PDA

View Full Version : v Yeovil

Howie5o
17-04-2014, 05:41 PM
..Good Friday fixture ..sell out crowd ..5000 from Yeovil ..Do or Die game ..absolute thriller ..goals galoreeeee..!!..what more can you ask for ..? ;D

ok ..maybe not ..apart from ...goals galoreeeeee..!!!!

Rovers 3...Yeovil 3 .. surely ?? :)

needle
17-04-2014, 06:07 PM
100% home banker , start a a 4 game winning streak . Rovers 5 Yeovil 1 .

Howie5o
17-04-2014, 06:46 PM

like it Needs..are we the new entertainers ?? ;D

only four not seven games then ..:(

yorkyclaret
17-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Deffo home win, easy.

needle
18-04-2014, 07:33 AM

only four not seven games then ..:([/quote]
No . Just 4 game winning run , then an away draw at Burnley in the Play Off semis , then two more wins .
A 7 game unbeaten run , but only (only ha ha ) 6 wins !!!!

Howie5o
18-04-2014, 07:50 AM

only four not seven games then ..:([/quote]
No . Just 4 game winning run , then an away draw at Burnley in the Play Off semis , then two more wins .
A 7 game unbeaten run , but only (only ha ha ) 6 wins !!!![/quote]

thought 7 was pushing it ..XD ..if only eh ...?

DanRrr
18-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Hope you're right. I've got this pegged down as a dirty, tough, gritty game. Yeovil, cr@p as they have been this season, should now fighting for their lives. Although hopefully they'll turn up and roll over and let us tickle their bellies.

I've given up on guessing scores, what happens happens. COYB

Despair
18-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Hope you're right. I've got this pegged down as a dirty, tough, gritty game. Yeovil, cr@p as they have been this season, should now fighting for their lives. Although hopefully they'll turn up and roll over and let us tickle their bellies.

Out over in that there Europe, but from reading early report sounded a bit of a shocker (akin to Bournemouth?) I really hope not.
I could accept a club putting up a 'fighting for their lives' , is that what it was?

DanRrr
18-04-2014, 04:58 PM

Out over in that there Europe, but from reading early report sounded a bit of a shocker (akin to Bournemouth?) I really hope not.
I could accept a club putting up a 'fighting for their lives' , is that what it was?[/quote]

Some that were there may see it differently Despair, but for me my biggest worry was realised for this fixture. Our players went out there and thinking that all they had to do was show up and 3 points would be there on 90 minutes. Yeovil did what I expected, closed us down fast, threw bodies in the box. And we did what I expected, too many touches, too slow, tried to walk

Despair
18-04-2014, 05:05 PM

I could accept a club putting up a 'fighting for their lives' , is that what it was?[/quote]

Some that were there may see it differently Despair, but for me my biggest worry was realised for this fixture. Our players went out there and thinking that all they had to do was show up and 3 points would be there on 90 minutes. Yeovil did what I expected, closed us down fast, threw bodies in the box. And we did what I expected

DanRrr
18-04-2014, 05:10 PM
We weren't quite as a bad as against Bournemouth, that said, Yeovil are less capable of playing football. If they had anyone that could shoot they may have won it, but Robbo didn't have a single save to make all game, (not because of our rock solid defence, I have to add).

Rvblue
18-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Dann your comments are spot on.

Zero motivastion from the team leader.
The worry is I cannot see anything chnaging for next season.

Pedestrian football too many times this season. Yet another no show. How many more?

DanRrr
18-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Yes Rv, the problem that makes a mid-table team a mid-table team. A total inability to play well against teams that they consider to be 'inferior.'

Too much was expected from whoever had the ball, leading to way to many touches to produce any cutting edge going forward. Rhodes had a shocker, but then, he always got the ball way too late, which meant he basically could do nothing. They disprespected the opposition in terms of football and didn't play against them. Giving Yoevil all the time in the world to get bodies back. A point was a fair result, and if Yoevil had anyone who had a vague idea where the goal was, we'd have been battered. And deservedly so.

AucklandRover
19-04-2014, 02:40 AM
A very disappointing result, with echoes of the Bournemouth game. Consistency has been a problem all season. Nine games unbeaten actually sounds pretty good, but in that time, we have taken 8 points from four games against clubs in the top eight, but only 7 points from five games against clubs positioned from nine to 24. There's the problem.
I still take issue with Rvblue, though, in putting most of the blame on GB's inexperience and lack of tactical ability. I am not excusing him altogether: the manager ultimately has to carry the can. However, I don't think we should neglect the fact that this inconsistency typifies the Championship in general. Take Ipswich. The general consensus was that they looked poor against Rovers, but in the games either side of the Ewood match, they have beaten Brighton, Derby, Huddersfield and Doncaster, as well as drawing against Forest. In the four games before this group of six, though, they were W L W L.
Their manager is... well, we all know!
And surely

needle
19-04-2014, 06:02 AM
We were very very poor , not quite as bad as against Bournemouth but not far off .
MoM ********** , they didnt even announce one , thats how bad it was .

Rvblue
19-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Needs yes we noticed that on the way out.

To be fair Dunny showed more in 20 mins than the rest of the team put together so I would have given it him.

At least he understood what was at stake for the fans. I don't think the other players or GB got it with the Burnley factor.

champs95
19-04-2014, 06:46 AM

To be fair Dunny showed more in 20 mins than the rest of the team put together so I would have given it him.

At least he understood what was at stake for the fans. I don't think the other players or GB got it with the Burnley factor.

Sorry RV. What was at stake? And what factor do Burnley have? What on earth do they have to do with us?
That bubble will burst, you know it will. We will be going in opposite directions in 12 months time.

We drew a game of football, in a division that is notoriously close from top to bottom. We have drawn numerous games of football in this recent spell. We are clearly not quite there yet.

We didn't lose 10-0 ... We aren't going down because of that result. There was nothing at stake. Hence a nil nil draw in an end of season dour game. Can you recall one season since you have been following Rovers, or any team in football, where that dour end of season nil

AucklandRover
19-04-2014, 07:17 AM

Sorry RV. What was at stake? And what factor do Burnley have? What on earth do they have to do with us?
That bubble will burst, you know it will. We will be going in opposite directions in 12 months time.

We drew a game of football, in a division that is notoriously close from top to bottom. We have drawn numerous games of football in this recent spell. We are clearly not quite there yet.

We didn't lose 10-0 ... We aren't going down because of that result. There was nothing at stake. Hence a nil nil draw in an end of season dour game. Can you recall one season since you have been following Rovers, or any team i

Howie5o
19-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Another Jeckyl and Hyde performance ..

Very poor ..Yeovil played the better football ..i think that says it all..

As for what was at stake Champs ..whilst that 6th place is still mathematically possible ..we should be giving it a real go ..all the teams around us keep messing up and again a win would have taken us to within two points of 6th with 3 to play ..so fckin frustrating

Again the game was crying out for Dunny ..and as RV said he possibly did more in 20 mins than most of the other players did in 90...if he can play 60-70 mins ..why only give him 20 in a game that a single bit of magic would probably win us the game ?..it wasnt as if the rest of the midfield were having a blinder !

Rvblue
19-04-2014, 08:20 AM
I cannot accept there was nothing to play for yesterday when we were within 4 points of the play offs and 16 points at stake.

The half time results came up and nearly all were going in our favour. We expected Bowyer would demand a respnnse and they would come out in the second half all fired up.

Result was the same level of performance and no change to the game plan except for Dunn who came on for 20 mims and did make a difference but we never looked like scoring.

Sorry guys but the determination and will to win does not appear to be in his DNA to the required level. Please do not take this as me wanting the guy fired, I don't but he has serious shortcomings with this side of his management skills. Unless he can instill that winning mantality then the team will believe second rate is acceptable and that is what he got.

That is pretty poor after the strong words he was meant to said to the team in LT last week. Apparently he was furious. Apparently not furious enough.

Howie5o
19-04-2014, 08:26 AM
[quote="Rvblue"]I cannot accept there was nothing to play for yesterday when we were within 4 points of the play offs and 16 points at stake.

The half time results came up and nearly all were going in our favour. We expected Bowyer would demand a respnnse and they would come out in the second half all fired up.

Result was the same level of performance and no change to the game plan except for Dunn who came on for 20 mims and did make a difference but we never looked like scoring.

Sorry guys but the determination and will to win does not appear to be in his DNA to the required level. Please do not take this as me wanting the guy fired, I don't but he has serious shortcomings with this side of his management skills. Unless he can instill that winning mantality then the team will believe second rate is acceptable and that is what he got.

That is pretty poor after the strong words he was meant to said to the team in LT last week. Apparently he was furious.

AucklandRover
19-04-2014, 08:33 AM
[quote="Howie5o"09:20 on 19

But what are you saying, Howie? It's nothing to do with him when we play well against Watford, Brighton, Ipswich and QPR; but all his fault when we perform as we have against Bournemouth and Yeovil?
I just think it's not as simple as motivational powers. What about the OTHER team's performance?

Rvblue
19-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Howie and then to have apop at the fans as well was a reflection of a man who knows deep inside that he failed to step up to the plate yesterday.

As you say his honeymoon is over. He needs to put a stop to many of the errors of judgement made this season. Once is unfortunate and twice is carelessness. He should not be forgiven for the latter and there are plenty of examples of those now.

Howie5o
19-04-2014, 08:39 AM
[quote="AucklandRover"09:20 on 19

But what are you saying, Howie? It's nothing to do with him when we play well against Watford, Brighton, Ipswich and QPR; but all his fault when we perform as we have against Bournemouth and Yeovil?
I just think it's not as simple as motivational powers. What about the OTHER team's performance?[/quote]

Auks ..Yeovil arnt bottom for nothing ..they came with a game plan to frustrate Rovers ..NOW this is when a manager earns his corn ..sees whats happening and makes changes to counter that ..Does GB do this ?..very very rarely ..he maybe a decent coach but hes no great manager..it not all about motivation ..its having the craft to see how a game is going and make the changes that will change a game ..

DanRrr
19-04-2014, 08:45 AM
[quote="Howie5o"]I cannot accept there was nothing to play for yesterday when we were within 4 points of the play offs and 16 points at stake.

That is pretty poor after the strong words he was meant to said to the tea

AucklandRover
19-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Auks ..Yeovil arnt bottom for nothing ..they came with a game plan to frustrate Rovers ..NOW this is when a manager earns his corn ..sees whats happening and makes changes to counter that ..Does GB do this ?..very very rarely ..he maybe a decent coach but hes no great manager..it not all about motivation ..its having the craft to see how a game is going and make the changes that will change a game ..

But I can't see much wrong with the team he fielded or the subs he used. Surely the players' PERSON

Rvblue
19-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Aucks agree with your last comment.

But the natives are restless and their patience is being sorely tested by Bowyers selections, tactics and moivational skills.

He cannot repeat the same mistakes next season. He will nedd to demonstrate clear progress next season and not just another 4 point improvement.

Despair
20-04-2014, 07:44 AM
It seems like we are back again at the GB in or out stage:/

Once again it has become ; if you make a complaining comment it can be seen as GB bashing!

I do not personally see it that way, my concern is and has been for some months that to my mind I have doubts over GB's tactical nous and his motivational skills.
To repeat again this is no personal slight against GB it is just forming an opinion of what is on show.

It is a common agreement that financially we need to 'make the leap' to the Prem and some have doubts over GB making it happen.
I believe all of us would like him to come good, but for some that is to ignore their own personal doubts.

Rvblue
20-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Despair if we are to accept we are not going to make they play offs now which seems the most likely outcome then my hope for next season is that GB will learn from this season and improve to the next level as a manager.

The criticism is meant to be constructive. I have never said Bowyer out because like most fans I think they want him to succeed.

But is is an unforgiving game and he really needs to have the drive and determination to be a winner next year.

On the evidence of several performances this season not least the Yeovil game the case remains unproven as to whether he can rise to the challenge.

champs95
20-04-2014, 11:57 AM
I still say fans booing at the final whistle are a bit numb, that's all.
Blackburn will have it's fair share of numpties.
Brighton, Reading, Forest, Bournemouth etc ...all have been faultering of late.
But I see the fans of those clubs aren't booing those teams if they do faulter.
That's the difference. We appear to still be harbouring that arrogant, self righteous fans, who EXPECTS us to win every week, because we used to be decent in the 90's down to one mans money. We have at NO POINT threatened to get in the play offs. We have flirted with getting close, but that's it.
That came across like a few tossers exposed to the sky generation of an expectant fan.
Boo if we go down, boo if we are are a let down. Booing because we are on the verge of the play offs, but haven't at any point looked good enough to get in.

Which leaves this...if we did get in those play offs, when we would've inevitably lost to a better side like Wigan ...what then? Boo them off.