PDA

View Full Version : GREAT WIN AT FORFAR

housecaptain
19-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Played well to-day and should have won by more.Had it been a boxing match the ref would have stopped it after 70mins.
One thing our strikers have to learn is that it is a team game,time and again we had men on the overlap or 3v2 and they tried to score when a pass was all that was needed.
Keep this up for next week.

maroonie
19-04-2014, 06:00 PM
We bossed this for all but a spell at the start of the 2nd half. Masterstroke to bring the Doc in but a real battling performance from all in maroon. Agree we should have had this game done as the chances we carved out should have brought more goals. How did Chis miss that chance?. Pleased to get our first clean sheet since September and beginning to show the kind of form which just might see us get the play off spot. All to play for. C'mon lichties.

FIFELICHTIE
19-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Fantastic win, a magnificent team performance. Everyone played their part today. Hamilton a bit lucky not to have been sent off. Didn't think he deserved his booking but the tripping just before our first goal should have been another yellow. Could and should have scored at least two or three
more as we completely dominated Forfar for the majority of the game. Good to get a bit of momentum going and given us a reall chance of the play off spot. Fancy us to stay up if we can make the play offs. C'mon the Lichties !!!

timlichtie
19-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Missed this one today. Gutted!

The Doc seems to react well to being given a start. Previous time I think was at Ayr where he did well. How was his fitness and pace today?

Hopefully the Pars can be beaten next week. Neither them or Airdrie now need the points.

Nonsmokingsmokie
19-04-2014, 08:45 PM
That was an enjoyable afternoon and, once we'd got in front, as comfortable a win as we've had all season. Look at the comparative goal attempts on the BBC site.

...plus only our second clean sheet of the season against the same team.

Thought we might struggle without Nicoll against the large Forfar side but they didn't create much. On the other hand, I lost count of the time second half when we were breaking on their defence, in numbers... and just couldn't get the third goal

A very poor and unmotivated Forfar show shouldn't take away from a committed and energetic Lichtie perfomance

Kenny Deuchar's a bit on the slow and lumbering side but a real presence up front... and was winning most balls in the air

maroonie
19-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Missed this one today. Gutted!

The Doc seems to react well to being given a start. Previous time I think was at Ayr where he did well. How was his fitness and pace today?

Hopefully the Pars can be beaten next week. Neither them or Airdrie now need the points.
The Doc put in a decent shift and tracked back to tackle Templeman at set pieces. Doesn't have much pace but that's about all he lacked today. He went off near the end to a rousing ovation from the fans, well deserved IMO. Took his goal well and led the line ably supported by shaggger. Cook deserves a mention as well for playing through the pain barrier, he hobbled around with a big ice pack on his foot at the end. Maybe unfair to single out any players though. Superb strike from the gaffer to set us on our way. Carry on in this form and we can get off the bottom.

smokie_bacon_crisps
19-04-2014, 09:55 PM
It was a really good team performance today. Nobody let the side down and the determination to chase every ball, especially helping to cover their team mates when they were caught out of position.

Dr Goals was shattered by the end but he is a menace to all defenders and with his football brain allows space and time for his team-mates and great to see McManus run over to high 5 when he came off. Paul McManus AGAIN put such a high tempo performance and never ever gives up. He was unlucky not to score and if wasn't for Hill in goals today the score should have been 4/5. The save from Cook and grabbing it from Chisholm's feet were two of the best.

McGeever and Keddie did well in defence and Travis is actually a great right back. I don't think Hammy should have been off, but the referee seemed to ignore the Forfar fouls.

The gaffer had another fantastic game and it's clear just how much this all personally means for him. Cookie playing through the pain barrier just shows how un

maroonie
19-04-2014, 10:52 PM
When was our last penalty?

lichtiekev
19-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Superb score..roll on next week..hopefully there is a good turnout and lots of support...maybe the club couls look at ways to get a decent crowd in..maybe cheaper gates or free kids or something...no negativity from the stands please just lots of noise and support...

smokie_bacon_crisps
20-04-2014, 12:06 AM
When was our last penalty?

8th November! 6 all season! pathetic

2nd Aug - Montrose League Cup - - Linn missed.

In the league

16th Aug - Dunfermline Away - Cook scored
4th Oct - Stranraer Away - Cook scored
11th Oct - Airdrieonians Home (2) - Cook missed, Erwin Scored
8th Nov -East Fife Home - Erwin scored

AFC1320
20-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Absolute superb display by the Red Lichties yesterday and EVERY player deserves praise and those "fans" that think the Gaffer should hang up his boots are "aff their heeds" as Peanut was superb again yesterday. Great turnout by the Red Lichties supporters yesterday and their must have been 600 away fans in the 850 crowd, unreal that we never got a penalty and couldna believe McIntosh got booked for protecting the ball from hitting his face, IMO Shagger McManus was M.O.M. and we MUST sign him and DR Goals for next season.

C'mon the Red Lichties we can do it, 36-0.

broathrbest
20-04-2014, 03:41 PM
have to agree with Sye the gaffer has been outstanding , his passion and commitment has shone through and is clearly rubbing off on his players , what a goal yesterday by the way , those of you , and you know who you are , that have been berating the boss , shame on you . Even if we fail to escape the drop Paul is still the man for the job .

timlichtie
20-04-2014, 04:12 PM
have to agree with Sye the gaffer has been outstanding , his passion and commitment has shone through and is clearly rubbing off on his players , what a goal yesterday by the way , those of you , and you know who you are , that have been berating the boss , shame on you . Even if we fail to escape the drop Paul is still the man for the job .

Never doubted this. Even if we go down PS will have learned from this season's problems and be better for it. With the core we already have, then next season will be a cracker. Everything to play for!

maroonie
20-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Not down yet Tim. We have the momentum with the draw and back to back wins. Agree about the Wizard, last 10 minutes yesterday he was bombing up the left wing like a youngster. A testament to his fitness. We can do this.C 'Mon lichties
Never doubted this. Even if we go down PS will have learned from this season's problems and be better for it. With the core we already have, then next season will be a cracker. Everything to play for![/quote]

Bellevue
20-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Great result and delighted to read how well the team played. All they can do now is to give it their best shot in the next couple of games and hope to overtake East Fife for the playoff place.
Well done to the team.

DougLichtie
21-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Excellent and thoroughly deserved victory.
Have been a vocal critic of Chisholm all season but he played his part on Saturday in what was by far the best I've seen him play all year.
Graet to see everyone up for what was a massive game for us.
Same for the next two games please.

Mr_Refhater
22-04-2014, 04:17 PM
You will never fool me that Paul Sheerin is the man for the job if we go down. I don't doubt that we'll most likely hammer everybody down there and win another title. BUT, this season will go down as an disastrous example of management, no matter who the gaffer is next year. Paul Sheerin has learnt nothing this season, because he never learnt, from the same mistakes, from the last.

HOWEVER, yes HOWEVER, the team was again superb on Saturday. They do the shirt proud. The GAFFER was excellent again and SHOULD continue to play his part. He is still a quality contributor to our side. That has never been in doubt for me.

Best of luck to the Lichties this Saturday! I'll be over the moon is we get another result! C'mon the Lichties!!!

Bellevue
22-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Just a wee point that maybe some have missed. Although I haven't been in favour of changing the manager it seems to me that those who have been have based their opinions on the whole season and not just on a couple of results.
Whatever the outcome of this season I think the management team should stay and hopefully they will have learned from mistakes that have been made.
One other thing, regarding signing players in the January window, I noticed a sports journalist in a national newspaper pointed out that there is a reason that players become available in the middle of a season. Figure it out.

Arbroath1
24-04-2014, 11:41 AM
[quote="smokie_bacon_crisps"]. He was unlucky not to score and if wasn't for Hill in goals today the score should have been 4/5. The save from Cook and grabbing it from Chisholm's feet were two of the best.]

Would there be any chance Darren would come back to the Broath next season then ???