PDA

View Full Version : Sylvain Distin To Miss Southampton Trip

alan_stubbs
24-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Distin concern for Everton.

Champions League-chasing Everton will be without veteran French defender Sylvain Distin for Saturday's English Premiership match against Southampton due to a hamstring injury.

The 36-year-old centre back was substituted at halftime in the 2-0 home win over Manchester United on Sunday and manager Roberto Martinez told reporters on Thursday that the player would not be available for the trip south.

"It's a little bit too early to know how long he is going to be out," said the Spaniard, who already has injured Belgian forward Kevin Mirallas ruled out for the rest of the season.

"It's a soft tissue injury with his hamstring and I do feel that in the next 48 hours we will have a clearer idea of whether he is going to be available before the season ends."

Martinez said that with with three games remaining, it was also unlikely that on-loan striker Lacina Traore, who has been out since February, would play again this season.

Everton_Freak
25-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Up you step Mr Alcaraz. No concern at all having him replace Distin. We've seen all the lads bought from Wigan except Kone flourish under Bobby's way of playing and they've fit in lovely, McCarthy especially is one of my top players this season and I think Alcaraz will prove to be another shrewd solid choice who could quickly be pushing for a first team start and not just cover.

alan_stubbs
26-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Up you step Mr Alcaraz. No concern at all having him replace Distin. We've seen all the lads bought from Wigan except Kone flourish under Bobby's way of playing and they've fit in lovely, McCarthy especially is one of my top players this season and I think Alcaraz will prove to be another shrewd solid choice who could quickly be pushing for a first team start and not just cover.

[color=navy]
Good finish by the lad for the Saints, I'm give him that :P