PDA

View Full Version : Think Sheffield...think Sheffield Wednesday

aussieowl
15-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Had a bloke come into work just now...we got talking about all sorts & he asked me where I was from, Sheffield I told him & he said yes I thought it was a Yorkshire accent...he then told me he was from York & we talked about that, he told me he was 84 & been out here since the 60's...anyway as he was about to go out the door & leave when he turned looked at me & shouted..."SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY" giving a thumbs up sign...we hadn't even talked about football, so as I said...think Sheffield, think Sheffield Wednesday...XD

mahatmafoot
16-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Glad you mentionned his age, probably remembers you as a big team in the 40s/50s/60s. If it was some one maybe under 50 he would have turned round and said "We're all Blades aren't we".:D

braggyowl
16-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Aussie, Mahat is itching to know how many were at work...Put him out of his misery..>;) XD

micklyons1hardbstd
16-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Or can just probably recall the last time one of us won a major trophy! :zzz:

Ginger_Potts
16-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Not got any Owls memorabilia around your work area then Oz ;D

hirstyboywonder
16-04-2014, 03:13 PM
[quote="mahatmafoot".:D[/quote]

Think Sheffield United think failure.

mcbrewer
16-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Had a similar thing happen to me in Tunisia a few years back was staying in a hotel that was to all intents and purposes a German Hotel just us and one other couple in a big hotel who were English and a staff that spoke virtually no English.
Sat around the pool ordered a drink the waiter who's only English was

"where from"

Me " Sheffield " I'm not but thought he may have heard of Sheff

Waiter " ahh ...Sheffield Wednesday "

Katchouro
16-04-2014, 09:42 PM
XD

This thread's as funny as the one when you lot were all making up stories about wandering into and around Hillsborough with your kids.

I've heard of Man U fans in foreign lands just saying 'Bobby Charlton' or Scousers saying 'Dalglish' to instigate the football chat - do you lot say 'Carlton Palmer'. XD XD XD

aussieowl
16-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Not got any Owls memorabilia around your work area then Oz ;D

Maybe having "WE'RE ALL WEDNESDAY AREN'T WE" tattooed across my forehead was a clue but other than that...XD

aussieowl
16-04-2014, 11:50 PM
XD

I've heard of Man U fans in foreign lands just saying 'Bobby Charlton' or Scousers saying 'Dalglish' to instigate the football chat - do you lot say 'Carlton Palmer'.

Come on Katch, don't pretend you don't know the answer to that...we just say 'MASSIVE'

aussieowl
17-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Well, I've been "pulled up" over this thread next door, so I would like to offer an apology for taking things too far over such a heavy & serious subject...I've learned my lesson.

aussieowl
17-04-2014, 12:53 AM
I'd also like to say sorry to an 84 year old man from York for implicating him in such a far reaching subject, sadly leading to a well deserved 'pulling up' from the neighbours.

Ginger_Potts
17-04-2014, 08:01 AM
More like a pulling OFF, the Queer boys from nxt ( back) door. :blue:

helmut_rooster
17-04-2014, 12:50 PM
[quote="mahatmafoot".:D[/quote]

Ar course he would clown XD

braggyowl
17-04-2014, 12:53 PM
XD XD XD XD

aussieowl
21-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Poor owd Mahat..will he ever get it right..XD

banno
21-04-2014, 11:21 AM
XD

This thread's as funny as the one when you lot were all making up stories about wandering into and around Hillsborough with your kids.

I've heard of Man U fans in foreign lands just saying 'Bobby Charlton' or Scousers saying 'Dalglish' to instigate the football chat - do you lot say 'Carlton Palmer'. XD XD XD

England international was Carlton but the/names i would say would be either waddle, Hirst, woods, Roland (don't have to even say his second), Worthington, Degryse, Jonk etc, all seasoned internationals that have played for THE WEDNESDAY in recent years ;)
maybe you could say bob booker XD XD XD XD

Sheffield's no 1?
THE WEDNESDAY who else?

Ginger_Potts
21-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Now then Mr Banno, I would revert back to The Wednesday F. C. Tomorrow...anyway , got to go & sing for Mr Eales. UTFO.

PeteWaller
21-04-2014, 06:41 PM
[quote="aussieowl" giving a thumbs up sign...we hadn't even talked about football, so as I said...think Sheffield, think Sheffield Wednesday...XD[/quote]

And here's me thinking we were Sheffield's third and best team. That's the trouble with us being Toy Towners, we just shouldn't think. It's too ard for us. We should just carry on winning, getting promoted and singin our little hearts out for the New Massive at the New York. Thank you Millers for providing SY with something to watch right to the end of the season - again. I would hate being mid table or less with s

Bluestripe
21-04-2014, 07:36 PM
And here's me thinking we were Sheffield's third and best team. That's the trouble with us being Toy Towners, we just shouldn't think. It's too ard for us. We should just carry on winning, getting promoted and singin our little hearts out for the New Massive at the New York. Thank you Millers for providing SY with something to watch right to the end of the season - again. I would hate being mid table or less with so many matches left. :D ;D

Well whatever else, you've avoided p*ssing-whinging excuses as to why it "didn't happen" - and reached playoffs comfortably.

The feckless goons (checking out B&B accommodation as we speak in S****horpe and Fleetwood) ONCE AGAIN fell over their same owd hurdle.

You should be more generous in your comments about SY teams, because you haven't achieved anything.

Katchouro
21-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Wim Jonk. XD XD XD

Didn't you lot used to slate him for putting the same amount of effort into his Wednesday career as banno puts in his posts these days.

Let it go fellas, you're not famous and you never have been.

aussieowl
22-04-2014, 12:20 AM

What??...now I'm upset.

braggyowl
22-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Ignore him...he's just jealous of the famous Sheffield Wednesday...;)

PeteWaller
22-04-2014, 03:43 PM
And here's me thinking we were Sheffield's third and best team. That's the trouble with us being Toy Towners, we just shouldn't think. It's too ard for us. We should just carry on winning, getting promoted and singin our little hearts out for the New Massive at the New York. Thank you Millers for providing SY with something to watch right to the end of the season - again. I would hate being mid table or less with so many matches left. :D ;D

Well whatever else, you've avoided p*ssing-whinging excuses as to why it "didn't happen" - and reached playoffs comfortably.

The feckless goons (checking out B&B accommodation as we speak in S****horpe and Fleetwood) ONCE AGAIN fell over their same owd hurdle.

You should be more generous in your comments about SY teams, because you haven't achieved anything.[/quote]

Automatic promotion last season and play offs this season :? :? :?

banno
23-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Wim Jonk. XD XD XD

Didn't you lot used to slate him for putting the same amount of effort into his Wednesday career as banno puts in his posts these days.

swerve :)
i never said he was any good, he's just far better than anything you've seen at the sty ;)

Yorkshires number 1 not famous?
they are where it counts :)

PeteWaller
26-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Yorkshires number 1 not famous?
they are where it counts :)[/quote]

Thought that was us Millers:?

aussieowl
30-04-2014, 02:32 AM
It's happened again...this time over the phone, was asked whereabouts in England I came from cos of the accent...when I said Sheffield the next thing they said was "Sheffield Wednesday supporter then"...I'm beginning to think Lee Strafford was correct..;) ..XD XD XD

hoothoot
02-05-2014, 09:54 PM
"Hull City's communications manager Ash Lord said there were about 5,000 tickets available.

"We expect them to have gone by today judging by the queues, " he said.

The tickets are restricted to fans who went to the semi-final match against Sheffield Wednesday last month."

As you were saying Aussie XD XD XD XD - view external link (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-humber-27240164)

aussieowl
02-05-2014, 10:55 PM
No...that can't be true...ask Holden..;)

banno
04-05-2014, 11:31 AM
No...that can't be true...ask Holden..;)

holden XD XD
another piggy chased off with his tail between his legs.

manorblade
19-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Lol your so full of sh1t!

I have been going back and forth to Australia since I was a young lad and I have spoken to loads of Aussies about Sheffield and not 1 has ever said a word about Wednesday! Your a ********ter and you know it lol

Your so full of it! Read this earlier and mentioned it to my brother in law over Skype and he burst out laughing!!!! And he's born and bread Aussie! My wife's family are huge mixed with italian and Maltese (all Aussie born) and they are all football mad and know eff all about Sheffield Wednesday or Sheffield United for that matter.

My father in law trains and looks after race horses and you get to meet so many people from all sports and whenever I mention Sheffield they always say Full Monty, Steel, Joe ****er and Sean bean and rarely anything else and none of then know whereabouts it is in England.

Even the ex pats don't even talk about you, if they like footy they normally ask about Man united.

Deluded liar and you know it, Infact your a path

aussieowl
20-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Manor you absolute diamond...made my morning this & the thread you've started next door...have a like times ten...:star:

aussieowl
20-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Deluded liar and you know it, Infact your a pathetic attention seeking a55hole.

XD ..manor mi owd...I'll tell you what I do know from this & your post next door...your need for what I'm saying to be not true is far far greater than any I might have to make it up..neh mind soft lad, just let it go, there's really no need to be so upset...is there?

braggyowl
20-05-2014, 05:41 AM
[quote="manorblade"]Lol your so full of sh1t!

I have been going back and forth to Australia since I was a young lad and I have spoken to loads of Aussies about Sheffield and not 1 has ever said a word about Wednesday! Your a ********ter and you know it lol

Your so full of it! Read this earlier and mentioned it to my brother in law over Skype and he burst out laughing!!!! And he's born and bread Aussie! My wife's family are huge mixed with italian and Maltese (all Aussie born) and they are all football mad and know eff all about Sheffield Wednesday or Sheffield United for that matter.

My father in law trains and looks after race horses and you get to meet so many people from all sports and whenever I mention Sheffield they always say Full Monty, Steel, Joe ****er and Sean bean and rarely anything else and none of then know whereabouts it is in England.

Even the ex pats don't even talk about you, if they like footy they normally ask about Man united.

braggyowl
20-05-2014, 05:45 AM
westernozblade sorry...although westernzone does post on here..good un anall. :)

aussieowl
20-05-2014, 07:51 AM
[quote="braggyowl"]Lol your so full of sh1t!

Even the ex pats don't even talk about you, if they l

aussieowl
21-05-2014, 10:45 PM
He thinks I've nicked the posts off Sheffield Forum now...XD XD XD

aussieowl
21-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Soz, forget to say...

...Think Sheffield, Think Sheffield Wednesday.

XD

Rotherhamowl10
22-05-2014, 08:47 AM
I think it should be 'Think Yorkshire...think Sheffield Wednesday' ;)

braggyowl
22-05-2014, 09:54 AM

He really has got it bad ant he..XD XD XD

braggyowl
22-05-2014, 09:56 AM

I was thinking more on the lines of "think world...Think Sheffield Wednesday" tbh...>;) XD

aussieowl
22-05-2014, 08:19 PM

He really has got it bad ant he..XD XD XD[/quote]

As bad as it comes braggy mi owd...XD

aussieowl
22-05-2014, 08:26 PM

I was thinking more on the lines of "think world...Think Sheffield Wednesday" tbh...>;) XD[/quote]

You've done it now...it'll be gospel that 'all' Wednesday fans 'really' believe this by the end of next week...hang on, yer dint nick this off Sheffield Forum did yer?...XD

Rotherhamowl10
23-05-2014, 08:57 AM

I was thinking more on the lines of "think world...Think Sheffield Wednesday" tbh...>;) XD[/quote]

You've done it now...it'll be gospel that 'all' Wednesday fans 'really' believe this by the end of next week...hang on, yer dint nick this off Sheffield Forum did yer?...XD[/quote]

XD XD

It wouldn't surprise me from a set of supporters who still struggle to understand the tongue in cheek 'massive' saying.

almostsignedmaradona
24-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Some owls do use the massive as tongue in cheek but many actually believe it.

The proof is on the Owlstalk, forum, talk about deluded.
It's always a good read for a laugh.

Things like "we got tickets on their home end and there were dozens of Owls fans around me, this for matches where there were plenty of unsold tickets on the away end"

Things like "went to the ticket office today and they said we're almost sold out all parts of the ground so I reckon it'll be 34K at the match, the official attendance will be something like 25,000, only about 13K under capacity.

Even then Owls will say something like the club are fiddling their tax returns because all sides of the ground were packed, then someone will say "yes but let's not forget they only brought a bus load of fans" etc etc.

Why the obsession with size, having the most fans, having the best fans and being liked by opposition fans. It's cringeworthy. Surely the main interest should be the football team on the pitch.

braggyowl
24-05-2014, 02:04 PM
ASM...No Owl thinks we're massive...We just say it to p!ss your lot and the other lot that hate us as much who play in red and white (and it's not Barnsley or donny) off..And it always seems to do the trick because you all seem obsessed with the word...And another thing, if you're gonna come on here and make a statement about Owls fans always banging on about attendances I suggest you have a little word with one of your own first.

braggyowl
24-05-2014, 02:08 PM
wonder how owd Mahats going on btw...Not heard from him in a while. ;)

aussieowl
04-06-2014, 05:28 AM
ASM...No Owl thinks we're massive

Shhhssshhh...don't spoil the fun.

aussieowl
04-06-2014, 05:29 AM
We're also arrogant...

aussieowl
04-06-2014, 05:31 AM
...and we're the most intelligent fans in the country..;)

braggyowl
04-06-2014, 09:29 AM
...and we're the most intelligent fans in the country..;)

Can't argue with that one aussie...XD

Blades67
04-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Think Wendy think Parsons Cross Scrubber

WansteadOwl
04-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Don't forget the best dressed fans in the country as well

Speaking of that, what is Croatia up to these days? I miss his anti immigrant rants.

Blades67
04-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Think Wendy ...think racists
Topped that table too!
Racist arrests - well done to the intelligent ones!

aussieowl
05-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Can anyone else hear owt...it's like an annoying little dog yapping away in a back yard somewhere, only a yapping dog makes more sense.

Blades67
05-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Facts mr Gradgrind just facts!

braggyowl
05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Can anyone else hear owt...it's like an annoying little dog yapping away in a back yard somewhere, only a yapping dog makes more sense.

yap yap yap...I see your yapping little stalker has followed you onto here then aussie...;)

Blades67
05-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Think wendies think calling fans to help paint the stands

awayowl
05-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Name calling, very intelligent, remember its a game, that is all

JZ66
05-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Working in Abu Dhabi recently.

Had a beer with with an Austrian Engineer, he asks "where do you come from" I answer the UK! he says "where in the UK" I say Sheffield, do you know it? He says "No, but I know the football team, Sheffield Wednesday" ha ha !
Sorry if this isn't to some peoples liking, but it's TRUE !
AWAW !

Southenders
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM
did he actually laugh like that when he said no, but i know the football team?
haha... it's all true, just nobody believes anybody any more...

Blades67
05-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Some people won't like this but I was driving through Barnsley yesterday and saw 10 owls shirts in 20 mins

aussieowl
05-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Working in Abu Dhabi recently.

Had a beer with with an Austrian Engineer, he asks "where do you come from" I answer the UK! he says "where in the UK" I say Sheffield, do you know it? He says "No, but I know the football team, Sheffield Wednesday" ha ha !
Sorry if this isn't to some peoples liking, but it's TRUE !
AWAW !

Pants on fire...XD XD XD ..;)

aussieowl
06-06-2014, 02:34 AM

yap yap yap...I see your yapping little stalker has followed you onto here then aussie...;)[/quote]

If only I'd rolled over and admitted I was jealous of all things Blades earlier.

He must have it got it really bad to be following me on here...only Katch has the stomach for regular visits.

awayowl
06-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Some people won't like this but I was driving through Barnsley yesterday and saw 10 owls shirts in 20 mins

And I bet you totally miss the irony of that statement?

Blades67
06-06-2014, 10:40 AM
The town is yours !

braggyowl
06-06-2014, 10:52 AM
FFS are you really 47 years old as your username suggests?

Wouldn't have thought so from your replies..More like 7 tbh...

Blades67
06-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I'll leave you alone now. 'Carry on Delusions' a thread about your massive international status. Bye.

braggyowl
06-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Righto, see yer then.

aussieowl
12-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Mamma thought Sheffield..

need I go on..XD

aussieowl
12-06-2014, 10:31 AM
I wonder if Blades67 is jealous...by his own logic he would have to be.

braggyowl
12-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Nar, we don't paint the stands these days...

When they get a bit mucky we just have another one built. ;)

braggyowl
12-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Mamma thought Sheffield..

need I go on..XD

Oh ar...He da man...Er I mean..The Mamma...Oh Whatever...XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
12-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Just back from Cyprus, two Wednesdayites in the same hotel and another running a bar just down the road...Cyprus is ours ;)

braggyowl
12-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Cyprus is ours...Cyprus is ours...Fck off United, Cyprus is ours...XD

Nice to see you back safe and sound Roth...

Hope you enjoyed yerself whilst the rest of us have all been working to keep this country going. XD

aussieowl
12-06-2014, 08:42 PM

Nar, we don't paint the stands these days...

When they get a bit mucky we just have another one built. ;)[/quote]

Don't forget & paid for entirely by the council/government cos they hate the Blades so much, it's a consp1racy tha knows..;)

braggyowl
13-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Yeah, and radio Sheffield hate them with a passion, but absolutely adore us. ;)

aussieowl
13-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Yeah, and radio Sheffield hate them with a passion, but absolutely adore us. ;)

You noticed that as well I see, along with the Sheffield Star, Yorkshire Television & Uncle Tom Cobley & all...;)

braggyowl
13-06-2014, 06:34 AM
I was watching ABC news from America the other night...Sheffield got a mention...
The reporter said how much he couldn't stand United but loved Wednesday. ;)

Rotherhamowl10
13-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Cyprus is ours...Cyprus is ours...Fck off United, Cyprus is ours...XD

Nice to see you back safe and sound Roth...

Hope you enjoyed yerself whilst the rest of us have all been working to keep this country going. XD

Cheers braggy.

Loved every minute of it...about a stone heavier now though. My mate's wedding all went to plan, looks like your Marks did as well.

First day back today after three weeks off, absolute killer :(

braggyowl
13-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Nice one mate.

Glad the wedding went well (and our Mark's)..That's it for the grooms now...They're never gonna have any dosh..XD
Tek care Roth. :)