PDA

View Full Version : Freedman interview

leebwfc
20-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Just read an interview from yesterday with Dougie openly saying he is fed up of players who think they are owed a living by BWFC and he wants people who want to play for the club, then said most of them are out of contract so will be gone very soon!

This is good to hear and I suppose he couldnt do a lot with these morons while they were under contract on mega money and pretty much refused to play, he can now though!!!

Will be an interesting summer now and hopefully he can build a decent squad to challenge for play offs next year, if he doesn't I think he will have run out of time and excuses!!

dunc_bwfc
20-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Good to hear from dougie but we need a squad building for a charge for the automatic promotion spots not just a play off place, im thinking along the lines of if burnley can do it then that bar as to be raised for us now, still not convinced dougie will ever make us anything better than a mid table club so i wouldnt want his contract extending either.

danm1992
20-04-2014, 12:29 PM
It'll be interesting to see how well the board backs Dougie once he has cleared out these timewasters.

My guess is we could cut the wage bill by 100% and still might fall short of complying with FFP.

Personally I'd still have my doubts about next season if he was able to build build a great squad. He's had a lot to say about the mess Coyle left behind in terms of the players and their wages but his silly tactics and mindless tinkering are as much to blame for the crap season we've had.

leebwfc
20-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Another dig here at the end of the interview about players not playing and not wanting to go on loan. I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Mears or Eagles along with a few others next season.

More concerning in the interview is that he is adamant he is going to rotate, lets just hope its not mindless and pointless next time around! - view external link (http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2014/04/20/freedman-would-welcome-back-exiled-loan-duo.html)