PDA

View Full Version : PFA Team of the Year

OhWell
27-04-2014, 07:34 PM
"Southampton duo Adam Lallana and Luke Shaw have both made it into the PFA Team of the Year." - view external link (http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1800077?cc=5739)

proclaimer
27-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Saw the team, felt really pleased for both and proud we had 2 players in the team then I read the article and when I got to the bit where it should have said why they were in the team, or the season they (and us) have had or the possibility of going to Brazil .. No

...The pair have also been linked with big-money moves to the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea this summer after helping their side to a top-10 finish...

Is there any need for that :(. Boring and small minded and, no, I haven't got my head in the sand I am aware that it could happen but how about changing the record occasionally.

OhWell
27-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Sky Sports interviewed Shaw today and found that he is happy to stay at Southampton: - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9286989/shaw-happy-at-southampton)

Joffyw
27-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Think you'll find Lallana has now made team of the year in three divs, not too many could claim that one I'm sure.

PapaLazarou
28-04-2014, 07:35 AM
A stunning achievement to have two of our Academy lads in the PFA Premier League Team of the Year - the players themselves, the club and everyone associated with the Academy should be very proud.. B)

saintwayne
28-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Many congrats to Adam and Luke, they have done themselves and SFC proud. As Papa says, a stunning achievement. :D

BobbyPeru
28-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Think you'll find Lallana has now made team of the year in three divs, not too many could claim that one I'm sure.

Tidy player...always has been. I'm hoping he gets the nod over the likes of Cleverly, Carrick, Milner, Townsend, Lennon, etc etc etc in a few months but he won't because he plays for you.

Joffyw
28-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Based on Shaw getting in the Prem XI and most pundits XI with Baines running a close second for the LB position, what are the odds of Cole being on the plane to Brazil instead of young Luke.

BobbyPeru
28-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Odds on...you don't make the Engerrrland team unless you play for one of the media darlings...been that way since Steve Bull bucked the trend. Stuart Ripley on the left? oh yeah...Blackburn were top.

BobbyPeru
28-04-2014, 01:08 PM
And not mentioning Le Tiss's 4 for Engeerland B...when Les went instead.

Dirtyweasel
28-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Incredible achievement by all concerned at SFC.

Rather than looking for negatives, this should be celebrated for what it is.

Well done Adam and Luke B)

chiswickmart
28-04-2014, 02:32 PM

You mean like when people raise money for charity? >;)

Dirtyweasel
28-04-2014, 02:40 PM

You mean like when people raise money for charity? >;)[/quote]

When it's done entirely for charity, then yes, of course. - view external link (http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/11042014-ralph-krueger-saints-foundation-big-bike-challenge-1483314.aspx)

chiswickmart
28-04-2014, 03:12 PM
As you well know, it was originally to buy more fan shares in Portsmouth, but half was given to charity instead.

This probably doesn't sit well with your raison d'etre, but that's effectively Pompey giving money to charity!!

Krueger makes me laugh, he's clearly so far out of his comfort zone he thinks doing a charity bike ride might take the heat off him. He'll be found out soon. He has no commercial experience at all. You wouldn't employ him in your business I'm sure...unless you were looking for a failed ice hockey coach I guess.

Pentridge
28-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Well done to the two lads.

Something we can all be proud of.

Dirtyweasel
28-04-2014, 03:36 PM
As I understand, it was promoted as a charity event, with the majority of funds going to pay players wages. Classy.

As for Freddie being out of his depth, quite how you can claim this to be the case without even two months of him being in the job I have no idea. Unlike po**ey, we do the majority of our business behind closed doors. However, when we do things publicly, it tends to be something commendable, like Freddie's involvement in a charity bike ride, where 100% of the funds donated will end at there intended charitable target.

I can understand how this approach conflicts with your raison d'Aatre, but each to their own.

chiswickmart
28-04-2014, 04:16 PM
"Our bike ride was originally planned to raise money to buy community shares in PCFC as part of the final push for shares before the share issue ended at the end of April. However we were made aware of a young lad called Jack Robinson and decided we wanted to help this young boy too.

Jack and his identical twin brother Liam were born on the 7th June 2009. On 24th January 2014 Jack was diagnosed with a brain tumour. They operated on the tumour, but could not fully remove it.

Unfortunately after a brave fight Jack passed away just after midnight on April 1st. In Jacks memory, 50% of the total we raise will be split 3 ways between Naomi House and the ward at Southampton General hospital that both helped care for Jack as well as a donation to Brain Tumour research.

The other 50% will be used to buy community shares in PCFC to be held by Pompeys12thMan alongside the 20 that have already been purchased which was always the original aim of the 300 mile/3 day cycle challenge.

We original

Dirtyweasel
28-04-2014, 04:55 PM
As has been said before, any fund raising for the charities mentioned is to be commended. Both are extremely worthy causes.

It's sad they won't be receiving all of the funds raised though, as paying players wages is hardly a worthy cause by comparison.

However, any donations that may be made to the said charities will I'm sure be gratefully received.

As for Freddie, he's making a promising start as far as Saints fans are concerned and more importantly he's certainly no back street property developer looking to made a fast buck for himself.

harvey_7
29-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Good interview from shaw, he seems like such a level headed lad & knows the right thing to say!

chiswickmart
29-04-2014, 08:25 AM
As for Freddie, he's making a promising start as far as Saints fans are concerned and more importantly he's certainly no back street property developer looking to made a fast buck for himself.

Nope, he's a failed ice hockey coach who probably can't believe how he's landed this job.

chiswickmart
29-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Anyway, back to Lallana, would he turn down Champs League footy?

Liverpool looks a good fit to me. - view external link (www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10793724/Liverpool-expected-to-rekindle-interest-in-Southamptons-England)

harvey_7
29-04-2014, 11:58 AM
I'd like to think that Saints wouldn't even accept a bid so he wouldn't have the chance to speak to Liverpool Chis, I do honestly think we will keep our best players. The club have made a big club statement saying they won't sell, so if they turn around & do sell some of them then the fans won't be happy!!

chiswickmart
29-04-2014, 12:30 PM
I expect a few fans won't be happy then. Why would Lallana turn down the chance to play Champions League football?