PDA

View Full Version : OT Wine Thread

danm1992
02-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Never could stand wine, but recently been drinking it more than anything else. Except maybe water.

I love Australian and South African reds. Asda Pinotage is fantastic and they also do one called Langhorne Creek that's unbelievable for a fiver.

Are you a wine drinker? Red? White? What's your price range? Any recommendations?

JimmyJazz64
02-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Out of all the booze that I drink I'd say that well over 90% is red wine. Always loved the stuff but hated the prices that were charged for a decent bottle...until I found Aldi!!!!

See the link below danm and try:

Toro Loco Tempranillo - AŁ3.79
Cotes du Rhone - AŁ3.89
Pinot Noir - AŁ4.69

Make sure that you get the exact bottle in the picture and not, for example, the New Zealand Pinot Noir. I guarantee that if you like red wine you will be stunned at how nice they are at the ridiculously low price. I've converted out and out wine snobs to Aldi wine.

The one wine that I do buy outside Aldi is Carmenere - a really smooth Chilean red - view external link (https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-range/drinks/wine-cellar/red-wine/)

Whatsmore
02-05-2014, 08:58 PM
kin ell chaps all this wine stuff I didn't know you two wine lovers my favourite is what we call localy darcy wine real lambrini or if im realy into a quality night blue nun XD XD XD sorry lads you know im a heathen by now.just bottled beer for me with a few jack daniels to help them slip down

itsintheblood
02-05-2014, 09:37 PM
kin ell chaps all this wine stuff I didn't know you two wine lovers my favourite is what we call localy darcy wine real lambrini or if im realy into a quality night blue nun XD XD XD sorry lads you know im a heathen by now.just bottled beer for me with a few jack daniels to help them slip down

Can they not afford Pomagne round Darcy, whats ;D

bwfcforever
02-05-2014, 09:40 PM
its something i have got into & i dont know why :? once upon a time i couldnt touch the stuff but have a couple of bottles per week now :? , think its because i am older

danm1992
02-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Out of all the booze that I drink I'd say that well over 90% is red wine. Always loved the stuff but hated the prices that were charged for a decent bottle...until I found Aldi!!!!

See the link below danm and try:

Toro Loco Tempranillo - Ai3.79
Cotes du Rhone - Ai3.89
Pinot Noir - Ai4.69

Make sure that you get the exact bottle in the picture and not, for example, the New Zealand Pinot Noir. I guarantee that if you like red wine you will be stunned at how nice they are at the ridiculously low price. I've converted out and out wine snobs to Aldi wine.

The one wine that I do buy outside Aldi is Carmenere - a really smooth Chilean red

Aldi do some really good ones Jimmy. Love the Kooliburra Shiraz Cabernet, 3.99.

bwfcforever
02-05-2014, 11:52 PM
eye , we had a odd bottle of it dan ...good stuff eh

danm1992
03-05-2014, 12:08 AM
Can't complain at 3.99 a bottle bwfcforever.