PDA

View Full Version : Time to clear the decks

gazulu
04-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Hopefully our survival will leave it clear for a takeover by someone who has the clubs best interest at heart. These people must realise it's us the fans who are the spirit of the club and must listen and involve us in what goes on. The feelgood factor could well return and give us a big lift getting St.Andrews rocking again.

Lee Clark will be a big talking point. I think most of us said his job would be to keep us in this division and he succeeded in doing this, well only just! He has been dealt a poor hand with having to juggle his playing staff and having the centre of his defence taken away just as Blues looked to have settled down didn't help at all. Having said that he's made some very strange decisions switching players around and putting them in unfamiliar positions and it's stuck out like a sore thumb watching the players looking completely bemused on the pitch. The big question is if we are taken over and the manger is allowed to sign his own players will it be Lee Clark who

spionkop
04-05-2014, 08:25 AM
It looks as though it is going to be a very tough division next season and even if we get new owners the UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations will restrict any large expenditure. With the need to replace so many players it is not going to be easy.
I hate the loan system and have always said that it should be restricted to emergency deals only.
Rg

BlueMog
04-05-2014, 10:54 AM
I'll bet that any potential new owner will face a very difficult time, given the type of people they would have to deal with. I'd be surprised if the company records and accounting were not a complete shambles, and communication will be difficult and convoluted.

If Blues do get new people at the helm, I think I'd be in favour of a management change. Clark has the heart but not the head. How many times has he had to make a complete reshuffle early in the match? Surely this contributed to only managing one point in the last six games...that record alone is enough to get most managers the heave-ho.

spionkop
04-05-2014, 11:46 AM
If they sell up there will be no quick fixes and it will take years of re-building to restore the club to the point where they can challenge for promotion. Good piece in The Telegraph below on Clark's commitment.
Rg - view external link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/birmingham-city/10806180/Bolton-Wanderers-2-Birmingham-City-2-match-report.html)

bolt
04-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I think they will stick with him if the club is not sold , new owners anything can happen, its strange with Mullins for example, he was terrible playing for Blues everybody on here myself included slagged the life out of him, he went to Notts and played well then yesterday he was brilliant for us, now why was that , for me a big problem all season is that a lot of our players have had the attitude re the diabolical ownership problems of what am I doing here get me out of here ,or I am not really interested at least not 101% , the next manager will have the same problem until the ownership changes and there is a air of steadfastness and security about the club KRO

eoin17
04-05-2014, 05:18 PM
If they sell up there will be no quick fixes and it will take years of re-building to restore the club to the point where they can challenge for promotion. Good piece in The Telegraph below on Clark's commitment.
Rg

Excellent article Spion, captures it perfectly.

NSD!

maccazone
05-05-2014, 02:55 PM
There is no other option but for new owners to come in and come in quickly. I do not even want to contemplate these idiots being here next season. I respect what Spoin said about loan players but without them we would have been out of it half way through the season.

I am sure we will get positive news in the next week or so because the new owners will want plenty of time to look at rebuilding the squad and maybe keep Burke here before he goes off to a new club.