PDA

View Full Version : Woman thieves.

ozfan
25-04-2014, 09:02 AM
A friend has a waiting room for his customers for which he pays for and provides modern magazines and daily papers as towards the end of the day he's invariably running behind.

What's getting up his nose is the amount of magazines that go missing. And ninety five percent of them are woman's mags. Very rarely do the men's mags such as men's health go missing. It's the woman doing the petty theft.

Surprising ?

yubbywelch
25-04-2014, 09:33 AM
2 women have stolen my heart. :(

MissWinnie
25-04-2014, 07:25 PM
A friend has a waiting room for his customers for which he pays for and provides modern magazines and daily papers as towards the end of the day he's invariably running behind.

What's getting up his nose is the amount of magazines that go missing. And ninety five percent of them are woman's mags. Very rarely do the men's mags such as men's health go missing. It's the woman doing the petty theft.

Surprising ?

Hmmm ... I'll just stop you right there Dr Watson ... just because it's the women's mags that are going missing, doesn't mean it's the women doing the pilfering. :P

OK, seriously, although it's disappointing to read, I'm not altogether surprised in this instance. Just couple of thoughts ... I'm just wondering whether it's partly down to ease of opportunity - most women carry bags into which a magazine can be easily slipped, as opposed to most men who would have to try and conceal it under clothing; and partly due to magazi

MissWinnie
25-04-2014, 07:47 PM
2 women have stolen my heart. :(

:heart: I know it's not the same, bro, but you can always share some of mine while you're getting your's back ...

NuclearDevice
25-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Perhaps he should ask people to donate old mags - still interesting to read to while away the time, less likely to be nicked.

MissWinnie
26-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Just a thought following on from Nuc's suggestion. Obviously, I've no idea of the layout of your friend's waiting room area, or where he keeps the magazines, etc, but is there a Reception within it/near it? Just thinking that if the magazines were located right next to a Reception desk, where the customer had to effectively make eye contact with a Receptionist, if there is one, when s/he was selecting their magazine (maybe on one of those wall things you get in coffee shops for newspapers?), it might act as a deterrent? Women quite often don't want people thinking badly of them. Maybe slightly less relaxed, environment wise, but better than having them walk?