th Aug 2013
Smallest away support - 42 , Cowdenbeath 12th Oct 2013

Biggest combined away support - Dundee , 1070
Smallest combined away support - Alloa . 89

Biggest home support - 1901 v Dundee
Smallest home support - 1394 v Morton

Palmyman
28-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Thought playing in the higher league and against better opposition would have pulled in more home fans so bit disappointing they are down. One factor may have been the wet winter as I cannot remember so many pouring wet Saturdays than there was this past season. Good stats though laddie and exactly the kind of article that should be in the QOS programme which, unlike the team, finished bottom of the league.

aloreburn
28-04-2014, 09:50 AM
The Dundee away support will be sadly missed next season IF they're promoted but we'll hopefully get four 5,000 plus crowds next season with the visits of Rangers & Hearts

JRSLEFTPEG
28-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Thought playing in the higher league and against better opposition would have pulled in more home fans so bit disappointing they are down. One factor may have been the wet winter as I cannot remember so many pouring wet Saturdays than there was this past season. Good stats though laddie and exactly the kind of article that should be in the QOS programme which, unlike the team, finished bottom of the league. Hear , hear . Palmyman. This is a very interesting piece put together by Palmylad . He is obviously better at working out interesting stats than putting flat packs together but enough of that. Give that man a job !

palmylad
28-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Thought playing in the higher league and against better opposition would have pulled in more home fans so bit disappointing they are down. One factor may have been the wet winter as I cannot remember so many pouring wet Saturdays than there was this past season. Good stats though laddie and exactly the kind of article that should be in the QOS programme which, unlike the team, finished bottom of the league. Hear , hear . Palmyman. This is a very interesting piece put together by Palmylad . He is obviously better at working out interesting stats than putting flat packs together but enough of that. Give that man a job ![/quote]

:D

hotrod
28-04-2014, 07:29 PM
IMO 5k crowds if the games are on a Sat but we might see some of our games moved for tv which will have a bareing on home gates.

BlueHair
28-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Will be interesting to see if the Dumfries public support the play offs assuming we make them.
Should entice the fans who like the occasional game with something at stake. Probably one of the biggest game at palmy since the Scottish cup quarter final versus Dundee.

Auld_Chippy
28-04-2014, 08:13 PM
The Dundee away support will be sadly missed next season IF they're promoted but we'll hopefully get four 5,000 plus crowds next season with the visits of Rangers & Hearts

Hope you haven't written us off in the play-offs just yet if you are looking forward to the Championship crowds next season. :(

lcfc57
28-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Crowds have been mainly disappointing this season. But I've long given up on the Dumfries public supporting Queens. Don't expect much bigger crowd for playoff to be honest. :(

BlueHair
29-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Personally I think the protect of play of fs well be enough to entice the supporter who doesn't normally come. This is a first and a bit of footballing history.

MCMXIX
29-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Personally I think the protect of play of fs well be enough to entice the supporter who doesn't normally come. This is a first and a bit of footballing history.

Have to agree with that . Hopefully the club keeps the prices down to encourage your floating fan through the gates

Palmyman
29-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Hopefully if we get through we play Falkirk rather than the Accies whose support for a team that has been there or thereabouts at the top of the league all season is unbelievably poor.