PDA

View Full Version : Freedman believes Bolton Wanderers' loan strategy is working

campo21
13-04-2014, 12:23 AM
DOUGIE Freedman hopes his loan stars can inspire Wanderers to a third successive win against Barnsley at the Reebok Stadium today.

Joe Mason, who plays his last game for the club before returning to Cardiff, has netted in consecutive games, while Neil Danns and Lukas Jutkiewicz have also been on the scoresheet in the last three matches.

Freedman is rightly proud of his dealings in the loan market and believes the freshness they have brought to the club has been key to the recent run of form.

And he hopes that will continue against the Tykes.

The Whites boss told The Bolton News:I am very proud of the signings we have made at the club.

There were some who questioned them early on but the proof has been there with the way many have developed.

You have to give players a chance when they come to a club to settle and see how they grow into a new environment. Some take longer than others.

Joe was an unknown to a lot of people but I knew he could give us that spark that we needed and h

campo21
13-04-2014, 12:31 AM
I don't believe the loan strategy is working thats why we are 14th in the league if it did work we would be in the automatic spots or at least the play-offs it has been another disastrous season for us chopping and changing the squad all the time with short term loans and it will be the same again next season we need a permanent settled side playing 4-4-2 week in week out then we might get promoted.

lord_hooray
13-04-2014, 07:28 AM
I agree, and it didn't help by wasting what money we did have on Baptiste,Beckford and Tierney etc, that's why we have to get loans as the permanent signings have been disasters.
There is no plan in place at the moment, ok we won yesterday but we were awful. 6 changes to the starting line up didn't help, I can't iunderstand Freedman. He chops and changes all the time but when Spearing had the spell when he was playing like absolute garbage he retained his place all the time. Why drop a scoring Mason when he was on last loan game ?

rossendaleareaclaret
13-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Little to late me thinks

Bring back Coyle !!!!!!

danm1992
13-04-2014, 12:30 PM
I can't stand Dougie's smugness. It almost makes me feel aggrieved at the decent run we're on.

This season has been an absolute shambles. It's been a case of trial and error from start to finish. There's been no direction in his thinking, yet when things start to go right, he talks like it's all part of one plan, and that we've just been unlucky in the past. I still can't get over him saying after the 5-1 at Leeds that "it's been coming", as if he'd stick to his guns all season and it was now paying off, when all he'd actually done was move to a system the fans had been calling for all season.

He's done nothing but moan about the mess Coyle left him (even though it was more or less Coyle's team that he almost took into the play-offs last season), yet he seems to think himself cunning for loaning out Craig Davies, a player HE signed and completely ousted from the team, in order to bring in players that are any good. Fair play to him for bringing in Juke and Mason who have been fantast

campo21
13-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Craig Davies scored a hat-trick for preston yesterday another masterstroke by Freedman to loan him out!

eric1953
13-04-2014, 06:07 PM
It is not going to improve next season, there is no money in the pot , and I don't think Eddie Davies is daft enough to put any more money in.
He will get shut of some of the high earners in the summer, and bring in some free transfers and loans.
People keep telling me that all is well, nowt to worry about with the debt.
Hello. with the amount of debt we have, and not just to Davies, I cant see how we can pay it off. I can see the club going into administration within the next 2 years.

campo21
13-04-2014, 07:22 PM
We can start paying it off by getting promoted eric but we don't seem to want to do that.

gallopingchip
16-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't believe the loan strategy is working thats why we are 14th in the league if it did work we would be in the automatic spots or at least the play-offs it has been another disastrous season for us chopping and changing the squad all the time with short term loans and it will be the same again next season we need a permanent settled side playing 4-4-2 week in week out then we might get promoted.
Campo my bowels are working but at the end of the day they are just churning out sh*t.
Eric I think if you go into administration then the debt gets removed completely. Unless Eddie is happy to wipe out his 140million I can't see it happening.