PDA

View Full Version : Barnsley edged out by Bolton at the Reebok Stadium...

campo21
12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Barnsley's relegation fears worsened after Jermaine Beckford's first-half goal saw them beaten 1-0 at Bolton in the Sky Bet Championship.

The Tykes had a golden opportunity to take a point back to South Yorkshire, when Ryan McLaughlin won a penalty with just under 10 minutes left.

But Chris O'Grady's spot-kick smashed the frame of the goal to deny them a draw which on the balance of play they would have deserved.

Bolton's on-loan signing Joe Mason wasd among the substitutes in what was the last game of his loan spell before returning to parent club Cardiff.

Liam Lawrence returned for the visitors after missing their defeat by Burnley with a slight calf strain and Kelvin Etuhu came back from suspension.

Barnsley looked threatening early on and should have taken the lead. Terrific interplay saw McLaughlin feed the ball into Dale Jennings, who somehow blazed it over the bar.

Beckford then had a chance to open the scoring. Chung-Yong Lee cut the ball back inside from a cross, bu

campo21
12-04-2014, 11:59 PM
We should of scored 2 or 3 goals but got lucky in the end because Baptiste gave away another penalty and they missed it.

lord_hooray
13-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Campo,why do you always put of instead of have, it winds me up, it is we should "have" scored 2 or 3 !!

danm1992
13-04-2014, 12:28 PM
This match was just more evidence that Freedman wants sacking.

I can't believe what turgid work we made of beating the league's crappest team at home.

In the end, there was very little in it. They had at least two glorious chances, not including the penalty. They were unlucky not to get a point.

A lot of people think we should be experimenting with the team now that we're safe but I'm not sure what was experimental about this line up. What have we learnt from the match that we didn't already know?

We certainly already knew that Baptiste isn't a left back, and boy didn't he remind us. All is definitely not well between him and Freedman, judging from the Knight substitution.

campo21
13-04-2014, 04:08 PM
I'd sack Freedman now and get Warnock in who is available he can sort things out and get us ready for next season!