PDA

View Full Version : Celtic -24h on

jwok
20-04-2014, 02:02 PM
The sun is still shining, we've strengthened our position in the table. Happy Easter! - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/celtic_24h_on_831010/index.shtml)

elf
20-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Just watched the game on TV and read the Manager's comments.
SM...that was NOT a pen, not at all and your comment 'It was a clear penalty kick' does you no credit.
NL...don't know what game you were watching son, but 'We totally dominated' is absolute crap.
Mwell were at least as good as you lot and we had 2 great chances, one of which was cleared off the line.
Have a bit of respect for the other team and show a bit of humility.

wellin
20-04-2014, 03:47 PM
The comment lennon made about us having one attack in the second half smacks as a total lack of respect. I take it he was somewhere else when kerr had his header cleared off the line. You don't really expect anything else from him really.

dazlhigh
20-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Yesterday's 3-3 can be added to a 3-3 in Martin O'Neill's time and a 4-4 in Gordon Strachan's era. We do 'have a go' occasionally!
We are now the second top scoring team in the SPFL, with the benefit of only one penalty, and,allegedly, without the attacking flair, etc. of some of our rivals. Could some media outlet, somewhere, take notice?

LawSteelman
20-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Who cares about the media? As long as we quietly go about our business and pick up results that'll do us just fine. The media love their Celtics, Aberdeens, Dundee Uniteds whilst we are and always will be an unfashionable club in their eyes regardless of what we do. We don't need their recognition or plaudits to know when we've done well.

Wellup4it
20-04-2014, 07:01 PM
I have to agree with Neil Lennon ...up to a point. Our 3 goals came from defensive errors on the part of his defence. But, by the same token his sides 3 goals came from 3 errors on our part.

Having looked at the highlights, I'd say that Celtic's penalty was very soft indeed. We've had at least 6 better claims waved away this season. Also at their second goal, Samaras appears to be blatantly obstructing Hutchy off the ball.

What a pass from Craig Reid for our third goal though!