PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty?

Evewolf65
20-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Listen some of us share the same opinion on this board as I've realised over the last couple of years, and some of us quite obviously don't ,some of us want to be part of a collective and some of us certainly don't.
It took me some time to 'get' this board and therefore some stiff shall we say debating!!
happened in between, I'm talking from the point of view of someone who gets things wrong when I've had a Drink or what I say just doesn't sit well with people but that is just the way I am as those who know me realise!
So nothing changes much but I've got stuff off me chest plastic fans will always be PLASTIC!!

Mr.D
20-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Don't worry about it mate we are all different and have different opinions at the end of the day as long as peoples opinions are put across in a fair way without insults or trying to belittle other posters I see no wrong in the sharing of opinions.

TundraWolf
21-04-2014, 03:29 AM
I agree, Mr. D.

There is an old saying, "You can say anything you want to someone as long as you present it in a manner that is not demeaning!"

Or, put another way, "Do you wish to win someone over to your point of view or humiliate them?"

GrizzledWolf
21-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Eve', mate, like others all over the world and at various odd hours (in my case, usually early in the A.M.) we strive to follow the fortunes of Wolves, often by just text alone. Was wondering if you include us amongst your 'plastic' fans or are we simply 'drastic'fans ? Just curious, is all.

As for your, sometimes, 'blunt' comment, Eve', I shouldn't worry at all. I think most of us would prefer someone who is up-front about his views, besides your a 'Wolf' and we all luv yer.:D

Evewolf65
21-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Eve', mate, like others all over the world and at various odd hours (in my case, usually early in the A.M.) we strive to follow the fortunes of Wolves, often by just text alone. Was wondering if you include us amongst your 'plastic' fans or are we simply 'drastic'fans ? Just curious, is all.

As for your, sometimes, 'blunt' comment, Eve', I shouldn't worry at all. I think most of us would prefer someone who is up-front about his views, besides your a 'Wolf' and we all luv yer.:D

No I don't include you guys living abroad ! That really is to far to come every Sayurday!! B) XD

Greavseywolf
21-04-2014, 08:47 AM
some of us don't need to be categorised.

some of us just take a pinch of salt now
and then.

there was a time when this forum was good
fun.

do you really need to attend every wolves match to express an opinion ?

Woking88
21-04-2014, 08:57 AM

and then.

fun.

Well said Greavsey!

Laughing_Wolfie
21-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Every one is entitled to their own opinion, as long as its not personal or abusive.
If someone is looking for an argument, then don't argue just move on, because then it just becomes a slanging match.

You can agree not too agree, I personally don't want to argue on here, but yes I will argue and defend my point of view in person over a pint or two and we can look each other in the eye not fall out, at the end of the day we are Wolves fans and we should be debating football matters, and I do love friendly banter

Evewolf65
21-04-2014, 09:29 AM

and then.

fun.

Nope but then again Am I the one who stopped the Forum being fun??
I just stated my standpoint that's all

greystone16
21-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Eve you could argue where were a some of these "regular " fans when we were in the fourth division ? Many of us on this board
were some of the 3238 crowd who beat Stockport County on a cold February night in 1987 and right through that season eventually getting beat by Aldershot in the playoffs and by Chorley in the cup replay.OK so some of the current fans weren't even born then but after that season lots of plastic fans returned when we won the league in 1988 but those plastic fans became proper fans I would think.

wirralwolf
21-04-2014, 10:03 AM
opinions are for me what makes football its very rare for any two to be identical,they are like backsides everyone has one and most of the stink.the reason we post on sites like this is to debate not have a row that's what my missus is for.coyw.

abbobrom
21-04-2014, 10:32 AM
I must admit, that earlier this season I was contemplating whether to stop posting or not. I felt at the time, the opinions had become almost personal vendettas against fellow posters.

When I joined the board, it was humourous, informative and constructive, displaying a wide range of opinions and topics. The range of photographic comedy surpassed any board on footy mad. We did not have the euphoric personal abuse that typified the West Ham board, nor the childish repetitive ramblings that have become associated with that lot from Sandwell.

Some on here became obsessed with post counts, some became obsessed with those that were obsessed with post counts. What the f..k does it matter who posts the most? It does not matter a jot. Some people have more time on their hands than others. For quite a number who frequent Wolves Mad, it is their only direct link with the club, their eyes and ears if you like.

Yes we have lost members in the not too recent past, they will have their reaso

Greavseywolf
21-04-2014, 11:14 AM
" For quite a number who frequent Wolves Mad, it is their only direct link with the club, their eyes and ears if you like. "

George
that is me to tee .
I use this platform for such along with wiziwig.

eve.

i prefer "armchair fan " rather than plastic.

come on wolves lets get 3 the day !"!

MichiganWolf
21-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Even if some are plastic, who cares? Every club has them and they are needed. Where would United be w/o the millions of plastics? Same with Barca and any big club. If we get to the Prem, we're going to need those plastics' funds.

I also take umbrage with the idea that fans that don't attend more than a few games are plastic (and I know it hasn't been said here, but some have criticized others for it in the past). I can't go to Wolves games, but I am a little over an hour from Detroit and only go to one or two games for each a year. But I would laugh in the face of someone who said I was plastic and not a diehard.

We're all here to express our opinions and we should all be able to get along, even when opinions differ. The fact that we're all still here while Wolves are in League One should be a unifying thing.

Albionic68
21-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Please excuse my intrusion into your seeming collective promotion hangover.

By the way, many congratulations on said promotion and your continued support, regardless of ticket deals or level of play.

For me the definition of a plastic fan is not whether one only attends certain games, or even one who only follows on the T.V for whatever reason.
Most would dearly love to attend.

To me, the plastic fan is one who expresses no particular interest in the club, other than the occasional pr 1cked ear at the mention of its. Usually when said team is actually doing something.

Generally speaking, the plastic fan will stay out of the sun, not even stating an opinion when the going gets really hot; preferring the soothing comfort of the shade and general anonymity.

It is when the plastic fan goes on to profess how much they love THEIR club, brow beating those who DO invest their time and money into following the team of choice (be that by attendance or viewing on the box), that their i

TundraWolf
21-04-2014, 12:52 PM
It is only in English football that I have ever heard the term "plastic fans," it is an odd one primarily rising from a dismissive attitude of others based often on their attendance at the local team's matches. What I dislike about its' use is that it is based on a subjective view of an unknown situation. Does the absent poster not come to games due to the distance required to travel, financial constraints, health conditions of themselves or their partner, child, aged relative etc for whom they have to be caregivers, do they not have access to public transportation or lack a car? Some people suffer from anxiety from being in large crowds or have other valid reasons, none of which they feel open to sharing on a public forum accessible to millions around the world.

Was this board friendlier when I started here, absolutely! Was there less back-biting, calling and bullying, definitely. Am I staying, yes, as for us absentee supporters it is often our only personal connection to the cl

Robus
21-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the other is doing. Time to sort this out maybe?

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to respond to the personal vendettas on the board

Mr.D
21-04-2014, 04:01 PM
[quote="Robus"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the other is doing. Time to sort this out maybe?

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to res

TundraWolf
21-04-2014, 05:37 PM
To some, such behaviour can roll off their back like a duck in water, to others, and those reading it, it can devalue the quality of the board altogether. I never could understand why some would try to build themselves up by tearing others down...quite confusing really!

1877wolf
21-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Listen some of us share the same opinion on this board as I've realised over the last couple of years, and some of us quite obviously don't ,some of us want to be part of a collective and some of us certainly don't.
It took me some time to 'get' this board and therefore some stiff shall we say debating!!
happened in between, I'm talking from the point of view of someone who gets things wrong when I've had a Drink or what I say just doesn't sit well with people but that is just the way I am as those who know me realise!
So nothing changes much but I've got stuff off me chest plastic fans will always be PLASTIC!!

Eve, funny one, this.

From getting the bug in '78 against Arsenal to me leaving WOLVERHAMPTON in 2002, I was pretty much a regular at Wolves. Only a couple of short term redundancies stopped me going.
I saw (to me) a great team grow old, a great manager in John Barnwell, great cup runs, a certain player of the season comin

Evewolf65
21-04-2014, 06:19 PM
[quote="Robus"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to res

Woking88
21-04-2014, 06:24 PM
[quote="Evewolf65"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of day

Evewolf65
21-04-2014, 06:39 PM
[quote="Woking88"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving a

Woking88
21-04-2014, 06:46 PM
[quote="Evewolf65"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

theplater
21-04-2014, 07:05 PM
[quote="Woking88"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving a

Robus
21-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Wokes, I think you come in for more than your fair share of abuse and have said so. The pattern I've seen is this: Someone will take a pop at you. You reply back in kind and escalate, as often as not. Then as nobody wants to back down or give the last word, it goes back-and-forth. A fair number of threads have been ruined that way.

For the sake of the board a cease fire would be in order.

Woking88
21-04-2014, 07:28 PM
[quote="theplater"]I'll add my voice to this as it needs to be said. The bullying directed toward one poster in particular has gotten out of hand. I have never seen the like of it on any board where I've posted, let alone one I've stuck with as long as this. Yes, that poster can be abrasive, but no more so than half a dozen others, yourself included Eve. Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

chimplad
21-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Anybody looking at the board objectively would say that poster is a major contributor. The sniping is unseemly and needs to end.

I will say, if this seemingly erratic moving and deleting of posts in the last couple of days represents the beginning of an attempt to respond to the personal vendettas on the board, then it is a hopeful sign.

Deleting of threads is obvious, they serve no purpose or need or are a repetition of a previous thread and therefore spam.
The moving of threads (by Ron) was done in a very cool calm way. yes they didn't serve any purpose and had got out of hand, but people ha

1877wolf
21-04-2014, 07:54 PM

Is it time to have a look at the moderation on the board? The last I heard, the mods were Mr. D, Chimp, and the late-departed Cyrus. That was a very long time ago. There seem to be at least two other shadow mods, or are they still official mods? Of thee two, one does not seem to know what the

Woking88
21-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Wokes, I think you come in for more than your fair share of abuse and have said so. The pattern I've seen is this: Someone will take a pop at you. You reply back in kind and escalate, as often as not. Then as nobody wants to back down or give the last word, it goes back-and-forth. A fair number of threads have been ruined that way.

Thank you for your observation Robus it is appreciated. Perhaps the answer is for people not to have a 'pop' in the first place? That is where the moderators should step in and nip it in the bud?

Woking88
21-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks for your input 1877. As I have said, it doesn't happen on other sites, only on here. That must tell you something!

chimplad
21-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Thank you for your observation Robus it is appreciated. Perhaps the answer is for people not to have a 'pop' in the first place? That is where the moderators should step in and nip it in the bud?[/quote]

And do what exactly?

Woking88
21-04-2014, 08:12 PM

Thank you for your observation Robus it is appreciated. Perhaps the answer is for people not to have a 'pop' in the first place? That is where the moderators should step in and nip it in the bud?[/quote]

And do what exactly?[/quote]

Is that a serious question?

chimplad
21-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks for your input 1877. As I have said, it doesn't happen on other sites, only on here. That must tell you something!

christ man!!!!! It must be telling you something??????

chimplad
21-04-2014, 08:18 PM

And do what exactly?[/quote]

Is that a serious question?[/quote] yes it's a deadly serious question...you rub people up the wrong way, get the response you wanted then call them fools for not reading wo

baggins
21-04-2014, 08:21 PM
thank you for your input ???? could be taken as not necessary and condescending (wether it or not is irrelvant B)

It doesn't happen anywhere else... That may be the case but many people have pointed it out and perhaps people all need to step back and look at themselves and stop the backbiting and sort out their own issues B)

Lets drop this now and leave the bickering and understand that Wokes is obviously misunderstood by lots of people on here and Wokes perhaps have a rethink on some of your posts B)

If we all try perhaps we all get on for the sake of our club... no one is blameless in this row :/

1877wolf
21-04-2014, 08:28 PM
thank you for your input ???? could be taken as not necessary and condescending (wether it or not is irrelvant B)

It doesn't happen anywhere else... That may be the case but many people have pointed it out and perhaps people all need to step back and look at themselves and stop the backbiting and sort out their own issues B)

Lets drop this now and leave the bickering and understand that Wokes is obviously misunderstood by lots of people on here and Wokes perhaps have a rethink on some of your posts B)

If we all try perhaps we all get on for the sake of our club... no one is blameless in this row :/

Sorry but I've never got the "we are all Wolves" business.

People are people, we are all unique. Some comment may cause offence to some but not to others regardless of who we support.

Football does adhere to common manners or perception and vice versa.

baggins
21-04-2014, 08:32 PM

People are people, we are all unique. Some comment may cause offence to some but not to others regardless of who we support.

Football does adhere to common manners or perception and vice versa.[/quote]

mmmm only trying to dif

Mr.D
21-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Thanks for your input 1877. As I have said, it doesn't happen on other sites, only on here. That must tell you something!XD XD XD XD
You couldn't make it up...

1877wolf
21-04-2014, 08:41 PM

Football does adhere to common manners or perception and

baggins
21-04-2014, 08:43 PM
ok fair play :-)

1877wolf
21-04-2014, 09:12 PM
By the way, that was obviously meant to say baggins, not baggies.

Apologies, the worst insult I could give.
******* predictive text...

baggins
21-04-2014, 09:27 PM
By the way, that was obviously meant to say baggins, not baggies.

Apologies, the worst insult I could give.
******* predictive text...

lol :-)

Robus
21-04-2014, 11:24 PM
As for you asking if the moderators are up to scratch...what have we (collectively or individually) done wrong?

Chimp, it wasn't my intention to criticize the mods. But some communication and clarity could be helpful.

When we have a mod asking on the open forum what happened to his thread, or when one mod starts a thread and then another mod moves then deletes it, or when the "Saved Threads" sub-forum morphs into the "Quarantined Threads" sub-forum?

That leaves the rest of us to wonder, who is in charge and what is the policy?

Personally I support what Ron (is it?) has been trying to do. More active moderation could be what the doctor ordered. However I'm just one of the troops. It's up to you, the mods, to decide what the policy will be going forward. Then hopefully let the rest of us know.

chimplad
22-04-2014, 07:37 AM
There is nothing to decide...nothing to change.
What Ron has done is act on instinct so the forum is still a place to visit for a football fan.
In house spats happen from time to time, always have always will.
As for the saved threads forum becoming the 'quarantine' forum, there is nowhere else for Ron to put these threads unless they are deleted without them clogging the main board up. As for a moderator asking where his thread has gone, there doesn't need to be communication between us for us to do our job acceptably, just unified trust. Said thread obviously had a post on it deemed too offensive or had spiralled into a completely different topic...threads Don't get deleted for nothing.
Even if Ron had opened a new thread saying why said thread had been deleted, the new thread would have been a target for whatever happened on the old.
Don't worry, established threads won't be deleted...or threads with pictures on or anything else...just the threads that have no place here.
As for y

lesleywolf
22-04-2014, 08:38 AM
I have been a" Mod " in my past, on a different forum tho, and it's very time consuming...So from me a big thank you and slap on the back to those wearing the Mod Hat(s) now...x

Robus
22-04-2014, 03:02 PM
[quote="chimplad"]There is nothing to decide...nothing to change.
What Ron has done is act on instinct so the forum is still a place to visit for a football fan.
In house spats happen from time to time, always have always will.
As for the saved threads forum becoming the 'quarantine' forum, there is nowhere else for Ron to put these threads unless they are deleted without them clogging the main board up. As for a moderator asking where his thread has gone, there doesn't need to be communication between us for us to do our job acceptably, just unified trust. Said thread obviously had a post on it deemed too offensive or had spiralled into a completely different topic...threads Don't get deleted for nothing.
Even if Ron had opened a new thread saying why said thread had been deleted, the new thread would have been a target for whatever happened on the old.
Don't worry, established threads won't be deleted...or threads with pictures on or anything else...just