PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's game - a bit of context from Bolton

wanderlust
02-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Us Bolton fans have had a disappointing season, but can't help feeling sorry for the plight you're in. Many here see it as an object lesson in the dangers of "foreign ownership" - and think you've been shafted.
Personally I hope you survive and there are a couple of things that might help.
First, we have nothing to play for apart from individuals trying to get new contracts - knowing that we'll be having a clear out of overpaid ponces in the summer.
Secondly, because we have no money to spend on replacements (apart from what we can get from selling) Freedman is having a good look at the development squad and it's likely that at least 2 starters will be kids.
This season we have been atrocious in some games and if it's one of those days you have a great chance of battering us. With other teams in the mix you may only need a point.
Anyway good luck for tomorrow. There are a lot of Bolton fans who empathise - we know only too well it could easily have been us on the brink - and possibly

bolt
02-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Top post thanks mate ,I see wee have baggies fan on hear wishing us well as well

yes we have been well shafted ,maybe our luck will turn tomorrow

gazulu
02-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Cheers for the sentiments wanderlust. We are indeed facing a huge period in our history and it seems only the fans give a monkeys about it. No one wants to take the blame from our old owners, our current owners whose silence is deafening and the football league who seem to have completely washed their hands of the whole situation. Lee Clark would have been sacked months ago but unfortunately we have no one to make a decision down here now we are all but doomed. Clubs like ours need fans as part of the ownership as they live and breathe the club, these foreigners who love the kudos of owning big English clubs have no idea what they are letting themselves in for and we should give them a very wide berth. The Premier league is also to blame as clubs like ours will throw money at it in a bid to be part of it then saddle themselves with huge wage bills when they go down, Zigic springs to mind. Anyway I'll be at the Reebok tomorrow with me lad and hope for a positive outcome but I'll not hol

eoin17
02-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Good on you Wanderlust, smashing sentiments, well expressed. You're a credit to yourself and your club. Here's to tomorrow and better times for each of our teams. ;D

grabut
02-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Yes good luck tomorrow, make it a dogfight and get at least that point. League 1 is awful and it wont be easy to get out of, especially with no money.

bolt
03-05-2014, 12:30 AM
thanks for the thought for the night pal :D

BrisBlue
03-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Yes some special heartfelt comments above,and there's no doubt the average football fan around would feel much the same and well understands that many many clubs are really walking a very fragile pathway with just a glimmer of Gold at the end but one slip and another BCFC appears.

Wombourne_Wolf
03-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Yes some special heartfelt comments above,and there's no doubt the average football fan around would feel much the same and well understands that many many clubs are really walking a very fragile pathway with just a glimmer of Gold at the end but one slip and another BCFC appears.

Talking of Gold we are coming back up.

I would love it if you went down. How many of you took the p#$s out of us?

Have some back especially that Polly who always calls bbc wm.

Ave it!!!

bassman
03-05-2014, 09:54 AM
who do you support wombourne fc ? are you a womble ? you know what happens to 'old gold' ?...it gets melted down

wanderlust
04-05-2014, 11:17 AM
That all worked out well in the end, although we were very disappointed with our performance, especially from Danns who skied 3 chances and Hall who wasn't interested (both ex-Blues!) Great game to watch for a neutral but nerve-shredding for everyone else. Looked like Lee Clark orgasmed at the end! Congratulations and look forward to seeing you next season. Hopefully our managers will be able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat between now and then - certainly the clear out at Bolton will continue to gather pace over the summer so if you know of any premiership quality players willing to play for League 1 wages give us a shout!

eoin17
04-05-2014, 05:51 PM

Talking of Gold we are coming back up.

I would love it if you went down. How many of you took the p#$s out of us?

Have some back especially that Polly who always calls bbc wm.

Ave it!!![/quote]

Excellent post Wombourne Wolf. To answer your question, I don't know. Generally speaking, I think you'll find that most of the posters on here have a little more class than you suggest. A quick phone call to WM should give you the platform you feel you need to develop your points about Polly.
Perhaps there are other points on WM you'd like to address? There has been a much repeated theme that had you not been