PDA

View Full Version : my seasons end thoughts

Whatsmore
20-04-2014, 02:58 PM
we have an abysmal squad apart from one or two players who don't use the ladies to p1ss but hopefully dougie can sort that,although I wont hold my breath seeing as our dour dougie is passionless,tacticaly sleep inducing,and maybe on some kind of mind altering substance i.e LSD because he always seems to have watched a different game to the one ive attended.this board is just bored but hopefully the likes of campo,jj,dann,gary,eric,etc and hopefully stan,alf,and one or two posters of other clubs will keep it alive.congrats to burnley theye been amazing.wigan I think will go up via play offs is there realy a better squad in this league,not in my opinion there isn't.our ewok park friends have stabalised amazingly under bowyer and considering whats gone on over last two years at Blackburn that's a fabulous effort from the guy.blackpool well their chairman makes garty look almost law abiding.for us next year I have no expectations I just want to see young lads wear our white shirt with 100

garyp1803
20-04-2014, 03:31 PM
This season has been terrible. I hope Dougie has learnt some valuable lessons that playing boring, negative football isn't the way forward in the Championship and you can gain promotion playing a more attacking formation, like a 4-4-2 formation like Leicester and Burnley have done all season.

I was going to go to Sheffield Wednesday, but after watching a drab, dire game against Barnsley last week, I think I'll give it a miss and save my cash. Most of our players looked like they were already on their holidays too.

I hope Dougie is ruthless in the summer and kicks the rubbish that Coyle left us with(easier said than done) and he brings in younger, hungrier players like he said he will do.

Big time Charlie's like Mears, Eagles, Sordell and Andrews should be kicked out straight away.

danm1992
20-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I think Dougie is more interested in his ego than the team.

Everybody knows we're at our strongest when we play a straightforward 4-4-2 formation. It's that system that took us on a great run last season, there was no need to alter it going into this season.

Unfortunately, 4-4-2 just isn't clever enough for Dougie. It's "old fashioned" and doesn't show off his skills as a creative problem solver. We have to play containment football just so that he can show what a smart, progressive manager he is.

A lot of people tell me he's had it hard financially, but he's had it easier than a lot of managers currently higher up in the table. Just look at the signing of Baptiste, where numerous other Championship clubs couldn't compete with what we were offering.

I think we'll still have problems next season once he's sent the overpaid timewasters packing and built his own team, assuming that will happen.

garyp1803
20-04-2014, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't have such a problem if we were still in the Prem and Dougie played just the one striker up front, mainly because a lot of teams play with a lone striker, but I can't see what Dougie's fascination is in the championship? Maybe Dougie has been playing too many X box games.

itsintheblood
20-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Mostly not enjoyed the football at the Reebok this season, been poor mostly.

Doogies tampering and meddling with the team doesn't help.:blue: