PDA

View Full Version : Getting colder

yubbywelch
03-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Just started to have some cool mornings both here in Brisbane and Central Queensland.

Leaves are falling off the trees, days are still 30 degrees and high 20's in Brisbane, but the mornings are high single digits.

Not much sign of rain out west, but showers are regular down here in Brisbane.

MissWinnie
03-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Must be tough working in the CQ heat, Yubbs?

A balmy 13 C on our UK bank holiday weekend. Bikinis at the ready. ;D

yubbywelch
03-05-2014, 09:55 AM
The summer constant 35+ days for 4 or so months was pretty full on.

You drink heaps, even at the moment I'm still easily drinking 2 litres of water during the day, and i'm a small bloke.

ozfan
05-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Was talking to Mum in Orange, NSW the other day and she said they'd had a fair sprinkling of snow and 4C. Very early snowfall.

Auckland has a pretty good climate max 22C-26C in summer and 14c-17c in Winter.

I try and drink a minimum of a litre of water per day. Keep those cells flushed.

MissWinnie
05-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Lovely part of NSW, Oz. I got invited to spend a weekend at the original family home, not far from there, of a girl I worked with in Sydney, so I could see the gorgeous Autumn leaves. Thought it was beautiful.

The Auckland climate sounds nice - no extremes of temperature.

I try and drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day, more in hot weather. Not that I'm being competitive or anything. :D

yubbywelch
06-05-2014, 04:00 AM
The more the better Winnie, not from a competition wise just health reasons.

I tried what I called a Yubby diet a couple of years ago and it was I had to drink 2litres each day of water before any other beverage was consumed, it certainly slowed down how much coke I was drinking.

ozfan
06-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Orange is a beautiful town Winnie.The actual town has most of it's original 18th century buildings preserved. Whole streets shaded in summer by Blossom. The streets are wide and most homes have retained the 'ol quarter acre block.

There was a study done a few years a go that showed 75% of the adults tested were chronically dehydrated. 37% of folks apparently mistake hunger for thirst.

Partial long-term dehydration is also an effective depressive. Some folks sucking back pills to feel better would be better off drinking lots of clean water.

yubbywelch
06-05-2014, 10:18 AM
I've forgotten how much our body is water, 70% I seriously can't remember.

What's the old saying... 'if you are thirsty you are already dehydrated'

yubbywelch
06-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Bloody cold the morning, and I left my jumper back in Brisbane.

I'd guess 6 degrees, 27 at lunch though. :D

MissWinnie
06-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Orange is a beautiful town Winnie.The actual town has most of it's original 18th century buildings preserved. Whole streets shaded in summer by Blossom. The streets are wide and most homes have retained the 'ol quarter acre block.

There was a study done a few years a go that showed 75% of the adults tested were chronically dehydrated. 37% of folks apparently mistake hunger for thirst.

Partial long-term dehydration is also an effective depressive. Some folks sucking back pills to feel better would be better off drinking lots of clean water.

Your words paint a lovely picture of Orange, Oz. The blossom shading whole streets must be breath taking.

Yes, I remember reading something about how dehydration inhibits serotonin production, the same with melatonin, causing insomnia. I understand people with arthritis who don't drink enough, can also find their symptoms getting worse, as the joints aren't getting the lubrication needed, as

MissWinnie
06-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I've forgotten how much our body is water, 70% I seriously can't remember.

What's the old saying... 'if you are thirsty you are already dehydrated'

I had to Google it, Yubby, as I couldn't remember it either. Slightly different figures given, but most say around 60% for adult men, slightly less for women as we have less lean muscle and more body fat, which holds less water.

I've often heard that thirst saying Yubbs ...

MissWinnie
06-05-2014, 10:03 PM
The more the better Winnie, not from a competition wise just health reasons.

I tried what I called a Yubby diet a couple of years ago and it was I had to drink 2litres each day of water before any other beverage was consumed, it certainly slowed down how much coke I was drinking.

Great siblings think alike, bro. I've pretty much given up the Coke (or Diet Pepsi in my case), but often (not always) try to drink my 1.5 litres of plain water before I drink anything else, just to make sure I do it, and it does mean I drink less rubbishy stuff.

yubbywelch
07-05-2014, 05:56 AM
I'm not getting any younger and water is so good for you.

Not only internally but your skin as well.

ozfan
07-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Not so flash in the lungs though.

Drinking plenty of water just makes good sense. A bit like a river washing the sediment and crap down stream to the... river mouth. :D

MissWinnie
09-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Not so flash in the lungs though.

Drinking plenty of water just makes good sense. A bit like a river washing the sediment and crap down stream to the... river mouth. :D

I see that feeling unwell hasn't reduced one's capacity for putting on one's giant smarty pants. :P ;D

MissWinnie
09-05-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm not getting any younger and water is so good for you.

Not only internally but your skin as well.

Better to look like a grape than a raisin, bro.

Though saying that, I think guys do look better once they've got a few life experience lines on them ...

yubbywelch
10-05-2014, 12:50 AM
That's a polite way of saying old and distinguished

MissWinnie
10-05-2014, 04:53 AM
Not at all bro. Slightly craggy is ***y on a guy. Not such a good look on us girls though.

Heads off in search of more water.

yubbywelch
10-05-2014, 05:45 AM
What so you can throw water on yourself after thinking about your bro's sundried, and chiseled torso.

XD

yubbywelch
11-05-2014, 05:11 AM
Beautiful weekend, only need a jumper for about 2 hours in the morning, unless the wind is blowing.

Low ****s early morning and high 20's during the day.

yubbywelch
13-05-2014, 05:52 PM
No jumper needed again, it's got warmer again out here, pushing low 30's again during the day.