PDA

View Full Version : The End Of The Road For Apostolos Vellios?

alan_stubbs
28-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Vellios back at Goodison.

Striker Apostolos Vellios has been recalled by Everton after failing to make the mark during an uneventful loan spell with Blackpool.

The 22-year-old joined the Seasiders at the end of March and was due to stay for the remainder of the campaign.

He started the first two games which he was available for but was substituted in both games and failed to appear again in a Blackpool shirt.

notnever
29-04-2014, 10:47 AM
[p]
Shame that, could have been good for us..

Clearly has application & attitude problems.

[p]

bfcandproud
29-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Alright chaps

I saw the 2 games you refer to and he was gash, absolute gash

I know he hasn't been playing but he offered nothing and for a big lad, he wins nothing and I mean nothing in the air

Somebody at your place must have seen something in him though as I heard you payed big money for him ?

Good luck against City btw... anyone but them to win it

alan_stubbs
29-04-2014, 05:11 PM
[color=navy]

Really is a shame. Seamus Coleman went to Blackpool and it really improved him as a player. Was hoping the same would happen with Vellios :(

bfcandproud
29-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Coleman was outstanding for us and I knew he would become a top top player

A couple of years earlier we had Joe Hart on loan and I thought exactly the same with him

Shame we only sign dead wood on loan these days :(

alan_stubbs
30-04-2014, 07:04 PM
[color=navy]

To be honest, I'm surprised just how much Blackpool have fallen away from the front runners. Looks like you lads are safe from the drop though :)

<br>

bfcandproud
01-05-2014, 11:15 AM
We were in a false position early season mate. The football has been dire all season not helped as usual, by our chairman who continues to take all the money out of the club and puts nothing back and next season will be no different... we look like we have survived though :)

On the Greek chaps situation, there is a piece in the local written by our club secretary that says he failed to show for training on Good Friday and on the Saturday and his agent said he had returned to Everton, but when we contacted you, you were not aware of that !!!

So not sure what has happened there, but like I said earlier, he looks gash to me

alan_stubbs
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
[color=navy]
Vellios wasn't too bad in the few games he played for us, but something must be off because Moysie started to over look him, and now Roberto doesn't appear to fancy him. He did kick up a fuss when he was asked to go out on loan earlier in the Season. He was acting like it was somehow beneath him. I think notnever is right with what he wrote in this thread... 'Clearly has application & attitude problems'. It's a pity these players don't realise just what a privileged position they have in life, instead of just acting 'entitled' all the time :(

I really hope that Blackpool sort themselves out for next Season and can get back up there in the promotion places. It was great having you lads in the Prem :)