PDA

View Full Version : OT TV Drama Series thread

danm1992
26-04-2014, 08:53 PM
I recently finished watching Six Feet Under, easily the best TV series I've ever seen.

I also liked Luther, which I got as a Christmas present.

itsintheblood
26-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Line of Duty police drama, saw it about March, fantastic, best Tv i've seen in a long time.

Thought this was great too, a one off Drama.

Tommy Cooper: Not Like That, Like This - ITV Comedy ...

Whatsmore
26-04-2014, 09:17 PM
hotel inspecter WHAT? ;D ;D

lord_hooray
27-04-2014, 07:19 AM
through the years there have been several classic drama series.

Going back to the seventies and "When the boat comes in", i watched it on Yesterday channel a few years ago and it is still outstanding, though it is a costume drama and might not to be everyones taste the storylines were superb.

In the eighties Edge of Darkness was superb but might be a bit dated for the younger element but still worth a watch. Also try the Moleculed Mutineer with Paul Mccann.

From the nineties Cracker stands out.

State of play from about 2003 was absolutely brilliant, only 6 episodes,you can pick it up on ebay for a couple of quid.

I also liked Life on Mars from 2006/7, for the comedy element alone it is fantastic.

Liked the Pinky blinders from last year as well

danm1992
27-04-2014, 12:01 PM
From the nineties Cracker stands out.

I've got the Cracker boxset. Seen every episode a million times. Love it.

leebwfc
27-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Sopranos's is amazing, you get to know the characters so well through the series, brilliantly written

Boardwalk empire is also brill, not really into things set in the olden days but that was really good, made even better by the casting

JimmyJazz64
27-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Not seen any decent ones recently

Cracker and Prime Suspect stand out as the best ones I've ever seen.

Although not drama as such, Band of Brothers is probably the best "series" I've ever seen

danm1992
27-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I was gonna mention Prime Suspect as it's very similar to Cracker. Brilliant.

Lee mentioned Sopranos. Love that. Got through the box set in no time.

alfinyalcabo
27-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Loved the sopranos and six feet under,but my favourite was Dexter ..

alfinyalcabo
27-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Frost was another great series.

alfinyalcabo
27-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Sopranos's is amazing, you get to know the characters so well through the series, brilliantly written

Boardwalk empire is also brill, not really into things set in the olden days but that was really good, made even better by the casting

Looking forward to the next series of boardwalk empire ,Nooky is the top man..