PDA

View Full Version : up or down

lifelongrover
22-04-2014, 09:53 PM
What's it to be lads Sunderland or S****horpe?

scarjo
23-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Whatever the outcome Lifelong, we can have no complaints. We should already be home and dry, if it weren't for the incessant April showers, if you see what I mean. And to stay up, we need to take something (preferably a win) out of the two tough matches to come, don't you think ? We can't keep depending on Blackpool and Birmingham to lose. Nevertheless, I'm pleased overall that we're still in the hunt at this stage of the season. And although I was far from convinced at the start of the season that Dickov was the right choice as manager, he's proved himself a consistently good motivator, capable of getting the best out of the players in adversity. So he's done more than enough to justify his appointment, in my opinion. And he's on an upward learning curve, so will hopefully get better.

roverkenco
23-04-2014, 11:14 AM
[quote="lifelongrover"]What's it to be lads Sunderland or S****horpe?[/hopefully sunderland but must get something from reading game , a win should see us safe , cannot contemplate a defeat squeaky bum time as usual , do your best lads

lifelongrover
23-04-2014, 03:15 PM
I agree with everything you said Scarjo also we have had a bad run of injuries, some bad refereeing decisions (but that's football). There's never a dull end of season with the Rovers!! :?

toz1958
23-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Last kick of the last game again!!!!!!

Alcott
25-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Having looked at the remaining fixtures of the teams in the relegation zone I think we'll escape by the skin of our teeth at 4th from bottom. With Yeovil now gone I forecast-

Charlton 48pts
Brum 46
Millwall 45
Rovers 44
Blackpool 43
Tykes 42

Fingers crossed. :s

scarjo
26-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Having looked at the remaining fixtures of the teams in the relegation zone I think we'll escape by the skin of our teeth at 4th from bottom. With Yeovil now gone I forecast-

Charlton 48pts
Brum 46
Millwall 45
Rovers 44
Blackpool 43
Tykes 42

Fingers crossed. :s

Like I said before, don't count on Blackpool to keep losing (they could pick up something at Wigan, and they play Charlton at home for their last match). Nor on Birmingham, nor on Barnsley not to produce a miracle...

toz1958
26-04-2014, 12:51 PM
We need both Charlton and Blackpool to need to win in their final game to prevent it being a nice pally friendly game.

scarjo
26-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Only one team left to do us 2 favours : Birmingham. Except if Leicester are feeling particularly generous, which is unlikely... So miracles excluded, we'll be playing an anagram of Uninstructed Hope next season.

Alcott
26-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Scarjo, but consolation that it will be an easy 6 points v Scunny. :P

Alcott
26-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Wigan will get a *******ing from their manager after today's result. The backlash (hopefully) being a pasting for Brum on Tuesday. The worry is their (Brum) away game at Bolton (who have nothing to play for) on the last day. Hope the respective managers are not buddies!!

We'll get nowt at Leicester - apart from an even worse goal difference!!

GreasyChipBeattie
26-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Can't see Brum getting more than 1 point from their last 2 games, which makes you safe.
Wigan will be looking for a win on Tuesday to secure a play-off spot, and I just can't see Brum winning at Bolton.

Septus
26-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Down,
This lot could not beat a team of lamp posts. We have a board who will not be disappointed by relegation, and I am sorry to say a manager who is clueless, and as I forecast has brought his Oldham ineptitude with him. I also don't see a quick return as the club ( board ) has shown by its actions that it will be quiet happy knocking around the fringes of decent football, providing of course we don't go into free fall. Crowds will dwindle and the board will be able to say there is no real support for a high class level of football ignoring the fact that semi successful teams help raise attendances, relegated ones don't. Hopefully relegation may bring about change at all levels.

SilverTop60
26-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Looking at the team Leicester played against QPR (when they still needed the points), if you compare who they played against Bolton, they played 9 of the same players and 2 from the subs bench. Against Huddersfield they played only 3 of the same team and 8 from the subs bench. As I expected Leicester are resting their best players. With enough conviction and planning from Donny we may just manage something against Leicester. Even 1 point may be critical to avoid the drop. We certainly can't just rely on what other teams do.

I just hope we don't feel as gutted next Saturday as the Tykes fans must feel right now.

Katchouro
30-04-2014, 12:11 AM
You need a MASSIVE favour from Bolton. Can't see you getting anything at Leicester meaning Birmingham just need a point.

Tense times. I'll put my feet up with a bag of Chupa Chups and enjoy the show.

scarjo
30-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Thank you ETHNIC WAGTAIL. We're counting on you for the miracle, TORN WARBLED ONES...