PDA

View Full Version : consensus of opinion...

redgreggie
25-04-2014, 03:43 PM
the consensus of opinion seems to be that man utd players weren't playing for the manager...

what a load of garbage

how do the fans deal with that, the fans that pay to go watch their team win, fans that wait all week praying for a win...then they hear something like that, well, questions need to be asked...

professionals...shyte...

and what about fans of teams that also got affected by man utd not performing to the level they should have done...

well, I hope that they lose every match whilst giggs is in charge...a disgrace.

the F.A. ought to look into this...will they...I think we all know the answer to that.

ray...in Batley.

aussieowl
25-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Ray I don't think that that really means players going out on the pitch & deliberately not playing...I see it as meaning they weren't able to play as freely or in the same manner as say under Fergie, being told to play a certain style/tactic/position can dampen a players perfomance, when he gets the ball at his feet his instinct might be to do one thing but he knows he can't because he's been told to do something else..that can be very negative as to how you perform.

Personally I like Man Utd & Ryan Giggs, hope they do well while he's in charge, hope the new manager understands what Manchester United are about & that they don't become like a City/Chelsea.

hirstyboywonder
25-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Ray I don't think that that really means players going out on the pitch & deliberately not playing...I see it as meaning they weren't able to play as freely or in the same manner as say under Fergie, being told to play a certain style/tactic/position can dampen a players perfomance, when he gets the ball at his feet his instinct might be to do one thing but he knows he can't because he's been told to do something else..that can be very negative as to how you perform.

Personally I like Man Utd & Ryan Giggs, hope they do well while he's in charge, hope the new manager understands what Manchester United are about & that they don't become like a City/Chelsea.

Completely agree with the first paragraph mate but as for liking Man Ure, no chance.

I have great respect for the likes of Giggs and Scholes, one of the most underrated players of his generation but as for hoping they do well, their arrogant fans in Surrey, Ireland and othr out

aussieowl
25-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Totally understand your opinion hirsty...mine, I think comes from the days of Law, Charlton & Best, Bobby Charlton in particular, plus Nobby Stiles in 66 for England.

I like how they've become the biggest football brand in the world off the back of Sir Matt's hard work & football nous as oppose to somebody walking in over night with a massive wad of money...they're still, depending on the new manager, a legit British club, producing & bringing through home grown players alongside the 'must have' foreign imports.

I guess they're self made giants rather than a circus act care of someone's magic wand, being that massive is bound to attract what people call plastic fans from all around the globe, doesn't make them any less genuine as a club in my eyes...it won't hurt them to have what for them is a rough period, just hope they stay true to their roots, they tried to with Moyes but looks like he just wasn't up to it.

banno
26-04-2014, 01:16 AM
i'm no lover of man utd but it has to be said that they are the only top side that has continually produced home grown talent.
i've a feeling that it will all end soon and they will go the way of Arsenal chelsea etc

hirstyboywonder
26-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Totally understand your opinion hirsty...mine, I think comes from the days of Law, Charlton & Best, Bobby Charlton in particular, plus Nobby Stiles in 66 for England.

I like how they've become the biggest football brand in the world off the back of Sir Matt's hard work & football nous as oppose to somebody walking in over night with a massive wad of money...they're still, depending on the new manager, a legit British club, producing & bringing through home grown players alongside the 'must have' foreign imports.

I guess they're self made giants rather than a circus act care of someone's magic wand, being that massive is bound to attract what people call plastic fans from all around the globe, doesn't make them any less genuine as a club in my eyes...it won't hurt them to have what for them is a rough period, just hope they stay true to their roots, they tried to with Moyes but looks like he just wasn't up to it.

Fair points mate