PDA

View Full Version : Arbroath 1 v 2 Dunfermline

steeplejack
26-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Another sound home performance, another home defeat, same old!!
Played Dunfermline off the park yet a goalkeeping howler and a late soft goal was again our undoing.
Feeling a combination of gutted/angry/disappointed etc seems to be the story of the whole season in general.
Everyone played their part, but again we are empty handed when it comes to points on the board.

In my opinion I'd rather we were away to Airdrie than Ayr Utd, sounds like we will have a huge travelling support next week.

Bellevue
26-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Yes, we were on top for most of the game but hardly had a shot at goal.
Morrison spilled a long range shot off his chest and Thomson was on hand to score from the rebound. Their keeper made a couple of good saves, particularly one from a Deuchar header, but 1-0 at half time.
A Bobby Linn near post corner from the left early in the second half was headed in by Travis to make it 1-1. Morrison had a couple of good saves and a draw looked likely.
Substitutions were made, Chisholm for Sheerin, MacIntosh for Deuchar and Banjo for Cook. Then a Dunfermline break down the left, a low cross and Geggan put it away to give Dunfermline an undeserved win. I did think that having a big central defender in McGeever made a difference to the defence. Could have done with him earlier in the season.
All now down to the last game against Airdrie. A must win game if we are to have any chance of getting the play off place, providing East Fife lose their last match.

smokie_bacon_crisps
26-04-2014, 05:53 PM
The team were brilliant today and again we were unlucky. Again if you were a neutral you would have no idea who were bottom of the league and who were full time and going for promotion.

Sad to see the "theatrics" from the full side team, especially from our old hero. Referee also was honking.

I have to stand up for Scotty. The Dunfermline shot took a massive deflection and so he did well to block the initial shot. He also had three brilliant saves which kept us in it, especially when the Dunfermline player was through and they were one on one.

Michael Travis & Kevin Nicoll were the men of the match for me.

Arbroath1
26-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Have to disagree on goalkeeping issue, our goalkeepers have not given out any kind of confidence all season and this must be adressed next season be it div 1 or 2. Thought the boys did all they could today against a full time opposition who were running ball into corners at end that surely tells it,s own story. How the hand ball in the second half at 1-1 was not given is beyond , i have seen many strange decisions this season but that one really takes the biscuit, we asked the linesman and he said it never was, jees o it was plain right in front of everyone. McManus again worked hs socks off and Cookie again immense, pity another blunder at back cost us for both goals no concentration at their second goal after substitution and Morrison,s howler, however must say as sbc has he did make some good stops after that but not enough for me to keep hm at Gayfield however i realise he has signed on again for next season. One thing s for sure the vast majority of fans i spoke to and seen at ga

ectolichtie
26-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Keeper terrible, what he was doing for the goals, i will never know, i will not here any excuses for him, ever, that is all

Brizaldo
27-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Thought the Gaffer made the wrong subs at the wrong time. Hindsight is really strange, Great team performance Nicoll was the stand out for me, His contribution so far deserves player of the season, (as does Cook) as for Chis Its time to hang them up. Destiny is in our own hands now

maroonie
27-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Thought we were well worth a point yesterday and at times as said above it was difficult to see who was a 2nd place team and who propping up the table. Been the story of our season, dominating play in large spells but not capitalising on our dominance. If we show the same spirit and commitment and concentrate at the back next week, there is no reason we can't come away with a result and get the play off spot. Hope we get a big vocal support through to help make it happen. C'mon lichties

AFC1320
27-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Great performance from the lads yesterday and we matched our full time opponents with Falky (what was he doing?) and their number 9 being superb.
What a save from Dr Goals header and we had a blatant penalty turned down when it was a deffo hand ball.
Nicoll was superb again and got the sponsors MOM.
I personally would not have made the 3 subs but I hear the Doc was injured but imo Peanut and Cook were having great games and you should NEVER make a sub defending a corner or free kick and that is what happened for their winner.

All to play for next week, C'mon the Lichties.