PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's team selection

DougLichtie
23-04-2014, 12:11 PM
With Nicoll available again what will Sheerin do after the fine performance at Forfar??
Personally, the changes I would make from the starting line up would be Nicoll in for Chisholm and MacIntosh (if 100% fit) in for Deuchar.
Can't see him dropping Chisholm so predict the only change will be Deuchar to the bench with Nicoll starting in midfield and Linn pushed further forward.

AFC1320
23-04-2014, 03:36 PM
This is a tough call for PS/SP as the team were superb at Emmerdale and I liked the tactics of getting in about them from the 1st whistle but imo Nicoll is too good a player to leave out the starting line up and I would go with Deuchar from the start and bring Leighton on later for his pace to hurt the Pars.
Midfield of Cook Nicoll Sheerin Linn? that would be tough on Chis who played well on Saturday but we have to go for the victory imo.

C'mon the Red Lichties.

timlichtie
23-04-2014, 03:44 PM
At last we have some good selection problems. How frustrating is that?

The Pars are likely to field some youngsters as they have one eye on the playoffs. Deuchar might cause them problems and link play more than Macintosh.

Nicoll should play, but can we rest Chis? Apparently he had his best game of the season at Emmerdale.

Lichtielegend
23-04-2014, 05:08 PM
At last we have some good selection problems. How frustrating is that?

The Pars are likely to field some youngsters as they have one eye on the playoffs. Deuchar might cause them problems and link play more than Macintosh.

Nicoll should play, but can we rest Chis? Apparently he had his best game of the season at Emmerdale.

This season, Nicoll's worst performance is still better than Chisholm's best.

However, I expect Nicoll to come in for Deuchar. McIntosh has not done enough to merit a start over any of our strikers.

maroonie
23-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Easy to speculate and play Football Manager with the lichties 11 for Sat. I will bow to the peanut and back whoever he selects on Sat. I hope all lichties will do likewise. This is a tough game and a fully supportive crowd giving 100% support might just be the impetus to get us the win. We can win these last 2 games and get the play off spot. C'MON LICHTIES.

SassenachSteve10
23-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I personally would agree with DougLichtie and like him I doubt it will happen. I also agree with the alternative

Arbroath1
24-04-2014, 11:26 AM
IMO Nicholl must be a starter, having heard plaudits about Forfar game though a selection problem has hit us regarding who to miss out, don;t think we have had that problem this season.
Agree with comments about dr goals think he should start and have young McIntosh come on later with fresh legs and a bit of pace. Hopefully Dunfermline will have switched off for now as nothing to play for now already in play offs.
McManus must be offered new deal now as he has been a revelation up front.
Hopefully powers at be can introduce family prices for last game of season and a must win game to entice fans back and ensure a bumper crowd.
Division 1 survival is at stake.

(-: cmon the Lichtiessssssssssssss

smokie_bacon_crisps
24-04-2014, 01:41 PM
I thought Dr Goals had a great game last weekend against Forfar and up against Malcolm and Dods he caused them all sorts of problems. I can't recall Dunfermline having a physical presence or having much height so this could be perfect to win that fight. Leighton looked really sharp when he came on so it is a good position to be in.

We have to go for the win, so do we be brave and play 2 strikers or bring them on later in the game? Paul McManus has been a brilliant signing and hopefully he and the rest of the team can continue this rich vein of form.

We can do it!

Smokies and Wine!

Mr_Refhater
24-04-2014, 06:54 PM
This season, Nicoll's worst performance is still better than Chisholm's best.

With statements like that it's no wonder you call yourself 'legend'! Spot on.

DougLichtie
25-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Arbroath1, who would you drop for Nicoll?
I know its all irrelevant to PS but I like knowing the fans opinion :-)

I concur Refhater, Legend is Spot on with his comment!!

Arbroath1
25-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Doug, This is why i am only a supporter but on th Le games i have seen of Nicholl this season he is immense. Here goes nothing..

1. Morrison
2. Travis
3. Hamilton
4. Nicholl
5. McAveer
6. Keddie
7. Linn
8. Chisolm
9. McManus
10.Cook
11.Sheerin

Although Chisolm in my opinion has had a poor season i can,t see Sheerin dropping him to the bench.We could have some bench tomorrow with Deuchar, McIntosh, little, Robertson etc...