PDA

View Full Version : Sutton

meister1991
20-04-2014, 08:08 PM
What a great re-signing he has proven to be. After a poor spell at Hearts he's slotted perfectly back in.

Very impressed with his finishing this season. Let's hope he sticks around.

wellin
20-04-2014, 09:06 PM
John Sutton's been brilliant for us this season. We were all wondering how we would replace higdon's goals and sutton's stepped up. Thats 21 i think for the season, he could end up with 23 or 24 maybe.

Yazz
21-04-2014, 09:45 AM
John put a in a damn good shift in his first stint with us. Given the wage rise he was offered I didn't blame him going east, but was worried how we'd replace him. Michael Higdon did that and then some, and moved on in similar circumstances.

John has re-signed and deserves great credit for his contribution this season.

Well done John.

sieb1886
22-04-2014, 07:31 PM
When you factor in the number of pen's Higdon scored, and the fact Sutty's scored only 1 (I think), it makes his feat all the better IMO. :D

dasdeid
23-04-2014, 08:43 AM
I would agree and add to Seib's comment Sutton more mobile, contributes more and better aerial presence than previous No9.
Have we missed? IMO severely doubt would have continued as previous season with current team as dependent on Humphrey, Ojamma and Law. Sutton done tremendous job

Point to ponder ...
Anyone else noticed the bald patch in front PoD stand midway towards Cooper Stand. Rumour this where Higdon stood and the sun rotated around preventing grass to grow ... never recovered XD

firparkloony
23-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Yep, no complaints from me , he has done a fantastic job,. The question is ...Can we keep him?