PDA

View Full Version : Knight gone

gallopingchip
05-05-2014, 08:08 AM
12 months ago he was made club capt, now he's surplus to requirements. I'm not knights biggest fan, who is? But this suggests to me you haven't a clue on where we are going Dougie. It's also telling when Knight says he got frustrated by playing well one game and then being dropped for the next. The sooner Dougie clears off the better we'll be. All the best to all the players released.

Whatsmore
05-05-2014, 08:28 AM
delighted knights eagles and mears gone.holden in talks over new deal im appaled by.the guy is finished everybody knows that so why are we wasting money we don't have there cant be sentiment in business.

gallopingchip
05-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I too think Holden's finished so I can only imagine that should he fail to make a playing comeback then there is a back room job awaiting him. Moritz is another injury prone player it seems.

dunc_bwfc
05-05-2014, 10:56 AM
well thats one liability out the door at least but id clear virtualy the whole lot of em out but as long as freedman stays at the helm it wouldnt matter if we had leicester or burnleys squad freedman would make them perenial strugglers, get rid of the negative **** first then we might start moving in the right direction with a much more experienced manager with proven track record.

danm1992
05-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Have we ever had a less popular player that played as many games as Knight?

It doesn't seem right that he's played more times for us than any other club.

Personally, I think he's been more useful overall than most Bolton fans would have you believe.

campo21
05-05-2014, 12:10 PM
well thats one liability out the door at least but id clear virtualy the whole lot of em out but as long as freedman stays at the helm it wouldnt matter if we had leicester or burnleys squad freedman would make them perenial strugglers, get rid of the negative **** first then we might start moving in the right direction with a much more experienced manager with proven track record.

I heard Warnock on talksport this morning dunc saying how he sets his teams up to win the more i hear him talk the more i want him as our next manager if we had a crumb of ambition left that would happen tomorrow but as it is we will struggle on with Freedman and continue to be a ship without a rudder!

garyp1803
05-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm not surprised that Knight has been released, I think it's best all round that he's gone. Eagles & Mears were always going to be shown the door too. We should save quite a bit in wages now, but our parachute money is down by about 8 million so we're not exactly going to benefit really.

I'm surprised Holden is getting a new deal, I can only presume it's on vastly reduced terms, it would be foolish to offer him a decent contract until he can prove his long term fitness.

I'm also a little surprised to see we're still in talks with Moritz too, I thought Moritz said recently that he was looking for a long term deal at his next club? I can't see us offering him that and an improved contract, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

dunc_bwfc
05-05-2014, 01:04 PM

I heard Warnock on talksport this morning dunc saying how he sets his teams up to win the more i hear him talk the more i want him as our next manager if we had a crumb of ambition left that would happen tomorrow but as it is we will struggle on with Freedman and continue to be a ship without a rudder![/quote]
exactly campo you have to cut out the cancer first & that is freedman & yes id be looking to pay him off somehow shouldnt cost that much but whatever the cost can we afford & the obvious answer is no bu

gallopingchip
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I'd have Warnock in tomorrow because he would get players motivated and he has a proven track record of getting teams promoted. Sadly we all know it won't happen, but the fans aren't going to give Dougie long next season if he insists on defensive negative football and constantly changing the team. Getting into the top 6 is the only thing that will buy him time but the bilge that is served up will eventually be his undoing.

garyp1803
05-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Talking about Holden, rumor has it, that his new contract is very complicated,due to his injury record, it looks more like a "pay as you play" kind of deal, so we shouldn't be too concerned about throwing more cash away.

Whatsmore
05-05-2014, 06:47 PM
[quote="garyp1803" kind of deal, so we shouldn't be too concerned about throwing more cash away.[/quote]well if its pay as you play then gary that's holden earning a wopping 97 pence next season then :/

campo21
05-05-2014, 06:58 PM
It's the only option Holden has available gary nobody will touch him now!

garyp1803
05-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Personally, I think we have a better chance of Oscar Pistorius playing for us in midfield than Stuart Holden, I hope I'm wrong though.

JimmyJazz64
05-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Mate told me a while ago that Holden's contract had been picked by the USA football federation. May be bullsh1t but it could explain it??

itsintheblood
05-05-2014, 11:27 PM
What about Sordell, suppose he must still be under contract?

Then there's a few we loaned out, for one reason or another Eaves,Odelusi and the lad we loaned to Notts County, nearly forgot Craig Davies.

Wonder where they feature in Doogies plans.

Must admit I've been impressed by the two young lads,Kellett and Threlkeld, hope they make it.

garyp1803
06-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Mate told me a while ago that Holden's contract had been picked by the USA football federation. May be bullsh1t but it could explain it??I think the USA finish paying Holden's wages at the end of this season, so we're going to have to stump up his wages for 2014/15.

garyp1803
06-05-2014, 06:53 AM
What about Sordell, suppose he must still be under contract?

Then there's a few we loaned out, for one reason or another Eaves,Odelusi and the lad we loaned to Notts County, nearly forgot Craig Davies.

Wonder where they feature in Doogies plans.

Must admit I've been impressed by the two young lads,Kellett and Threlkeld, hope they make it.Don't forget about Keith Andrews too. Andrews is still under contract for another 12 months, we'll just have to hope Brighton or another club sign him.

klassnic
06-05-2014, 06:19 PM
glad knoght has gone what a donkey

would nt be surprised if he signs for qpr next season or watford.

law of averages say we will sign an even worst player and he'll come back and score a great header in a ***** match.