PDA

View Full Version : Girls at football matches.

aussieowl
23-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Don't recall that many girls at Hillsborough back in the 70's...certainly not the same numbers that attend today, when did they get interested in the game itself rather that just to hang out with boyfriends, still don't really know any female personally that actually likes the game that much.

braggyowl
23-04-2014, 05:07 AM
Ask Katch...She'll tell you. ;)

awayowl
23-04-2014, 06:08 AM
OH...thou it was a thread about softy southerners going to football >:)

redgreggie
23-04-2014, 08:45 AM
i liken it to the amount of people that go to the gym these days, it's the 'in' thing to do, to look cool...to be part of the in crowd.

re the gym...these are the self same people who's parents use to send a note excusing them from games when they were at school.

they're looking to see what's the latest tattoo to have adorn their body.

I use to be sceptic, now it's just the badness that's left and I'm just septic!

ray...in Batley.

Rotherhamowl10
23-04-2014, 09:30 AM
My mates wife is mad on Wednesday and goes to every home game...although she goes with their daughter and he comes and sits with us down other end of stand XD XD

I once took a girl to a Wednesday match to spite her dad - who didn't like me anyway, and was a blade. We played Middlesbrough at home and the first question was "is Middlesbrough near Liverpool?"...that was the moment I claimed to never take a girl again!

She understood so little about football, that I think she would really suit Katch...

awayowl
23-04-2014, 10:50 AM
i liken it to the amount of people that go to the gym these days, it's the 'in' thing to do, to look cool...to be part of the in crowd.

re the gym...these are the self same people who's parents use to send a note excusing them from games when they were at school.

they're looking to see what's the latest tattoo to have adorn their body.

I use to be sceptic, now it's just the badness that's left and I'm just septic!

ray...in Batley.

Ray you are right. I now live in Leicester and the amount of my daughters friend who suddenly discovered football the week Leicester got promotion was amazing, am sure it will go on as the prem starts to turn up next season. Fair weather supporters, hangers on, call it what you will it certainly happens.

twofootedchallenge
23-04-2014, 07:57 PM
the first question was "is Middlesbrough near Liverpool?"...that was the moment I claimed to never take a girl again!

Yeahhhh right? that's the reason lol ;D

Ginger_Potts
24-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Only the odd few went away int 70's,as you can see Oz on the pics at Lincoln & Chezzie on your 70's 80's thread...but a couple of decades ago didn't I read that both Sheffield clubs were top of a league for most female fans ?!?!

cazzaswfc
25-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Don't recall that many girls at Hillsborough back in the 70's...certainly not the same numbers that attend today, when did they get interested in the game itself rather that just to hang out with boyfriends, still don't really know any female personally that actually likes the game that much.

1990 and only after Gazzas tears...

Fecking women, took me about another 10 years to convince males that I was a serious football fan.

Also I can confirm I didn't have a boyfriend at 6 years old ;D

Katchouro
25-04-2014, 09:38 PM

You're seldom right about football cazza but you've hit the nail on the head there. The cultural shift seemed to happen after Italy 90, and the fairer *** became more interested in football and all the narrative and theatre that accompanied it.

Just a shame women's football hasn't taken off over here as of yet. Perhaps we need a star in the vein of Birgit Prinz or Marta to mirror Gazza's tears.

aussieowl
25-04-2014, 10:46 PM

Fecking women, took me about another 10 years to convince males that I was a serious football fan.

Also I can confirm I didn't have a boyfriend at 6 years old ;D[/quote]

Wasn't thinking about you or like minded women cazza but I'm guessing even you know there's not many like your good self around & virtually none in the 70's...I think you even know more about the Blades than many Unitedites do...XD

cazzaswfc
25-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Always happy to be one of the lads Aussie. ;D

TBF it's one of my pet hates, females who go to "enjoy" the day out and once every four years invade the pubs in their newly purchased England shirts, whilst holding a glass of Chardonnay and talking about how it's a shame their favorite ever player David Beckham is not getting picked these days.

If you aren't prepared to make those Tuesday night away games to millwall then just FECK off you bitches >:)

Oh and Katch, I'm always right, you know it and so do I B)

banno
26-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Always happy to be one of the lads Aussie. ;D

TBF it's one of my pet hates, females who go to "enjoy" the day out and once every four years invade the pubs in their newly purchased England shirts, whilst holding a glass of Chardonnay and talking about how it's a shame their favorite ever player David Beckham is not getting picked these days.

If you aren't prepared to make those Tuesday night away games to millwall then just FECK off you bitches >:)

Oh and Katch, I'm always right, you know it and so do I B)

do you like cricket cazza?

cazzaswfc
26-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Is there an incorrect answer Banno?

SallyKate
05-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Since 1964(I was 5 then) I have only missed 9 games at S6, my spiritual home. (I was in hospital for each)In addition I have been all over watching The Owls and England - getting on for 200 plus grounds and more.

In the seventies many people (Women and men) stayed away because of the regular violence. In fact I believe the prescience of more females at games as helped calm behaviour. (Remaining Neanderthals apart)

The game,attitudes, atmosphere and environment has changed since then for the better. Maybe that's why more females, families and a cross section of society attend more regularly now. Generally the behaviour is all the better for it.

The policing has mostly improved too but could do more so in cases.(Although the attitude of many stewards leaves a lot to be desired)and games, especially away,for most, are an all day event where you can enjoy, chill out and relax and mix with friends, families and fans of may hues.(Though maybe not so much kick off to full time every t

braggyowl
05-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Nice post sally...I think I fancy you now. :heart: XD

adamwawaw
06-05-2014, 02:39 PM
all us lads should start taking over the kitchen now ;)

cazzaswfc
06-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Feel free. B)

In my house the following can only be sorted by a male

Full English
Sunday dinner ( inc Xmas dinner)
Curry ( or any other Indian/ thia style meal)
Spag Bol
Steak
Chilli
Stew

Well trained >:)

braggyowl
07-05-2014, 01:32 PM
What about chips!

Real chips anall, done in beef dripping in a proper chip pan til they're nice and brown..Not these cardboard oven chip things that you have to soak in three pints of vinegar and a bucket of salt to get any taste out of em...

Mi mouths wattering nar, gonna get that chip pan art...:P :P ..mmmmmm...

Rev72
07-05-2014, 01:39 PM
What about chips!

Real chips anall, done in beef dripping in a proper chip pan til they're nice and brown..Not these cardboard oven chip things that you have to soak in three pints of vinegar and a bucket of salt to get any taste out of em...

Mi mouths wattering nar, gonna get that chip pan art...:P :P ..mmmmmm...

Go on then braggy do me some as well ;)

Washed down with lots of alcohol :O

braggyowl
07-05-2014, 02:05 PM
You'd be welcome at our house any day Rev for chips and beer mate. :)

Nice to finally meet you as well pal..I was a bit worse for wear on sunday (and my sister a little bit more bless her XD ) due to it being mine and our lass's anniversary and having too much pop..What a day!

I don't think our Chez will be going there again for obvious reasons mate..She drinks like a bleedin fish...But hope to see you again where we can have a proper chin wag about footy (and other stuff)...

Tek care Rev. :)

Rev72
07-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Nice 1 braggy B)

Yes pal it was nice to finally meet you as well,wish we could have talked longer but there will be another time that's for sure ;)

Congrats on yer anniversary mate glad you all had a good day/night..also good to see your niece enjoying herself as well,bless her.

Yeah I understand why your Chez wont be going there again pal which is a shame as its always nice to see her..and yes she sure can sup mate.
Me mum is gonna give her a ring soon and go up and see her.

Hope to see you soon for a beer and a good old natter.

Take care braggy :)

braggyowl
07-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Bless you mate, and see you soon. :star:

banno
10-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Is there an incorrect answer Banno?

of course, i take it you're from yorkshire!
just wondered if you knew as much about cricket as WEDNESDAY.
that would make you some lady ;)

SallyKate
13-05-2014, 10:36 PM
and where was my Chardonnay and veggie pizza Braggy?

braggyowl
16-05-2014, 01:10 PM
On their way lovey, on their way. :heart:

XD

Ginger_Potts
16-05-2014, 05:23 PM
:heart: this thread is HOT :heart: