PDA

View Full Version : Winston Reid

Ironsides
07-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Read in some outlets that Liverpool have agreed a deal for him.

WTF, Dave's break the bank for him NOW!

herbiehammer
07-05-2014, 08:13 PM

WTF, Dave's break the bank for him NOW!

Its apparently only 10m Euro's. I cant see him going for that they will keep hold of him for that unless of course Winston forces the sale.
The source though is a foreign website?

bonzosbest74
07-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Not really what Liverpool need imo. They lack a vocal leader in the back-line who can organise and manage the other defenders.

happyhammer4eva
08-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Like Terry...

palerider
08-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Not really what Liverpool need imo. They lack a vocal leader in the back-line who can organise and manage the other defenders.

They do.

But they also need someone who can defend better than Skyrtl, Sakho and Kolo Toure.

Whiskyman
08-05-2014, 06:54 AM

I beg to differ. They need a Vieira type player to anchor their midfield, but Winston Reid would most definitely improve their team imo.

And only 1 year left on his contract or not I'd be looking for more than 10 million Euros if he did leave.

Has to sign a new contract or be sold. Wouldn't want him going for nothing next season when his current deal runs out.

bonzosbest74
08-05-2014, 07:58 AM

I beg to differ. They need a Vieira type player to anchor their midfield, but Winston Reid would most definitely improve their team imo.

And only 1 year left on his contract or not I'd be looking for more than 10 million Euros if he did leave.

Has to sign a new contract or be sold. Wouldn't want him going for nothing next season when his current deal runs out.[/quote]

You don't have to tell me that, I said he was off 3 months ago. In fact I do believe that I said I would give a bullseye to the Bobby Moore Fund if Morrison & Reid were both with us next season.

As for Vierra he was more of a box to box player, Petit followed by Gilberto Silva were the defensive anchors during Vierra's time unless my memory escapes me.

bonzosbest74
08-05-2014, 08:00 AM

They do.

But they also need someone who can defend better than Skyrtl, Sakho and Kolo Toure.[/quote]

I think Skyrtl is a good defender (but not an organiser), the other two are shocking. I would have thought Agger should be playing ahead of the pair of them.

dagenhamJohn
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM

WTF, Dave's break the bank for him NOW!or Arsenal.

herbiehammer
08-05-2014, 04:34 PM

WTF, Dave's break the bank for him NOW!or Arsenal.[/quote]

No Sir John we dont want Arsenal to break the bank