PDA

View Full Version : Next up - Dundee United

jwok
24-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Four games to go. Can we build on last week's draw and keep the pressure on Aberdeen? Or will United make inroads into our 7 point gap? - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/next_up____dundee_united_831293/index.shtml)

Sup3rw3ll
24-04-2014, 09:52 AM
The fact the team have a 7 point gap is superb news. I, along with many others i'm sure, would have thought the gap would only be 3 points. And that this match would have potentially seen Utd move into 3rd spot on goal difference!

A win here would make it mathematically impossible for them to get 3rd with only 3 games remaining. This to me is more important that the "big final game of the season for 2nd".

The fact 3 goals were coincided (all be it against celtic) means more than 1 goal will be needed to get all the points on offer.

Handsome_Devil
24-04-2014, 11:40 AM
The fact the team have a 7 point gap is superb news. I, along with many others i'm sure, would have thought the gap would only be 3 points. And that this match would have potentially seen Utd move into 3rd spot on goal difference!

A win here would make it mathematically impossible for them to get 3rd with only 3 games remaining. This to me is more important that the "big final game of the season for 2nd".

The fact 3 goals were coincided (all be it against celtic) means more than 1 goal will be needed to get all the points on offer.

Indeed. Even if we lose on Saturday, United would still have to take at least four points from Aberdeen, ICT and Celtic to catch us and that's far from a guarantee.

We can't be complacent but really, last week should be the final burst we needed to secure third. I reckon United, with nothing to lose, will hammer us for 15-20 minutes and if they score then, we'll be in trouble. If we hold out I think

bheron
24-04-2014, 01:40 PM
I would settle for a draw B) .

wellin
24-04-2014, 05:05 PM
A draw would do. I would like to see us finish 2nd but it won't be a disaster if we don't. If someone had offered 3rd at the beginning of the season i would have taken it then.

steviex
24-04-2014, 08:41 PM
A draw would do. I would like to see us finish 2nd but it won't be a disaster if we don't. If someone had offered 3rd at the beginning of the season i would have taken it then.

There is no chance we will get second our defensive record is so bad and against teams in the top half that will punish us. I see 3rd at a push if I was betting 500 quid on it I could see 4th as I think both St Johnstone and Aberdeen will be too strong for us.

skippy91
24-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Aye at the start of the season i would have taken third but right now im still lookin at second. It is not beyond us at the moment but Saturdays result against Utd will go a long way to determining our fate. Take nothing and we could be lookin at fourth. Although do agree with our goals against this sesson to finish even third would be remarkable.

sieb1886
24-04-2014, 11:27 PM
All depends on Saturday's game. I reckon we'll have a fair few fans make the journey to Dundee all the same !

Yazz
25-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I would settle for a draw B) .

Likewise. I think ultimately that will be enough to secure 3rd - which is more than I thought we'd get near at the start of proceedings.

I think 2nd is unlikely --- but 3rd will give us a better euro draw.