PDA

View Full Version : Stuart McCall emails

capilano_well
28-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Remember we used to get quite detailed emails from the manager, in which he explained decisions made by him, changes required etc? Does he still send these out to supporters, as I haven't received one of these all season I think?

I found them very informative and they would make me realise why a decision had been made, or not. I recall he left Higdon on the field in one game last season I think, despite Higdon being very poor. Everyone wondered why this was the case and McCall explained in his email that he left him on to use his height to defend corners.

Additionally, it made the fans feel important and I believe it did put McCall in a better light after a defeat as he could apologise or explain tactics. He doesn't have to do it obviously, but it was a nice touch.

I had expected an 'apologetic' email after the Albion Rovers game. I realise that he has other things to do, but part of his job is to build relations with the support and his emails were always excellent.

dasdeid
28-04-2014, 12:02 PM
I could do with receiving a manager email explaining Saturday's fiasco after receipt of one from wife's lawyer detailing I've LOST house & car and must never see my children as result of divorce proceedings and the only possession I can retain is my Motherwell FC season ticket !!

wellin
28-04-2014, 05:02 PM
You drew the short straw there mate...Or maybe not, there's only a couple games left on it.