PDA

View Full Version : at 25 mill it would be cheap

bolt
01-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Birmingham City Could Be Worth A 'Small' Fortune

Birmingham City Football Club are to go head to head with Bolton on Saturday with their Championship status on the line. In addition to that a financial expert, former Leeds United chairman, has warned the club could face administration.

Should relegation happen, reports suggest the club could be sold for as little as a 5 million down payment. I`m sure Pannu is now wishing he`d of held on to some of the playing assets

Whilst many people fully understand the clubs need to balance the books, given the situation now, it could be said that the playing staff were far more valuable at the club keeping it in the Championship. Instead there is half a team and a manager who has guided his team to just six points in 10 games. A truly remarkable return, for our relegation rivals.

The club is valued by its owners at 32 million, but should the club drop down a division will be worth just 20-30% of that figure. In the opinion of Gerald Krasner

bassman
01-05-2014, 11:17 PM
i read these articles by the experts and you know what ? i begin to wonder how they ever became experts i've read more sense on messageboards At 5million jeesus h he ought look at the debt clubs are carrying that are valued at 4 times our owners have us valued at , we are virtually debt free in general footballing terms , we own our own ground still , we are about to become unburdened of the larger wage earners at the club , o.k we might be about to drop to league 1 but the potential of the club with legitimate investment is there for potential suitors to see, ok we expect to see some hard bargaining and there will be strings attached to any sale , but to compare us with leeds and other clubs that have gone belly up is maybe trying to blow smoke where there is no fire , administration and all the black stuff thrown by these guys, quite frankly they dont know and its a cheap way of getting theirs in lights , **** em , i'll believe it when i see it , this is blues weird sH it happen

bolt
05-05-2014, 10:52 PM
it would appear I got it bang on at least according to the never to believed Mirror

According to Monday's Daily Mirror, Jailed owner Carson Yeung wants AŁ25m for Birmingham City, amid reports he has received several offers for the club.

Birmingham only escaped relegation from the Championship on the last day of the season with two late goals at Bolton relegating Doncaster Rovers.

Birmingham have been hampered by transfer embargos and boss Lee Clarke was forced to build a new team in January after several key loanees returned to their parent clubs because of financial constraints.

The Birmingham fans will be hoping Yeung can find a buyer, and soon, to allow Clarke time and money to build for next season.

JB