PDA

View Full Version : Asante!!

Deano1875
30-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Been confirmed this morning that Asante, Hales and Higgins will all be released at the end of the season...
Asante for me was someone who should have been in and around the 1st team for a few years now and someone who we should of kept and used more should we be relegated...

What do people think of the news on Asante...

bassman
30-04-2014, 09:38 AM
without seeing him play regularly its not possible to comment but hundreds of players get released who showed enormous promise at 16 but just didnt progress, i know we are about to drop to league one but the kids coming through still have to be top notch otherwise there is no way forwards

Deano1875
30-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I agree mate, but the type of players we will be looking to bring in on next year whether it be loan or free's will be of a similar standard to the 3 players we have just released...plus we will be losing Zig, Lovenkrands and Macheda anyway so will have a shortage of strikers..

bassman
30-04-2014, 11:16 AM
we have Novak on contract till 2016 and Matt Green still has another season to run on his contract and should be fit for the start of the new season

BrisBlue
30-04-2014, 11:32 AM
You probably have a valid point regarding the type of player being released and every chance the incoming players of a similar standard,but I think the current coaches in charge are making a judgment that the released players just can't get good enough to play at a higher level.Very cut-throat no doubt.

Many years ago before academies schoolboy internationals were played,great little players at 15 or 16 years of age but statistics showed less than 10% made it to the PRO ranks many youngsters just don't go up the ladder and all the coaching appears to have little effect.

BrisBlue
30-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Thank goodness Bassy there will be half a dozen or so left after this diabolical season with the odds really stashed against survival my only hope whatever happens is despite the gloom it can be a great chance for the club to grow again from the inside so to speak,hopefully a owner and a manager with a vision that nurtures young players through the ranks with a blend of good experienced players its not rocket science and can be done, really with all that has happened does it matter if it takes a couple of seasons to get back to the Championship as long as the team shows progress.KRO

aKROKiwi
01-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Once upon a time we got good results from the yoof programme in one batch we got Francis, 2 Latchfords, Burns, Calderwood, Cooper, Bowker, Emanuel & Gallagher; then we got another with Dillon, Dennis, Coton, Broadhurst, Handysides, Kuhl, vd Hauwe & Hawker. Obviously before that there was Malcolm Page and I think Malcolm Beard also (Spion will know)and obviously in the fifties, Jeff Hall, Trevor Smith & Gil Merrick; and probably more besides. In the last dozen years the only youth products to have got much of a go have been Carter, Sadler, Redmond Mutch & Butland; also there was Kilkenny but he came from elsewhere I think but he was capped by Australia and then also let go(!). Hopefully we can start to get a bit more from the current crop.

Our neighbours have always had great youth that they haven't been afraid to give a go to I'm sure we all remember that Gary Shaw and Gordon Cowans made big contributions to the magnificent Villa side that won the League and then the European Cup a

bassman
01-05-2014, 10:47 AM
kro the attrition rate up here on merseyside is mental, i have in laws with family in the liverpool kids sides and there are some great kids let go, my own nephew as a 14 year old was scoring 50-60 goals a season with his sunday league side and playing against blokes, couldn't get a sniff kept getting passed over by clubs, a couple of his mates who acknowledged they were inferior in their opinion ,got pro contracts he gave up playing in the end i used to go and watch him , i couldn't see anything lacking in the lad , fast and good in the air and scored for fun he's now mid twenties and loads of dog n duck teams want him but he's fell out of love with the game , and that brings me rather long windedly to late developers , villa had a player , john gidman turned up with his boots to the training ground and asked for a trial he got in with ron saunders at the helm, loads of talent goes unspotted imo and hopefully our scouting network could come up with some useful players, if we're in lea

BrisBlue
01-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Well said Kiwi and Bassy you hit the nail on the head,there are plenty of opportunities for BCFC to recover from this gigantic mess and a well developed youth policy should be part of the mix as Kiwi mentioned we have had some great players come through the system in the past although it has appeard to dry up a bit in recent seasons.

If we don't go looking for the quick fix which seems to be for many the only answer to most things these days you can still live your dreams,I just hope BCFC find the right answers over the next few seasons and put a smile on our faces for once KRO.

bassman
01-05-2014, 11:22 PM
i was reading on often partisan that the league one financial constraints regarding wages as a proportion of turnover may mean we have to play the youngsters anyway next season.