PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United hand Motherwell a beating

jwok
26-04-2014, 03:54 PM
That was a horror show. We were chasing shadows at the back and hopeless at the front. Ugh! - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/dundee_united_hand_motherwell_a_beating_831476/index.shtml)

Handsome_Devil
26-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Can only hope that was so bad there's a reaction to come - will be incredibly tough next week against St Johnstone who have hit form but four clear with three to play (two at home, none against Celtic) is still a great position to be in.

McCall will have his work cut out this week though.

bheron
26-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Can only hope that was so bad there's a reaction to come - will be incredibly tough next week against St Johnstone who have hit form but four clear with three to play (two at home, none against Celtic) is still a great position to be in.

McCall will have his work cut out this week though. I wish I was as confident. :s

Handsome_Devil
26-04-2014, 04:49 PM

McCall will have his work cut out this week though. I wish I was as confident. :s[/quote]

Dunno if confident is quite right...but we've seen in the last two seasons that it's incredibly hard to chase down a lead at this stage of the season.

United were absolutely horrific last week so it's far from certain they'll maintain their performance today in the remaining games. Similarly, as dark a mood as we're in now, is it really likely we'll lose the next three in a row? We've beaten Inverness the last twice we played them, tanked St J 4-0 the last time they came to FP and have a great record at Pittodrie.

So while there will be plenty of nerves stil

markymfc
26-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Pathetic drivel. A waste of time and money. I seriously worry about our bottle. Will we get over the line not so sure.

steviex
26-04-2014, 05:55 PM
That was a horror show. We were chasing shadows at the back and hopeless at the front. Ugh!

For those worried about Hutchison leaving I suggest you should be worried about him and his fellow defenders staying... we finally got there, even I thought we might not match the grim stats, but here it is

Motherwell goals against 59
Hearts Juniors goals against 59

we now officially have the joint worst defence in the league and by fpuck it shows.

...utterly appalling statistic and the tactics today from the off were utterly mind numbing. Freezing cold day on Tayside and A?45 quid to watch that utter sh1te.

steviex
26-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Pathetic drivel. A waste of time and money. I seriously worry about our bottle. Will we get over the line not so sure.

No 4th is our destination, that defence cannot sustain us for the remaining games.

firparkloony
26-04-2014, 06:03 PM
GUBBED by a better team on the day, put t behind us and move forward, I predict we will not play as bad as that for the rest of the season. What was really annoying was, apart from Lasley that was the same team that fought so hard and played so well against the manky mob last week!

steviex
26-04-2014, 06:13 PM
GUBBED by a better team on the day, put t behind us and move forward, I predict we will not play as bad as that for the rest of the season. What was really annoying was, apart from Lasley that was the same team that fought so hard and played so well against the manky mob last week!

Wish I had your optimism... but truth is we were p1sh against Hibs , lost 3 goals, p1sh against St Mirren, lost 3 goals, p1sh against Kilmarnock lost 2 goals, utterly rank against Dundee Utd and lost 5 goals (should have been 8 or 9). Truth be told we have been performing poorly for large parts of every game over the last 5 / 6 weeks. I can't see how suddenly that defence will become competent.

SM has a huge job on his hands to make us even remotely solid at the back for next season. Thank fpuck we've had Sutton or we would be play off candidates.

mix106
26-04-2014, 07:35 PM
That was a horror show. We were chasing shadows at the back and hopeless at the front. Ugh!

For those worried about Hutchison leaving I suggest you should be worried about him and his fellow defenders staying... we finally got there, even I thought we might not match the grim stats, but here it is

we now officially have the joint worst defence in the league and by fpuck it shows.

...utterly appalling statistic and the tactics today from the off were utterly mind numbing. Freezing cold day on Tayside and A?45 quid to watch that utter sh1te.[/quote]

Of the last 6 teams relegated only 2 have conceded more goals than we have this season. That stat should be really alarming SM. Christ even Maurice Malpas's Motherwell team only conceded two more goals over the season than we have so far. I'm confident we will burst both

Yazz
26-04-2014, 08:05 PM
even I thought we might not match the grim stats, but here it is

Had it not been for Sutton's goals we would be in a relegation dog fight.

skippy91
27-04-2014, 06:41 AM
I make that 16 goals Utd have bagged against us this season and we some how manage to remain above them in the league...bet they wish they were playing us every week. Why the f@#k do we capitulate against them especially after last weeks efforts? Does Jackie Mac have compromising photographs of SM? >:( >:( :D

Wellup4it
27-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Its the way we set ourselves up and play against them. They are a very pacy team who like to hit on the break. So what do we do?

Drop our fastest players and play well up the park. Its not quite a simple as that of course.

Yesterday's scoreline is only likely to compound our future problems against them. Based on past experience SM may now think what we can change against United that will surprise them and stop them from playing...

I'd say don't overanalyse and just play to our normal game. Use players to their strengths and not their weaknesses.

dazlhigh
27-04-2014, 09:57 AM
A 300-mile round trip in the car to see that! Bitterly disappointing! However,by the time I reached the Forth Bridge on the way home I had done some more rational thinking. The fact is that I always thought that one point from those first two games would be bearable, and I wasn't even sure we'd get one point. We did get one.
The fact is that if - and it's a fair size of an 'if' after yesterday - we win our two home games I think we're third. Aberdeen have to play Celtic and Utd., who also still have Celtic to play and a cup final to think about. Yesterday's not coming back - fortunately - but it's not all over. There's still plenty to play for.
C'mon the 'Well.

Yazz
27-04-2014, 09:29 PM
... Based on past experience SM may now think what we can change against United that will surprise them and stop them from playing...

I'd say don't overanalyse and just play to our normal game. Use players to their strengths and not their weaknesses.

He's clueless when it comes to big games, absolutely bluddy clueless.