PDA

View Full Version : Millwall v Donny

DonnyJohn
22-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I'd be interested to hear the Millwall view on yesterday's game, having spent most of the second half either watching the clock on the scoreboard or with my head in my hands. Always difficult to play with ten men or against ten men and usually spoils the game. I've not seen a replay of the sending off but I know Hollaway didn't think it was a red. There seemed to be a point around 65-70 minutes when both sets of fans started to think Millwall weren't going to score, we started to believe we could hang on for a point, and Millwall players and fans started to get a bit frustrated.
nothing between the 2 teams in both games this season and a think both just about deserve to stay up. hopefully Yeovil, Barnsley and Blackpool for the drop. Hope to play you in the championship next season.

zampa100
22-04-2014, 07:58 PM
there was lots diferent about the two teams,Wall had all the play and was a shame it was your worst player who got sent off,Donny didn't have one shot on target and although we didn't manage to break you down the truth is your team was the worst team to play at the Den this year,and the GK played well but his time waisting was unbelievable

DonnyJohn
22-04-2014, 09:24 PM
can't agree about Meite being our worst player, he has been a rock in defence in the absence of Jones and Kumalo and was holding things together yesterday before the sending off. Down to 10 men, away from home and on a run of 4 straight defeats it was never going to be pretty! the onus is on the home team to take advantage and make the extra man count. I thought Millwall's approach play was good, passed it well, used width to stretch us but a lack of quality delivery into the box, and no composure in front of goal. As for little difference between the teams, two 0-0 draws and 44 points each! football is all about opinions :)

zampa100
23-04-2014, 07:06 AM
believe me he was the worst player on the pitch and it stood out a mile,he didn't look championship,probs div 1 at the best

DonnyJohn
23-04-2014, 09:46 PM
150+ games for Olympique Marseille, including UEFA Cup Final, 60+ for Bolton/West Brom in the prem and 46 international caps for Ivory Coast, that's some career for a league 1 player! More importantly his red card from monday has been overturned and all Donny fans will be pleased he can play in the last 2 games. :D

claw84
24-04-2014, 10:02 AM
I think your best player DonnyJohn was your goalie, he saved an almost certain goal by his fingertips, but agree we should both be in the Championship next year. Lets hope so.

DonnyJohn
24-04-2014, 02:49 PM
yeah Sam Johnstone has been quality for us and been worth a fair few pts this season. He's on loan from Man Utd and definitely one for the prem before too long.

zampa100
24-04-2014, 05:05 PM
still say your CH was dogs poo,far to slow for this div but the GK was quality