PDA

View Full Version : 2011 all over again.

spionkop
26-04-2014, 04:30 PM
No fight from the players and the gradual drip, drip, drop into relegation. Sad times. Every saleable player sold and now BIHL have lost another gamble and we face years in the lower reaches. The Second City does not deserve this.
Rg

bolt
26-04-2014, 04:59 PM
The irony is that the owners have shot themselves in the foot big time ,assuming we are relegated the clubs value will have reduced massively, serves them right ,now they can feel some real pain be it financial

26 players leaving, probably the manager and his side kicks

and no idea who is going to own the club or when ,and as Bassman says some of the worst records in the football league

don't think I can remember a worst time, at least when were in the 3rd last time we did have owners and players that belonged to us

even if Wigan are terrified of getting injured I can not see us getting anything at Bolton

bassman
26-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Bolt we really need just one win , if we can get that against wigan then we might be o.k , i cant see anything against bolton though , its down to clark , he has to go with macheda and zigic up front from the start , he has to pick players in their natural position, picking spector to mark players of matt smith's physique is not the move of a sane person , it looks as though thorpe will be out for tuesday now so that leaves packwood and martin at centre , i listened to both commentaries today to get an idea of how we were playing and both felt we did well in the first half and should have been at least a goal to the good , sounds like zigic had his best game since the cup final but had no one alongside him, second half came down to the problem already mentioned above , all is not totally lost but not far off

gazulu
26-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Got to say Spion I thought we showed a bit of fight in the first half. Ziggy and Adeyemi looked fired up and although not great they were applauded off at half time. Then the second half when we normally up the tempo our game was littered with awful mistakes and it was only a matter of time before Leeds scored. Once the inevitable happened the players heads dropped and normal service was resumed. I can't even get upset as my mind was made up last week that we were going down.

twofootedchallenge
26-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Bolt we really need just one win , if we can get that against wigan then we might be o.k , i cant see anything against bolton though...

Surely a massive typo? ;D

I don't see you getting more than 1 point! Sorry you're screwed O:)

viperblue
26-04-2014, 08:37 PM
writing was on the wall after losing to Yovil
but all is not lost ( I hope)3 points from any of the remaining games ...
KRO

bassman
27-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Bolt we really need just one win , if we can get that against wigan then we might be o.k , i cant see anything against bolton though...

Surely a massive typo? ;D

I don't see you getting more than 1 point! Sorry you're screwed O:)[/quote]

personally i don't see us getting a point but in actual fact if doncaster dont get anything from their last game at leicester and leicester are chasing the 100 points total then your one point will be enough to keep us up as we have a superior goal difference to doncaster, you really must try harder , and check the stats

viperblue
27-04-2014, 07:03 AM
one nil to Bassy Ithink
KRO

aKROKiwi
27-04-2014, 08:58 AM
I counted three goals there VB - (Bassman scored with check the stats, & one point sufficient) and then there's the fact the visiting troll has clearly scored an own goal

Bassman 3
Troll 0

Is it half time yet?

twofootedchallenge
27-04-2014, 09:04 AM
what's this a mutual reach around club?:blue:

Rotten to the core! Hope you go down in flames.

Bolton are turd but you are worse! >:( >:(

spionkop
27-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Whatever combination you put out I'm afraid that most of the players are just not good enough. Whilst Zigic walks on water, for some, the ludicrous contract that he was given has meant that the club has been drowning financially ever since we were relegated from the Premiership and every talented player has gone.
With the removal of King and Davies, to pay for his wages, we lost our best striker and our best defender and have been floundering ever since.
As Bolt points out we may even have problems putting together a squad for next season. So much of what has happened to us in the last few seasons is symptomatic of all that is wrong in modern football.
Rg

bassman
27-04-2014, 02:49 PM
you cant blame zigic for staying loyal to his contract, all he did was sign it , he didnt write it , the owners of the club did , for all of his faults zigic is actually the best player at the club,dont forget he played for his country and at the world cup finals , its easy to forget and he will be the last player of that quality we will see at st andrews for some time , none of the managers understood how to get the best out of him, when the ball into him is of quality he scores , its not some weird science

spionkop
27-04-2014, 04:40 PM
You miss the point Bassy, in trying to defend your idol. What I was saying was that every decent player in the club has had to be sold off to service that contract which has served to underline BIHL' s total mismanagement of the club' s finances. If you think that the 20 million pounds spent on him has been good value for money, in getting us relegated to the third division of football, then that is another argument.
Rg

bassman
27-04-2014, 05:07 PM
spion for a start he's not my idol,and i do understand the mismanagement of the club , lets face it the whole funding of the side we had around ziggy was a punt by CY and his cohorts, relegation exposed just how much of a punt it was, but too many fans cant see past ziggys wages , they only see a player being misused by managers and judge him on those performances.The state of the clubs position in the league has nothing to do with zig and everything to do with a nut job of a manager who 1/ does not know his number one side even now 2 games from the end of the season and 2/ can't stop tinkering and playing players out of position 3/ playing formations that over complicate things . we just need basics , load the bases and get the ball in

eoin17
27-04-2014, 07:43 PM
what's this a mutual reach around club?:blue:

Rotten to the core! Hope you go down in flames.

Bolton are turd but you are worse! >:( >:(

Well done, I wonder if this contribution is massively better than either of the 2 club posts recorded against your? Thanks too for your good wishes and cheery observations born of a razor-like investigative mind and a lemon-zest wit.

aKROKiwi
27-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Well said Bassman; Zigic is not the problem that lies off the field but the sad thing is that on the field he has had the potential to be the solution, but has not often been allowed to be. Although he was better used, the same remark also applies to the late Chucho Benitez

Not the only odd player signing made before this season; Alexander Hleb anyone? How did he fit in and what was that about?

Now I think I'll go back to reading Russian novels and listening to Nick Cave to cheer myself up a bit...

bolt
28-04-2014, 10:38 AM
4-4-2 4-4-2 4-4-2

remember !! The Big Ginge

its happening again

I was right that time, and Bassy you are probably right this time, might as well try it although Wigan have a strong midfield :s

BrisBlue
28-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Well like Kiwi I'm a million miles from the action so to speak but must say the teams slide down the table has become very depressing,I have in many ways given Clark the benefit of the doubt because of the clubs situation,but can agree with the many who find Clark's week by week meddling perhaps more of a problem than the problem itself.

Forgetting injuries and the odd suspension I cannot get my head round getting loan players like Macheda,Martin and Howard for specific purposes talking them up and then not building a team around them as well as only giving them an occasional game or off the bench its like he see's no crisis is half way up the table and wants to give the whole squad a run before seasons end and I'm doubting now his call to arm's just does'nt register with the players at all,well in two games the saga will end hope we have a happy ending,for me its Lee Clarks last call hope he gets it right.KRO

BlueMog
28-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Bolton are turd >:( >:(

No...not "turd"...third. And that would be Derby. Bolton are four****th.

eoin17
28-04-2014, 11:33 PM
And to take it all the way, Bolton is turd...

eoin17
28-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Well said Bassman; Zigic is not the problem that lies off the field but the sad thing is that on the field he has had the potential to be the solution, but has not often been allowed to be. Although he was better used, the same remark also applies to the late Chucho Benitez

Not the only odd player signing made before this season; Alexander Hleb anyone? How did he fit in and what was that about?

Now I think I'll go back to reading Russian novels and listening to Nick Cave to cheer myself up a bit...

Boris Pass the Knack ?