PDA

View Full Version : So, onto next year

GreasyChipBeattie
26-04-2014, 07:11 PM
I know it's a way off yet, but wondering if you will make it to the last game of next season needing to win to stay up, or will you already be down by then?

cazzaswfc
26-04-2014, 08:08 PM
We'll be fine B)

How about you lot ;D

Least you'll have some derbies to look forward too, possibly 4, enjoy your cup finals...

Tawnyowl24
26-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Gotta laugh at the pigs, they can all see into the future according to pigsmad.:D
Seems like we're destined for league one and they're going straight to the prem
according to every one on there board.
Or, are they hoping we fail and don't get any investment?
All this based on getting to a semi-final, a manager that did f uck all at Derby, and millions to spend on the team.;D

GreasyChipBeattie
26-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Cazza Cazza Cazza,
You know how we'll be next season.
The only question is, will will be taking your place on the last day of the season (a la Crystal Palace at home) or will you be down by Easter.
I believe Easter is quite early next year, but I'd be surprised if that'll stop you. :-)

Katchouro
26-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm certainly tempted to lay a bet on another Sheffield double next season.

What a terrible way to end the season for the curly tails. Averaging three goals against per match - I think this tin pot form will convince The Gooch and Loo to seek other clubs. No top ten finish for Mandy and hirstyboywonder.

Tough times ahead at the Sty whilst our Nigel keeps up the good work at the Lane. Future's bright, future's red and white.

GreasyChipBeattie
26-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Gotta laugh at the pigs, they can all see into the future according to pigsmad.:D
All this based on getting to a semi-final, a manager that did f uck all at Derby, and millions to spend on the team.;D

5 points from the last 18 for you lot?
A manager who did f all at Derby that managed us through a 10 match winning run in this division?
Yep, keep laughing at us Tawny.

Tawnyowl24
26-04-2014, 08:49 PM
I am still laughing, at your deluded optimism.
You've got to get out of the pub league before you can start taking the
p iss.
If you lot think we're immune to investment you're in for a shock.
Enjoy your trip to Gillingham.XD

WhitbyOwl
26-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Greasy, I expect us to be mid / lower table again unless we get some investment, which I doubt. If we clear some players out early and replace with maybe less but better quality maybe we could hope for mid table - a few points better off than this season.

Honest question then, where do you expect to finish, you all seem to think your champions elect. And another honest question are you expecting us to be relegated...Maybe a AŁ20 charity bet is in order?

Katchouro
26-04-2014, 08:53 PM

Has Mandy paid off the loan from Terry Brown yet? You're building up debts just to tread water, debts Mandy thinks he can sell off.

He bought you to make a quick cash turnover, instead you're a millstone around his neck eating his family's inheritance.

Your future looks bleak.

aussieowl
26-04-2014, 08:59 PM

Your future looks bleak.

[/quote]

Oh well, neh mind...there's always the football to watch.

Katchouro
26-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Lovin the glass half full tude aussie.

And you never know, Jack Stobbs could turn out to be the new Adem Poric.

blades58
26-04-2014, 09:17 PM

Not true Tawny. I and many many other blades on BM and elsewhere aren't stupid enough to think we'll walk out this division and you know that. Stuck here for 3 seasons already tells us that.

However, what I will say is this is the most optimistic I've been for many a season.

At last I see a number of building blocks being put in place and that gives many of us reason to be positive :)

Time will tell

Tawnyowl24
26-04-2014, 09:19 PM
How the f uck do you know the ins and outs of the finances at
Hillsborough kathpig?
Slight smell of a bit of success and your knickers are round your ankles.
Let's see if the summer brings you messi like you're all expecting.

Katchouro
26-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Hillsborough katch, you footballing expert?

I occasionally hold my nose and read a few threads on PorkTalk - as well as having a few sources of my own. ;)

Your former Chairman had a few interesting things to say about your finances a couple of months ago. For his trouble he got called a **** ... many, many times.

It's part of being a modern fan, my Wembley dodging friend, you need to have a grasp of a club's finances. But I don't need to tell you that, you're the most intelligent fans in the country, Gary said.

Tawnyowl24
26-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Wembley dodging friend, that's a laugh.
What's the f ucking point of frequent visits to that svhitole they call our capital if you lose every time?
Try trophy dodgers .:blue:XD
As for the finances, truth is you know jack s hit, and you're just hoping that
everything fails at Hillsborough.
Are you looking forward to your Liverpool game changing investment.

aussieowl
26-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Hillsborough katch, you footballing expert?

It's part of being a modern fan, my Wembley dodging friend, you need to have a grasp of a club's finances.

[/quote]

Couldn't disagree more, what's the point in having such detailed knowledge of something you can't do owt about...the point of being a football fan is to enjoy/endure the football...everything else will take care of itself, or not...simplistic?, you better believe it is, just the way I like it.

Katchouro
26-04-2014, 10:40 PM
It's more about managing expectations and predicting possible achievements aussie. Expenditure is key to most club's success - you finished third in the Premiership after having spent the Co-op's money.

It's not the most fun aspect of being a supporter I grant you, but always important to have a reasonable grasp on.

aussieowl
26-04-2014, 10:54 PM
The problem I see is that it's become almost too important, it gets rammed into the senses whether you like it or not...sure money/finances are key but I don't particularly want to know that much about it, I recognise the importance but from what I've seen it seems to be all some people talk about...if the money dictates where the club goes so be it but I'd be as happy to support Wednesday in the Sunday leagues as I am now not withstanding the joy/saddness along the way...the football is & always will be what it's about for me.

Katchouro
26-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I wish football was stripped down to the 'jumpers for goalposts' ethos as well, where as fans we didn't have to concern ourselves with finances. But those more innocent times are long gone. Jordan Slew's agent is a bigger figure of hate for Blades than any Wednesday player.

Re finances Just ask Beighton next door, and mention the freehold while you're at it. ;)

hirstyboywonder
27-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I wish football was stripped down to the 'jumpers for goalposts' ethos as well, where as fans we didn't have to concern ourselves with finances. But those more innocent times are long gone. Jordan Slew's agent is a bigger figure of hate for Blades than any Wednesday player.

Re finances Just ask Beighton next door, and mention the freehold while you're at it. ;)

I bet you wish it was jumpers for goal posts, would be far easier for you to keep moving them as you are famous for.

GreasyChipBeattie
27-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Greasy, I expect us to be mid / lower table again unless we get some investment, which I doubt. If we clear some players out early and replace with maybe less but better quality maybe we could hope for mid table - a few points better off than this season.

Honest question then, where do you expect to finish, you all seem to think your champions elect. And another honest question are you expecting us to be relegated...Maybe a AAi20 charity bet is in order?

Honest answer then WhitbyOwl?
I expect us to finish top 6.
Will we? Absolutely no idea Mate.
Will you go down? No idea Mate.
It's far too early to judge next season yet.
Currently, I guess most people (including Wednesdayites) would be looking towards a top 6, possibly top 2 finish for us based on what has happened in the latter part of this season.
And I wouldn't argue with your predicition of a mid to lower half finish...yet!
As for the wager, I'm no longer a betting man Mate.

cazzaswfc
27-04-2014, 04:48 PM
It's more about managing expectations and predicting possible achievements aussie. Expenditure is key to most club's success - you finished third in the Premiership after having spent the Co-op's money.

It's not the most fun aspect of being a supporter I grant you, but always important to have a reasonable grasp on.

Sorry to correct you Katch, but if you are going to get a dig in, at least make it plausible. We did not finish third on the co ops money, by the mid nighties we were in debt by only 4-5 mill, it was the charterhouse deal and bad purchases to spunk the money raised which started financial issues , trying to overhaul the playing squad with average overpaid players and crocs to try and allow us to compete once again with the top teams. This wasn't until around 1997 and onwards we started to loan from the banks etc.

As for the Terry Burton loan, I guess we will soon see how ambitious Milan is to drive us forward, pay

sexypistol
27-04-2014, 09:06 PM

I bet you wish it was jumpers for goal posts, would be far easier for you to keep moving them as you are famous for.[/quote]

Oooh and there lands the knockout blow in this thread.

mcbrewer
27-04-2014, 10:32 PM
One thing and only one thing is certain next season and that is

WEDNESDAY WILL FINISH IT HIGHER THAN THE PIGS

as usual

Rotherhamowl10
28-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Katch's sauce = Owlstalk XD XD

PeteWaller
28-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Still smiling, still appy, oh to be a Miller :D :D :D ;D

Katchouro
28-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm going to have to start calling cazza Incey-wincey if she keeps spinning like that. You lived beyond your means for years staying in the top flight on the tick - the Des Walker Andy Sinton signings the height of the financial lunacy. The first Chairman that came in to try and sort you out financially is an unjust figure of hate. (Congratulations to Chezzy and big DA btw.)

@SP, it was barely even a rabbit punch. Mellor failed to score 15 league goals, I was right. And speaking of predictions even in your darkest spell this season I said you'd stay up. Even telling you that Barnsley and Yeovil were nailed on for relegation.

@rov, I think you've been on the sauce with a typo like that. But you are right, Porktalk is full of goons and simpletons. But every now and again there is an insider intent on airing some dirty linen. It's like Christmas in Chez Katch whenever Strafford releases one of his bitter comunicas.

banno
28-04-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm going to have to start calling cazza Incey-wincey if she keeps spinning like that. You lived beyond your means for years staying in the top flight on the tick - the Des Walker Andy Sinton signings the height of the financial lunacy. The first Chairman that came in to try and sort you out financially is an unjust figure of hate. (Congratulations to Chezzy and big DA btw.)

@SP, it was barely even a rabbit punch. Mellor failed to score 15 league goals, I was right. And speaking of predictions even in your darkest spell this season I said you'd stay up. Even telling you that Barnsley and Yeovil were nailed on for relegation.

@rov, I think you've been on the sauce with a typo like that. But you are right, Porktalk is full of goons and simpletons. But every now and again there is an insider intent on airing some dirty linen. It's like Christmas in Chez Katch whenever Strafford releases one of his bitter comunicas.

Katchouro
28-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Hardly biting bannochops, just having some online chat with my friends on this board. Pity you're not around more, but as is often the case when you lot start losing you're 'working away'. ;)

You still thinking about Ched Evans by the way?

hirstyboywonder
28-04-2014, 09:15 PM

So i

Katchouro
28-04-2014, 09:40 PM
You need to get out more mate.

You might be right.

I'll try and cadge a lift on banno's work van. Open myself to a whole new world of adventure.

Meanwhile old baggy skin will be penning his poisonous swipes for next season's likely relegation. Laughs a plenty at the Sty.

cazzaswfc
28-04-2014, 10:49 PM

I don't recall having Walker or Sinton in the side when we finished 3rd.

Kind of proves my point that the spending started after that, peaked in 1997-98 with the charterhouse fiasco and Agent Wilson spending millions, falling into the championship ( no parachute payments) and debts mounting from 2000 onwards.

So just to clarify our side it hat finished 3rd was not courtesy of the co op, maybe it was down to selling Dalien Atkinson ;D

Sorry if this dosent fit with your myths Katch

aussieowl
29-04-2014, 03:31 AM

Kind of proves my point that the spending started after that, peaked in 1997-98 with the charterhouse fiasco and Agent Wilson spending millions, falling into the championship ( no parachute payments) and debts mounting from 2000 onwards.

So just to clarify our side it hat finished 3rd was not courtesy of the co op, maybe it was down to selling Dalien Atkinson ;D

Sorry if this dosent fit with your myths Katch[/quote]

Cazza's been

braggyowl
29-04-2014, 09:48 AM
I know it's a way off yet, but wondering if you will make it to the last game of next season needing to win to stay up, or will you already be down by then?

By the last game of the season we will be very comfortable in a play off spot...United will also get to the play offs but this time they won't be able to lose at Wembley as they will get kicked out before that and will then have to watch Wednesday win at Wembley and go to the Prem...This will make them sick as, well, pigs. :)

braggyowl
29-04-2014, 09:53 AM
[quote="banno"]I'm going to have to start calling cazza Incey-wincey if she keeps spinning like that. You lived beyond your means for years staying in the top flight on the tick - the Des Walker Andy Sinton signings the height of the financial lunacy. The first Chairman that came in to try and sort you out financially is an unjust figure of hate. (Congratulations to Chezzy and big DA btw.)

@rov, I think you've been on the sauce with a typo like that. But you are right, Porktalk is full of goons and simpletons. But every now and again there is an insider intent on airing some dirty linen. It's like Christmas in Chez Katch whenever Strafford releases

Rotherhamowl10
29-04-2014, 10:00 AM
source, sauce, sause, souce...it doesn't distract us away from the fact you rely on owlstalk and users like Strafford to back up your 'facts' and claims that we're in a financial crisis.

braggyowl
29-04-2014, 10:14 AM
He really does show himself up on here doesn't he...He's like our very own little court jester bless him. XD

Ginger_Potts
29-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Off With His Head...& stick a apple in his BIG gob. ;D

Katchouro
29-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Unsurprisingly for this board we've stepped back in time ... to 2010 to be precise. Cazza being blinkered and spinning a yarn, aussie telling me I'm in her pocket, and Mellor and Fat Les chat.

XD

cazza, you were operating on the tick all throughout the 90s. It was Richard's MO. If greyhairedowl still posted on here he'd fill you in on the truth.

aussieowl
29-04-2014, 09:12 PM
If greyhairedowl still posted on here he'd fill you in on the truth.

What a shame(for him)we didn't go down...he'd be all over this board like a rash, after first stopping next door to discuss how sh!t we've been since Dave Allen left.

Katchouro
29-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm not having that aussie.

He's a cracking poster, tells it like it is and says the things that need to be said.

He's much missed.

sexypistol
29-04-2014, 09:32 PM

Sorry if this dosent f

Katchouro
29-04-2014, 09:44 PM
XD

SP not letting the truth get in the way of a wind up. I said Mellor wouldn't score 15 league goals and I was right. In fact the only 15 you achieved that season was the place you finished.

Speaking of predictions I said you'd finish 17th, just one place off where you will finish. Not too shabby - SP no doubt thought they'd finish top two.

banno
29-04-2014, 09:46 PM
XD

SP not letting the truth get in the way of a wind up. I said Mellor wouldn't score 15 league goals and I was right. In fact the only 15 you achieved that season was the place you finished.

Speaking of predictions I said you'd finish 17th, just one place off where you will finish. Not too shabby - SP no doubt thought they'd finish top two.

XD XD XD XD
pants on fire

banno
29-04-2014, 10:00 PM
it must be just blind faith and i might be in a minority of 1 but I'm optimistic for our chances next season.
i think we have a core of good young players that have come good as this season wore on (Palmer, lee, maguire, lavery) and with buxton, semedo (who looked a better player alongside lee), antonio, nuhui, kirkland (if he stays), reda there's plenty to work with.
if the 2 loan defenders were to stay or were replaced with similar i wouldn't be fearful of the drop with a few additions.

aussieowl
29-04-2014, 11:04 PM
He's much missed.

By you maybe, or anyone who has an agenda post Dave Allen.

Rotherhamowl10
30-04-2014, 10:42 AM
No matter how much GHO praises Dave Allen's leadership, he will always be known as the person who sued his OWN fans, and then went one step further by suing a fan who was in the middle of fighting a battle with cancer - it will never be forgotten.