PDA

View Full Version : Arbroath v Celtic Youth League Cup Semi Final on Saturday

callon
08-05-2014, 11:56 AM
After an unbeaten run in their group section, the Under 19 side will face Celtic in the Youth League Cup Semi Final at Gayfield this Saturday. Kick off is at 2pm and there will be an admission charge of 4 pound and 2 pound for concessions.

lovefootie
08-05-2014, 05:06 PM
That's great the 19s are in the semi final.

Can I ask why the club have decided to DOUBLE the admission prices for a youth game as it was only AŁ2 and AŁ1 last Sunday?

Surely it would make sense to keep the prices the same to try and get a bigger crowd?

smokie_bacon_crisps
08-05-2014, 07:06 PM
There actually was no gate in place last week and it was free to get in.

Litchies_Board
08-05-2014, 09:52 PM
The Club advertised AŁ2 and AŁ1 last weekend and acknowledge if you say they never enforced. the fact it was on the website could have been enough to put people off.

maroonie
09-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Just as well we didn't reach the Scottish Cup final as they are charging A?35 fir tickets for that. What can you get for A?4 today? Not even 2 pints. With the club's financial position these charges don't seem unreasonable to me if they are applied. After all it helps to keep Stadio Gayfield in good condition.

ClashCityRocker
09-05-2014, 02:01 PM
AŁ4 admission seems reasonable for a semi - final match.

AFCNEIL
09-05-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't care how much they charge what a wonderful opportunity to literally put a silver lining on a very difficult season will be there tomorrow and will go to final at gayfield or somerset park or central park c'mon the lichties

AFC1320
09-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Correct stop this negative crap, A?4 to watch our U'19's in a semi-final against Celtic is good value and remember in a week our club has had to wind up 2 of our youth teams because of finance I feel they have every right to charge this as long as any cash made goes into the U'19's coffers.

C'mon lads you have done the club proud this season and all the best.

SassenachSteve10
11-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Can not believe people pay 12 quid or what ever every week to watch a team lose nearly every week but grudge paying 4 quid to watch a team who have gone 20 games unbeaten. I know which I would rather watch. But then that's just me !!!!

WattersCupWinner
12-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Best A?4 I have spent this season. Good honest endeavour (apart from Celtics left backs theatrics and poor officiating from Tatties) and some potentially great players coming through Arbroath's ranks. Difficult to see a huge difference between what is theoretically the best youth team in Scotland and our youths. Well done to everyone involved, your hard work is paying off. Looking forward to seeing some of these players featuring in the first team next season.