PDA

View Full Version : Luton Town

proclaimer
17-04-2014, 10:21 AM
John Still must be some sort of genius at that level. That's the third team he has guided into the football league not to mention many other promotions along the way.

As for Luton? I thought they got a rotten deal when compared to the way other clubs were dealt with for similar offences so it's good to see they have climbed back from that.

Brockley_Jack
17-04-2014, 10:48 AM
No-one can surely deny that Luton were dealt a harsher than harsh card when they were kicked out of the league. Also Bournemouth too, although in their case that miraculous recovery they embarked on will live long in the memory.

Was on a stag do back on the weekend with a few Lootin fans. Even in Antwerp we found an Irish pub that agreed to show their game against Braintree and they were gutted that we couldn't go in to the afternoon with the title having been won.

Still, bu virtue of Cambridge losing at Kiddy they've done it now. Welcome back. B)

chief_wiggam
17-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Always was a good day out when Saints played at Luton.

ozzy62
18-04-2014, 07:05 AM
I went there once,it was the 3rd round of the Cup back in '89.It was in the days of the plastic pitches and a ban on all away fans as a result of Millwall trashing the joint,but for some reason they let visitors in for cup games.

Horrible day,every Luton fan wanted to kill us(they probably hadn't seen away fans for 12 months),the area around the ground was ghetto and Kenilworth Rd itself would be no better than the Krap.

We lost 1-2 and had to hide in a multi-storey after being chased by home fans.

So it's a big f.uck off to Luton from me.

Hope they go straight back down with the skunts next season.

proclaimer
18-04-2014, 07:32 AM
I've got similar bad memories of visits to Luton, and if it wasn't the area outside it was also the games. One game we were 2 - 0 up at half time. Down came the fog, we couldn't see the other end and by the time it lifted we were 3-2 down...I didn't see anything :(

(finished 3 - 3 btw)

Never-the-less they were dealt a bad hand so I'm OK with their return.

kernow
18-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Not too fussed about them.
They were severely punished for their financial irregularities though.