PDA

View Full Version : It's started already...

jwok
24-04-2014, 08:49 AM
The Express reports that Birmingham are after Hutchinson and the Record says that Coventry and Derby are watching Leitch.

Could be another hard summer?

Sup3rw3ll
24-04-2014, 09:55 AM
hutch i am resigned to seeing off, but leitch should be going no where! If he knows what is best for him, getting 1 whole season under the belt in an environment that will let him play and develop is paramount. Also, i hope the club have learn from the past, and get a water tight contract on him for at least 3 seasons.

Wellup4it
24-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Hutch is already off and so that won't be any cause for new concern. Jack Leitch - I'd hope he'd extend his contract for another couple of years and I'm sure the club is working on this but at the end of the day if he won't re-sign he won't re-sign, despite what any fan might say.

wellowell
24-04-2014, 10:49 AM
No idea what contract leitch has with us are you saying it is up end of season if so and he left the 1 consolation is that due to age we would get compensation but hutchy has gone no idea where he will end up but probably in championship somewhere and we will get he haw unfortunately.

firparkloony
24-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Sutton has whacked in a few goals this season...when does his contract expire? will we keep him?

Handsome_Devil
24-04-2014, 11:37 AM
From memory, Sutton returned on a two-year deal so we'll keep him.

I actually think Hutchinson will be the only major loss from the squad this time.

McManus apparently wants to stay and I'd be surprised if anyone else feels like throwing enough money at McFadden, Hammell or Lasley to tempt them away these days.

We'll free Hollis and try to find a better number one to push Gunnar to back-up.

wellowell
24-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Agree totally hutch will be only definate 1 to leave but with the rest it will depend on money as sure lasley and hammell will stay as too old in the tooth to move elsewhere but mcmanus and faddy will depend on how much they are prepared to accept. Also was shocked to hear that reid signed for us in feb and gets no salary as agreed to sign for nothing and only gets appearance and bonus money as agreed to join with zero basic wage. If everybody does stay except hutch ramsden could move in beside mcmaus with kerr in reserve and reid could continue at right back

Yazz
24-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Best of luck to Hutch. I'm sure he'll look back upon his time here fondly. He may be in line for a bigger paycheque, but hopefully he wont forget where he got a taste of Champions League, Europa League and a national Cup Final.

steviex
24-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Not worried about Hutchison leaving , he is infinitely replaceable.

skippy91
24-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Got no complaints about Hutchison going he has served us well over the years, wish him all the best, but he will be a big loss to the team. Current situation with transfer deals we were never going to get any cash for him. Cummins is out on loan at Dundee and may well have a role to play next season. Reason for loan deal was to get him competitive games in preperation for next season.

skippy91
24-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Ps would be extremely pi55ed off if we lost young leitch for feck all at the closed season. He has looked a real prospect in recent games with a bright future...only hope its with us.

sieb1886
24-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Hutchie (the blue No. 5 bus); best of luck to him. I'm sure he's got a done deal in his pocket, but where is it??
Leitch; not been overly impressed. Admittedly, he's really young, still to find his feet in the first team and shows good promise. However, for a young guy, he ain't exactly quick or mobile (like faither, like son it seems).

steviex
25-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Got no complaints about Hutchison going he has served us well over the years, wish him all the best, but he will be a big loss to the team. Current situation with transfer deals we were never going to get any cash for him. Cummins is out on loan at Dundee and may well have a role to play next season. Reason for loan deal was to get him competitive games in preperation for next season.

Its only a big loss if we don't replace him with someone of similar standard. I mean no offence to Hutchison , hes served us well and good luck to him but players of a similar standard are 10 a penny. He will only be a big loss if the manager does not sign a replacement or tries to play someone out of position as direct replacement.

Personally I think this close season is an ideal time to re mould a defence and goalkeeping position that has been borderline p1ss poor at times. I accept the midfield also shoulders some of the blame but many of the goal

JOHHNYG
25-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Is this Hutchison guy any relation to Hutchinson? lol.

firparkloony
26-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Is this Hutchison guy any relation to Hutchinson? lol.

Well spotted, even if it is a bit petty, I think we all knew the player he was writing about!

skippy91
27-04-2014, 08:17 AM
On the back of yesterdays result it maybe is time for Hutchinson to move on and remould our defence for next season..maybe not such a loss afer all.

Wellup4it
27-04-2014, 08:24 AM
I won't be overly concerned when Hutchy moves on. However replacing him won't go far in solving our defensive problems - they are more widespread and run much deeper than that. As I've posted elsewhere a disorganised, unbalanced and one paced midfield was the root cause of many of our problems yesterday. From day one this season, it has failed to shield a vulnerable defence.