PDA

View Full Version : What would you do.

Laurie
05-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Hopefully this may get a reply, I have my doubts.

Would you give Neil Adams the job.

Would you pick a new manager, with Adams in a coaching roll, (no 2)

Would you get rid, and go for a new management team, with Adams reverting back to coaching the younger players.

Now remember our recent record of choosing a decent manager over the last few years is running at a 25% success rate.

So would you trust the board to make an appointment.

Not to taxing!! ;D ;-D

BeeKjay
05-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Adams is out of his depth at this level and, also, I don't want a manager that the players know and are comfortable with.

They need their ar$es kicked big-time and so it has to be someone new. Will probably be Malky, but would accept Rosler if Wigan don't go up.
Would have loved to get Dyche, but no chance now Burnley are up.

Our only chance of landing a decent manager is to get Delia out of the country when the decision is made. She only likes nice guys.

Adams can go back to the youth team with no loss of kudos, it was an impossible ask anyway.

We have to trust the board, it's the way the system works. Unless you're proposing a poll of the season ticket holders to come up with a. That could be interesting, bet Lambo would figure highly.

philcanary
05-05-2014, 01:24 PM
If we had managed to stay up I would have gone all out to get Moyes on board. I think he would be up for a proper challenge after the debacle at Manure.

As we look doomed now and once Sunderland complete the great escape on Wednesday night(and full credit to them)we need a complete clearout and a new team in by July IMO.

I am still in the Steve Clarke camp personally as thought he was also given a raw deal at West Brom.

All in all I just hope any legal challenge Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich are considering over the ineligible player Sunderland used doesn't roll on and on as we are where we are due to the board not sacking Hughton earlier...FACT!

OTBC

OTBC

ncfcfan85
05-05-2014, 04:44 PM
What about the Bournemouth manager he has done brilliant there nearly got them in the play offs in there first season in the championship young aswell so he can only get better.

BeeKjay
05-05-2014, 05:21 PM
What about the Bournemouth manager he has done brilliant there nearly got them in the play offs in there first season in the championship young aswell so he can only get better.

Good manager, but does'nt like to stray too far from the south coast. Complete fail when he took over at Bolton.

baggieal
05-05-2014, 05:38 PM
If we had managed to stay up I would have gone all out to get Moyes on board. I think he would be up for a proper challenge after the debacle at Manure.

As we look doomed now and once Sunderland complete the great escape on Wednesday night(and full credit to them)we need a complete clearout and a new team in by July IMO.

I am still in the Steve Clarke camp personally as thought he was also given a raw deal at West Brom.

All in all I just hope any legal challenge Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich are considering over the ineligible player Sunderland used doesn't roll on and on as we are where we are due to the board not sacking Hughton earlier...FACT!

OTBC

OTBC

Raw deal " Steve Clarke" You are having a laugh! The last 12 months he was in charge, it was relegation, relegation, relegation. Clarke took West Brom backwards, with his lack of tactical know how, consistently changing the team week in week out, and playing some players

philcanary
05-05-2014, 06:41 PM

OTBC

OTBC

Raw deal " Steve Clarke" You are having a laugh! The last 12 months he was in charge, it was relegation, relegation, relegation. Clarke took West Brom backwards, with his lack of tactical know how, consistently changing the te

olano
05-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Tom Nordlie on a 1 year contract. But that is so unlikely as it geths so Malky on a 2 years contract for me.

Adams is a good manager, but to early.

Laurie
06-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Surprised Celtic's Lennon has not got a mention, there looks to be some genuine interest there, hope that one gets put to bed quickly.

Also surprised that Neil Adams has not got a few nods for first team coach, would be stupid to judge him on five games as manager material, but agree it is just a bit to soon, but for a second in command coaching roll, I think would be a positive move.

Choosing a new manager regardless of what division is going to be one of the most important decisions the club has had to make for a while, I do have doubts they will make the right appointment.

Hope they look long and hard before appointing Malky!! nothing against him far from it, just would be a little to safe for my liking.