PDA

View Full Version : No coffee, fats,sugers or dairy. Just shoot me now.

ozfan
25-04-2014, 09:23 AM
After some symptoms I went to my GP who ordered a liver function test. The results showed highly elevated liver chemicals which indicated a sluggish toxic liver that needs a rest and a boost. So juices,fruits and vegetables that the liver needs to sparkle is it.

Day one. Headache. No caffeine. Hungry. Itchy.

Slight urge to throw stuff. :D

Anyone else on a special restricted diet?

yubbywelch
25-04-2014, 09:28 AM
It's called working in CQ.

I've never eaten so healthily in my life.

MissWinnie
25-04-2014, 08:33 PM

OK, well, if you're sure ...

BAN ... Nope, sorry Oz, I can't do it ...

*Ducks to avoid flying object, before retreating to safety behind the sofa.

Ouch, that sounds like a big bundle of things to have to give up all at the same time, especially, if I remember correctly, you're not so fond of veggies?

I've done the caffeine withdrawal thing a couple of years back. Not for any underlying health issues as such, I had just been drinking far too much Diet Pepsi - not great for a natural owl, who has loads of energy at night, but whose head is velcroed to the pillow in the morning. Had tried cutting down without too much success, so decided, against everyone's advice to just stop drinking it. Felt like death warmed up for about 5 days. Well, okay, maybe an exaggeration, but felt like I'd got flu - headaches, mu

MissWinnie
25-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Cont ...

I'm eating too much of it (love cheese)/feeling guilty about animal welfare. I'll be honest, the alternatives aren't brilliant (and not necessarily too healthy as can be loaded with syrup), but almond milk is okayish if you're blending fruit 'milk' shake/smoothie, and if you're missing ice cream, half frozen/defrosted raspberries and bananas blended together can make a nice sorbet, assuming you like raspberies and bananas, that is!

I always think restrictive diets of any kind are particularly tough for guys, as you need so much more energy than us girls, but I'm sure you'll start feel like a zesty new man once you get through the initial tough bit!

PS. Let me know when it's safe to come out from behind the sofa. :D

NuclearDevice
25-04-2014, 09:28 PM
After some symptoms I went to my GP who ordered a liver function test. The results showed highly elevated liver chemicals which indicated a sluggish toxic liver that needs a rest and a boost. So juices,fruits and vegetables that the liver needs to sparkle is it.

Nope.

:D :D :D

Liver, eh.. Sure it's not the alcohol at work. My own gamma tests went from stratospheric to top of the class when I cut down on the old vino / pivo.

Might do the trick rather than some irksome diet ?

dazzyo-villa
26-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Sounds awful, bloody hard too I bet, I'd proper struggle to be fair.

I don't have a restricted diet but I have to take a tablet once a day for the rest of my life, have to take it an hour before I eat and if I don't I suffer from real bad reflux and it takes me days to recover properly.

ozfan
28-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Just a quick visit. Thanks for your inputs. :)

Well my symptoms went down hill since. Turned yellow. Unbearable itching and a few more nasties.

Turns out to be not a sluggish liver but Hepatotoxicity from a recent coarse of amoxicllin Clavulanate antibiotics.

Be informed before taking this prescription. It's not the Amoxicillin but the Clavulanate combination.

Just have to wait and see how damaged my Liver is. :blue: - view external link (livertox.nlm.nih.gov/AmoxicillinClavulanate.htm)

yubbywelch
28-04-2014, 10:41 AM
That's crappy Oz.

I hope there is no damage internally.

MissWinnie
28-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Hey handsome!

Lots of positive thoughts, hugs, and love are currently winging their way to Auckland, so should be with you in about ... well, just about now, really. :) Plenty more to follow too. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Immediate reaction of anger that you were prescribed something so toxic, but that's not going to help, so I won't go there. Thanks for sharing the information on the drug and making us all aware.

I'm guessing you won't feel like posting much at the moment, but let us know how you get on with your tests. Keeping everything crossed. Knowing you, I'm sure you will anyway, but make sure you ask lots of questions as to what you can be doing now to counter the effects.

Anything at all I, or we can do to help, then you know you only have to shout.

In the meantime, you take good care of yourself, Oz. :heart:

Winnie xxx

bongosdad
29-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Get well soon oz.

yubbywelch
30-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Sis calling your bro handsome, some people will find that strange.

yubbywelch
30-04-2014, 07:44 AM
But thanks, beautiful.

;D

MissWinnie
30-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Yubby, It's really good of you to offer to help Oz out by answering his posts for him, but what did mum and dad say about you inventing fantasy siblings? I know you want to be just like Oz, but he's never going to be our big brother.

Oh, and although I'm sure Bongo will be flattered, isn't a bit weird calling a baby orangutan, beautiful?

:P

:D

yubbywelch
30-04-2014, 02:00 PM
We know the truth Sis.

bongosdad
30-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Yubby has a face like Bentekes backside. Hence his avetar.

stateside
30-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I bet you're an expert on footballers backsides B. :-p

Oz, get better. I went years without dairy products for fear of kidney stones. I still got them and found out later the calcium in milk was probably good for the stones.

I swear we'd be better off visiting vets than drs, honestly.

yubbywelch
01-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Statesy are you implying Oz is a horse?

MissWinnie
01-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Oh that'll be down to Oz's thoroughbred good looks, bro.

Dreamily wanders off thinking about Oz in hay ...

yubbywelch
01-05-2014, 02:02 PM
hey?

oh dear.

stateside
01-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Where did I imply oz was a horse?

Please keep your future brother in law in check please ozfan.

yubbywelch
01-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm just filling in what you were thinking, what we were all thinking.

;D

NuclearDevice
01-05-2014, 09:49 PM
A thoroughbred, hung like one, or ready to be put down by lethal injection ? :P

MissWinnie
03-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Where did I imply oz was a horse?

Please keep your future brother in law in check please ozfan.

Stop scaring Oz, please Dad - he's not feeling very well.

Anyway, isn't it your responsibility to keep your loudmouth Aussie son in check? :P

MissWinnie
03-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Hope you're doing okay, Oz. As promised, here are some more positive thoughts, love and hugs. :) Winnie xxx

yubbywelch
03-05-2014, 10:02 AM
hope the old fella is alright.

Best wish's mate

ozfan
05-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the well wishes lovely people :heart:

Well I spent a few days as a guest of Auckland Hospital and I must say nurses are brilliant people. So after lots of tests they conclude my liver has some damage but it's not serious and they expect it to fully recover within 2-4 months. Remarkable organ when you look at what it copes with.

The worst part has been the itching. Constant burning itch coming out of what feels like every pore. They've tried a few different things but nothing has helped. Just have to ride it out. (see what I done there?)

Apparently there are 17 of these reactions from every 100,000 prescriptions. 4 are fatal, 4 require a liver transplant and the rest go on to make a full recovery.

So while uncomfortable now I look at my kids and realize I'm a lucky boy.

Now excuse me while I go roll on the carpet. :D

yubbywelch
05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Good to hear your alright Oz.
Still crappy, but I guess your very thankfull cause things could've been far worse.

I hope you have a perfect recovery within 2 months

MissWinnie
05-05-2014, 08:27 PM
You must be a little hoarse after telling everyone how you are, Oz (See what I did there?) Ok, I'll go now. :D

Seriously, I'm so relieved to hear that the damage isn't serious, and that your liver should heal itself in a few months. I can only imagine the sense of relief you must be feeling. These kinds of scares certainly do a good job of making us appreciate our health and what's important. The itching sounds horrendous though. It must be really hard not to scratch your skin raw. Here's hoping that symptom passes as quickly as possible for you, and as Yubbs says, you make a full recovery within the shorter amount of time estimated.

Big hug. :heart:

Winnie xxx

ozfan
06-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Good to hear your alright Oz.
Still crappy, but I guess your very thankfull cause things could've been far worse.

I hope you have a perfect recovery within 2 months

Thanks Yubbs. So do I mate.

ozfan
06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
You must be a little hoarse after telling everyone how you are, Oz (See what I did there?) Ok, I'll go now. :D

Seriously, I'm so relieved to hear that the damage isn't serious, and that your liver should heal itself in a few months. I can only imagine the sense of relief you must be feeling. These kinds of scares certainly do a good job of making us appreciate our health and what's important. The itching sounds horrendous though. It must be really hard not to scratch your skin raw. Here's hoping that symptom passes as quickly as possible for you, and as Yubbs says, you make a full recovery within the shorter amount of time estimated.

Winnie xxx

I saw what you did there and I guess that's a burden you're saddled with.

Don't go. Look into the yellows of my eyes, surely you must know by now.

yubbywelch
06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
A friend of my had a similar ending with her internals she was yellow for about 2 or 3 months, full recovery, no other issues.

MissWinnie
06-05-2014, 10:50 PM

Winnie xxx

I saw what you did there and I guess that's a burden you're saddled with.

Don't go. Look into the yellows of my eyes, surely you must know by now.[/quote]

Ok Oz, I'm standing on tiptoes looking into your eyes, thinkin

yubbywelch
07-05-2014, 05:49 AM
Neigh neigh nnnneighhhhh

dazzyo-villa
07-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Chin up Oz, hope things are on the mend for ya pal.

MissWinnie
09-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Neigh neigh nnnneighhhhh

Clearly I was destined for a life of great burden in more than one area. Oh well, Winnie, never mind, a Yubby brother is for life, I suppose, not just for beating in comps ...

yubbywelch
10-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Do you feel blessed

MissWinnie
10-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Well, if feeling blessed means thinking 'that bless-ed brother of mine' :blue: , then, yes, I frequently feel blessed, bro. :P ;D

yubbywelch
10-05-2014, 05:51 AM
XD XD XD