PDA

View Full Version : Lack of any recognition

wellowell
20-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Once again it astounds me that none of our players are ever recognised for good performances all season we rarely have players in teams of the day in newspapers and have none in spl team of year even though Sutton scored a lot more goals than ciftci who is in it. But the Sunday mail team of the day sums it up with commons in their team of the day after missing penalty and doing nothing except falling over whole game and Sutton not even though he scored 2 and was everywhere during game including defending as well as scoring goals. We should not be surprised but does rile me some times.

Dorset_Steelman
20-04-2014, 11:15 AM
It doesnt make any sense as the Sunday Mail made Sutty man of the match, and rightly so, but didnt make the team of the day. Having listened to some of the media men while I have been up here, it doenst suprise me and as for Chic Young...??? He should retire.

bheron
20-04-2014, 11:40 AM
It doesnt make any sense as the Sunday Mail made Sutty man of the match, and rightly so, but didnt make the team of the day. Having listened to some of the media men while I have been up here, it doenst suprise me and as for Chic Young...??? He should retire.You must have enjoyed your trip up for the game. If this is the effect you have on the team, perhaps we should get you up for every game against the bigot brothers.:D

steviex
20-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Once again it astounds me that none of our players are ever recognised for good performances all season we rarely have players in teams of the day in newspapers and have none in spl team of year even though Sutton scored a lot more goals than ciftci who is in it. But the Sunday mail team of the day sums it up with commons in their team of the day after missing penalty and doing nothing except falling over whole game and Sutton not even though he scored 2 and was everywhere during game including defending as well as scoring goals. We should not be surprised but does rile me some times.

The best answer is don't read the papers. I stopped reading the football pages years ago. For the life of me I cannot understand why any credence is given to the opinions of folk like Keith Jackson, Hugh Keevins, Chick Young etc. Their opinions are no more valid than the guys who sit next to you at the football or post online but for some strange rea

wellin
20-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Spot on. When i listen to kevins, chic young or any other reporter 9 times out of 10 it goes in one ear and straight out the other.