PDA

View Full Version : Freedman keen to avoid a poor start to the season...

campo21
05-05-2014, 12:13 PM
DOUGIE Freedman is fed up to the back teeth of playing gracious host.

Two weeks after Leicester Citys team bus loaded up with celebratory beers and left the Reebok with speakers blaring following their title win, it was Birmingham Citys turn, with Lee Clarks men rejoicing after avoiding relegation in the final three minutes of the season.

All the while, Freedman and his side were reduced to also rans, post-scripts to a season in which they have failed to make a dent.

The Whites boss has the room to make changes after shedding big earners such as Zat Knight, Chris Eagles and Tyrone Mears.

And he hopes to avoid the slow start that put Wanderers at such a disadvantage in the first quarter of the campaign.

Summing up the season, Freedman believes it is high time his own clubs fans have something to celebrate.

It was a difficult start, we pulled it round a bit, it was difficult in the middle, but the second half of the season was very encouraging,he told The Bolton News.

If we show

campo21
05-05-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't just want us to finish in a top 6 position i want us to finish 1st or 2nd,he hasn't said that because he knows it's not possible top 6 will be a miracle!:blue:

danm1992
05-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I can't stand to read Freedman's comments any more. I never know where to start on what's so stupid about them.

We're going nowhere under anyone that's this boring, negative and generally stupid tactically.

campo21
05-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Surely it would be a better idea to sack Freedam now and bring in Warnock and give him what little money we have to build the side he wants ready to have a real go at getting us promoted next season!

danm1992
05-05-2014, 04:05 PM
You seem to have a lot of confidence in Warnock, Campo.

I'm not saying he wouldn't do a good job for us, but I think he was as unpopular at Leeds as Freedman is here, probably more.

garyp1803
05-05-2014, 04:10 PM
There is no chance that we would hire Warnock, I think Warnock would do a better job than Dougie, but never in a million years would Gartside hire Warnock. Warnock is far too outspoken and volatile for Gartside and I'd imagine Warnock would probably end up chinning Gartside after a few weeks in charge.

campo21
05-05-2014, 07:01 PM
There is no chance that we would hire Warnock, I think Warnock would do a better job than Dougie, but never in a million years would Gartside hire Warnock. Warnock is far too outspoken and volatile for Gartside and I'd imagine Warnock would probably end up chinning Gartside after a few weeks in charge.

Good let's bring him in i'd love to see someone chin Gartside!:D

JimmyJazz64
05-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Based on the fact that all we appear able to do is get rid of big earners at the end of their contracts, I really don't understand why anyone keeps harping on about the fact that we need to get rid of DF. How? Could we get a transfer fee for him?

Pointless. Don't think for one minute that I think that he's earned the right to stay but we simply cannot afford to get shut of him and his staff. May as well continually post that we should be signing Ronaldo or Messi

klassnic
07-05-2014, 01:41 AM
jimmy i find your unfortunately wrong on that score that the club could not afford to get rid of DF when the club have just settled with the vat man it is written that a A?1.8 million fine for overclaimed vat has just been issued.

so if they can pay that so called fine which the vat man does not take prisoners.

then we can afford to get rid of anyone.

we had to clear contracts such as our last chief exc alan duckworth when he left the club so he was put out on gardening leave,

as well as others too who use to be at the club.

so I can't get my head around your statement mate