PDA

View Full Version : Summer holidays?

garyp1803
26-04-2014, 09:04 PM
After spending the last 10 years in Spain, we are going on an all inclusive holiday to Egypt! :s I've done my research on tripadvisor and I hope we don't get the ****s! But value for money, it seemed a good choice.

Where are you off to this summer?

danm1992
26-04-2014, 09:07 PM
My sister's getting married in A–lAdeniz, Turkey.

That's not until September, hopefully fit a short last minute one in somewhere between now and then.

garyp1803
26-04-2014, 09:10 PM
My sister's getting married in Aa??lAdeniz, Turkey.

That's not until September, hopefully fit a short last minute one in somewhere between now and then.Dan, do you not mean Olu Deniz?

danm1992
26-04-2014, 09:13 PM

That's not until September, hopefully fit a short last minute one in somewhere between now and then.Dan, do you not mean Olu Deniz?[/quote]

How strange. I wasn't sure how to spell it so copied and pasted it straight from Wikipedia. No idea why it came up like that.

Oludeniz, indeed. Although we're staying in nearby Ovacik.

itsintheblood
26-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Been t'egypt, fascinating country.

Watch yourself in that Cairo ;D

Going upto the Lakes, in a posh Cabin for a week, cant wait :D

garyp1803
26-04-2014, 09:18 PM

That's not until September, hopefully fit a short last minute one in somewhere between now and then.Dan, do you not mean Olu Deniz?[/quote]

How strange. I wasn't sure how to spell it so copied and pasted it straight from Wikipedia. No idea why it came up like that.

Oludeniz, indeed. Although we're staying in nearby Ovacik.[/quote]We very nearly booked a holiday in Olu Deniz and I believe Ovacik is great too. We just found Turkey a little bit pricey as it's now a very popular destination, but it's still a great choice!

garyp1803
26-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Been t'egypt, fascinating country.

Watch yourself in that Cairo ;D

Going upto the Lakes, in a posh Cabin for a week, cant wait :DNot going anywhere Blood apart from quad biking.

We have booked a quality hotel, with a golf course and a 400 metre beach on site and it's just case of pulling on my speedo's and getting leathered!

JimmyJazz64
27-04-2014, 07:04 PM
I went to Egypt with the same worries gary and it was absolutely fine. No hygeine issues whatsoever.

The biggest problem apparently is the money as that is the most likely source of any contamination.

I took loads of hand gel and kept any notes that were given to me in a separate pocket

garyp1803
27-04-2014, 07:43 PM
I went to Egypt with the same worries gary and it was absolutely fine. No hygeine issues whatsoever.

The biggest problem apparently is the money as that is the most likely source of any contamination.

I took loads of hand gel and kept any notes that were given to me in a separate pocketJesus! I never thought of that. I tend to give the ice cubes and salad a miss, as I think that's a more likely chance of getting a bug.

nvent
27-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Off to Zante in two weeks time

JimmyJazz64
27-04-2014, 08:04 PM

I took loads of hand gel and kept any notes that were given to me in a separate pocketJesus! I never thought of that. I tend to give the ice cubes and salad a miss, as I think that's a more likely chance of getting a bug.[/quote]

Every single person that I spoke to before I went told me the same thing. The money is filthy. We were all-inclusive in Sharm but went out a couple of nights. The notes that I was getting back in change were really bad. I stuck them in my pocket well away from my wallet. Ice cubes in the hotel were fine as they were made from bottled water but out of the hotel I stuck to beer. I avoided salads as the water there is really heavily chlorinated and tainted the

eric1953
28-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Lanzarote in early June. Puerto Del Carmen.

Then hopefully a 7 day Med cruise in September.

gallopingchip
29-04-2014, 06:22 PM
New York and Washington DC. It'll be the last holiday with my daughter before she scarpers off to Uni.