PDA

View Full Version : Moyes Sacked?

Dirtyweasel
21-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Rumours growing that Moyes is to get the old tic tac. I hope he's still in charge when they play us :P

Grannie64
21-04-2014, 04:59 PM
My be wonderful learning that you are losing your job through the media, especially the Mail breaking the News. See Sky have jumped on the bandwagon now, claiming he will be relieved within the next 24 hours.

Dirtyweasel
21-04-2014, 05:09 PM
He's got over five years of a six year contract left so he'd leave absolutely minted. His missus must be laughing her tits off.

CostaBaz
21-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Does this mean they will no longer be buying half our team? :O

There's a snippet in the Mirror, under the heading "Wicked Whisper", that claims 8 players, at a top PL team didn't turn up to be measured for their summer touring suits.
When one was contacted for his reason, his response was " If the manager's still here next season, we won't be, so what's the point".

proclaimer
21-04-2014, 07:30 PM
My be wonderful learning that you are losing your job through the media, especially the Mail breaking the News. See Sky have jumped on the bandwagon now, claiming he will be relieved within the next 24 hours.

Beeb link.

No smoke..? - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26352231)

proclaimer
21-04-2014, 07:34 PM
At least nobody is so predictable to say Poch is going to Manure with Shaw ... (I give it 24 hours :/ )

PonyFiddlerReturns
22-04-2014, 07:45 AM
CONFIRMED: Moyes left this morning. Hope he gets the Pompey gig XD

PapaLazarou
22-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Following in SAF's footsteps was never going to be easy and, with the aging squad that the incoming manager was to inherit, it was always likely to be a poisoned chalice.

Ferguson really couldn't have timed his exit any better - a cynic might suggest that he couldn't have hand-picked his own successor any better, either..

nickthemod
22-04-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm gutted , I was happy with the way Bart Simpson was steering the ship >:)

PonyFiddlerReturns
22-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Gary Lineker called it right when he said something like "It's not about who will succeed Sir Alex Ferguson, but who will succeed his successor. This next appointment will have to be a bloody good one.

Pentridge
22-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Moyes has something like five years left on his contract which Man U have to honour. What if he gets another job, do he still get his pay from Man U?

chiswickmart
22-04-2014, 08:57 AM
There are probably penalty clauses written into his contract about what he gets paid if it is terminated after various intervals. I'm sure he won't get the full whack but he'll get a decent amount which won't be affected at all by him getting another job.

PapaLazarou
22-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Moyes has something like five years left on his contract which Man U have to honour.

Moyes was reportedly on 5m per year. No doubt the Glazers would have factored in an early termination / poor performance clause, so he won't walk with the full 25m that would be outstanding..

Bet he still gets a tidy packet, though - up to 10m, if some corners of the press are to be believed (mind you, that's a fraction of the cash they will lose out on following their failure to qualify for next season's Champions League)..

CostaBaz
22-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Can I suggest Big Fat Sam, to step in and finish the job Moyes started?

They already have Fellaini there, a big bruising, bully of a player, and I'm sure West Hoof could convince him to waste several more millions, in signing Donkey Carroll, again.

ShottermillSaint
22-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Similar situation to when Matt Busby retired, well before my time but history shows some parallels, a chosen successor who inherited an aging squad. Will they be appointing Nigel Pearson who's just got Leicester appointed like they did with Frank O'Farrell?

David Moyes was unlucky to get the job last summer, Ferguson knew that squad was past it and thats why he retired imo. If Mauricio decides to leave in the summer i'd have DM here in a heartbeat

Dirtyweasel
23-04-2014, 05:32 PM
The buck stops at the manager. It always does.

So it's sad to see Moyes fail to make reference to the players in his farewell statement. Regardless of their involvement in his demise, it shows a lack of class, and perhaps a glimpse of why he'd lost the dressing room.

The real shame is that they'll now be on fire when they visit us next month :blue:

rossendaleareaclaret
23-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Moyes has something like five years left on his contract which Man U have to honour. What if he gets another job, do he still get his pay from Man U?

Just a year's pay because he didn't reach a champions league spot some sort of a claws in his contract it's been on the local news up hear for days

I'm sick to death with it !!!!!

chiswickmart
23-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Claws in your contract sounds nasty!!

kernow
23-04-2014, 06:59 PM
He was the last to know he'd been fired. All over the media before he'd been officially informed !?

Classy ! :/

Dirtyweasel
23-04-2014, 07:06 PM
I may be wrong, but didn't they have to tell shareholders before Moyes - one of the many benefits of being listed on the NYSE?

kernow
23-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Do their fans still support a team that used to play in yellow and green ?

Dirtyweasel
23-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Most are probably die hard Liverpool fans now.

kernow
24-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Reports coming in that Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of contention for the vacant ManUre manager's position.

Apparently there is interest from his brother Klippety. :D

st_bangkok
25-04-2014, 05:51 AM
Feel a bit sorry for him in many ways. SAF was given years to start winning, Moyes got 10 months.