PDA

View Full Version : WE ARE GOING DOWN!

gazulu
21-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Clueless, gutless, no leadership, rudderless ship and a complete and utter lack of pride with anyone connected with the playing side of things have more or less consigned Blues to lower league football. With no-one left to make a decision over our disastrous campaign Clark was left to keep Blues in this division and that looks like a mission too far. Our owners have completely killed this club with their complete lack of knowledge and respect for the Blues, Clark would have been sacked by October but we have absolutely no-one at the helm who will make a call that will save us. We are in a desperate state and I see little hope for us. :blue:

bassman
21-04-2014, 06:24 PM
i dont agree gaz clark has ****ed us , he underperformed with hughtons side , then the season after did even worse , this season his team selections have been bizarre , topped off by today which took the biscuit imo , i have watched the last two games and he learns nothing , i dont blame the players they do what they are told to the best of their ability , the basic rule is playplayers in their own position , even michael johnson left the commentary box at half time in tears if it gets to a bloke like that then there is something seriously wrong , he then had a go at clark on air after the game saying the buck has to stop with the man who picked the strting line up and that players must always be player in their proper positions , take my hat off to you and the others in the crowd , been ther got the tshirt mate

gazulu
21-04-2014, 06:59 PM
So who has let him underperform then? Who answers to this pile of sheite? I'm sure the fans don't. Pannu and his cronies have been missing most of the season and that's from people who work in the club. He's been left way out of his depth and allowed to carry on.

samhubball
21-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I hope not, I want as many midland clubs in the top flight as possible. Except Stoke

spionkop
21-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Come on Bassy if you look at the teams that we put out against Blackpool for the play offs Murphy, Mutch, Andros Townsend, Marlon King and others were gone or largely absent last season and since then Redmond, Davies and Butland have left, largely to pay for Zigic's wages. This was after virtually all of the 2011 Premiership team were sold.
BIHL were responsible for all of this and for appointing Clark and keeping him, when he clearly is not up to the job. Their gamble failed when we got relegated after the League Cup victory and they are directly responsible for the mess that we are in.

eoin17
21-04-2014, 08:28 PM
We're facing the terminal point now and for the fist time today I found it impossible to defend LC's selection. It was an insult to experienced players and cruel to the less inexperienced.
"If you can't win, don't lose," doesn't make for great entertainment: it's a simple, ugly approach that nonetheless has a chance of working.
Morale must be on the floor and I have no idea how it can be lifted before Saturday's game and restored after it.
That players seemed to stop quarrelling and show signs of positional competence when they returned to their usual position frame perfectly the canvas of folly we've been left with after today.
Off for a few pints now. Take care everyone..KRO-I fear it might be near.

bassman
21-04-2014, 10:41 PM
they are responsible for the club being in the state its in yes , but no sane person puts out a team like that ,there are teams above us with players who none of us would want in our side ,but they have managers who play simple understandable football , i doubt if any of our players know wtf is going on from one week to the other ,how many formations and changes of personel has the manager used since the start of the season , and how come virtually everyone on the t'internet could see that the side he picked would be hammered but he couldn't, the position in the league is down to the ridiculous tactics and team selections. check out the comments on twitter from ex blues players about clark's team selection today, thats something i've not come across before.

bolt
21-04-2014, 11:22 PM
says a lot for me extract Bham Mail

The back four of Will Packwood, Tom Thorpe, Tyler Blackett and Callum Reilly was rearranged in the 29th minute with Blues 3-0 adrift and in a mess.

It had a callow look and Packwood, Thorpe and Blackett only have 31 league appearances between them - Packwood accounting for 16.

------------------------------------

Clark was without the suspended Paul Robinson and Jonathan Spector (ankle) as defensive options.

The back four of Will Packwood, Tom Thorpe, Tyler Blackett and Callum Reilly was rearranged in the 29th minute with Blues 3-0 adrift and in a mess.

It had a callow look and Packwood, Thorpe and Blackett only have 31 league appearances between them - Packwood accounting for 16.

Paul Caddis has played a lot of football for Swindon in central midfield and he has been outstanding in the last four games for us there, said Clark.

Will Packwood was terrific for 12, 15 games last season as a right-back.

And Tyler Blackett and Tom Thorpe have act

spionkop
22-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Having seen Blackpool and Doncaster in recent days I'm sure that they will pick up points in their remaining fixtures. Milwall and Charlton are also picking up points so we have to find at least three points from somewhere but can anyone see us getting another point before the end of the season?
Incidentally I have just checked out Wiki and it shows that only Joe Mallett, John Bond and Garry Pendrey have worse win ratios than Clark during my lifetime.
Rg

aKROKiwi
22-04-2014, 01:04 PM
In the absence of decent broadcasts down here i have trawled the internet in recent weeks to try and make sense of this. I have honestly formed the opinion that with the players we have who seem to have for the most part good overall technical ability we should not be in the position we are. Bolt is correct having the two CBs recalled didn't help but then they weren't much good anyway, we already conceded a lot of goals. We had & have sufficient talent further up the field to win enough games. However he team is poorly coached; we don't move well of the ball in possession, we don't pass the ball well or incisively (mostly because if the lack of movement), and defensively we don't move well if at all as a unit. Despite the manager's call for "senior players to show more responsibility" all these faults can be corrected by proper coaching, which would appear to have been in short supply. The manager is a wantwit who seems rather too willing to blame the players for his own faults;

bassman
22-04-2014, 01:51 PM
well said kro , if he'd been a normal manager he'd have written down his 'dream team ' from the players he had in the squad, used that side week in week out from the start of the season and said to the rest its up to you to play out of your skins in the reserves to get into my first choice side, that thriows down the gaunlet to the rest to perform to their best level, it means that the first 11 get used to playing alongside each other and gives a chance for team spirit and that ingredient where players automatically know where their team mate is going to be , you only have to look at the way stephen carr interacted with larrson overlapping runs, we had that with caddis and burke at the start of the campaign now nothing , i don't think there was a single example on saturday burke kept cutting in onto his left side as no one was on the overlap it was predictable and it lessened his impact. I'm pretty sure clark isn't sure what his best 11 is or should have been from the off

bluesince62
23-04-2014, 05:57 PM
The optimist in me says we still have 2 good chances of picking up points. Leeds' season is over and they have nothing to play for and hopefully Wigan will have their spot in the play-offs booked and will rest players.

Then I remember whose picking the team and start looking forward to Walsall away next season.

KRO

aKROKiwi
24-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Gidday bassman its pretty depressing isn't it I really think we should be much higher up the league but then we could not beat Doncaster Rovers or Bournemouth at home when we were kids we didn't even play Doncaster Rovers or Bournemouth. The teams that have topped the league have stormed it but the rest are pretty ordinary; Notts Forest are still in contention yet they field Matt Derbyshire, a poor player and a much lesser player than Zigic, Burke or Macheda. The bad thing is is that it appears BIHL might have a buyer it would be that much easier for the new owners to start trying to sort things if we could stay in the division we are in now. Ho hum!

I don't understand why taking into account the problem centreback position - surely the first position a competent manager would shore up - ie don't sell Joe Gallagher and not replace him; your replacement got Noel Blake, Byron Stevenson & Billy Wright for nowt - why we don't attack and attack and attack. I don't see why we can't play

generalblue
25-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Robinson has been our best player by a country mile this season

The new captain Burke needs to walk the walk instead of talking the talk. He never puts a foot into a tackle and is rarely close enough to an opposition player when they are in possession to prevent them making progress.

If Blackett is a professional footballer it's time for me to get me boots on again.
He's scarily poor.

Clark has the brain of a daffodil !

Just hope Leeds 'gift' us the win we need.

spionkop
25-04-2014, 08:19 AM
As I have said before most of this team are thinking about the beach right now and have no commitment to Blues. Even Robinson, as club captain, repeatedly gets himself suspended. A rag, tag and bobtail club who are headed for the lower leagues. Gazulu got it spot on.
Rg

bolt
25-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Don't no about summer holidays how about

Twenty-six players are out of contract in the summer.

Eight of them are on loan. They will be returning to their parent clubs.

how do you fire up 26 players that are leaving ?
it is a get real situation

bluesince62
25-04-2014, 01:33 PM
It says a lot about where we are as a club that Robbo is our best defender, but he is. We'll miss him on the run in, he gets booked so often now because he is a bit over the hill and gets caught for speed, hence the desperation tackles, hence the bookings. He never gives less than his all - which you can't say for 50% of em.

If Clark manages to pick a side of his best players in their best positions, we will have a good chance of beating Leeds.

If he uses his usual random team generator machine we are buggered though. The man is an absolute idiot and out of his depth.

Gawd 'elp us.

KRO

bassman
25-04-2014, 08:23 PM
i know Robbo gobbed off but in the games i have watched live and those i've seen highlights of , he is 100% committed and gets a damn sight closer to the attackers than his fellow defenders