PDA

View Full Version : A Message from Ross Chisholm

KarenF
09-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Chissy has sent this to me and asked me to post on here.

This is just a message to show my appreciation to the fans who have supported me throughout my 2 spells with the club.
Firstly I want to mention a few things I had directed at me through my social media pages, messages saying I was a hypocrite, I encouraged the manager to have a go at my team mates which took the highlight away from my poor performances and that I shouldn't be captain of the club. I find this really sad, if you ask any player that has played this season, even the manager, I was the first one to stand up for any player the manager or coaching staff wrongly had a go at. I would never slate any player, this season I was really poor hence I am no longer at the club so I would never say any bad word about any player. The captain situation was outwith my control, the manager came to me at the start of the competitive games and ask me to be captain of this football club, ask any player and this is an honour you don't

Lichtielegend
09-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Fair play to Chissy.

Obviously this wasn't his greatest season and saw him become the focus of a lot of fans' frustration (my own included) and I only hope for him that some new surroundings will re*****ise him and restore him to the player that was instrumental in our title winning season.

maroonie
09-05-2014, 05:20 PM
ATB Chis wherever you go and play for. The last season wasn't all down to you. We stand or fall as a team, club, squad. C'mon lichties

AFCNEIL
09-05-2014, 07:56 PM
thank you for these honest from the heart words chissy, yes I admit I did not understand why you were picked every week, I never voiced it in an abusive way on terracing or in social media but in chats with my mates at the match I voiced it, I am sorry it did not work for you this time, you are right we were by no means the worst team in the league the fact that despite that awful 16 game winless run it was still in our hands to avoid the drop right to almost the last kick of the season proves that. maybe you are right about the gaffer I will not deny I felt mr sheerin should have gone long ago, now at the end of season I feel he deserves the chance to remedy the situation and win us the league again and with what you, who know him better than us have said in your letter to the fans I will 100% be behind him next season. all the best in the future I hope you get another club just please don't come back to haunt us just support us

AFC1320
09-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Cheers Chissy, and I agree in regards we were not the worst team in this league you just have to look an the amount of games we lost by the odd goal, even a few of them turning into draws would have seen us okay, overall you have been a very good player for the Red Lichties.

All the best but please do not come back to haunt us.

AFC1320
09-05-2014, 10:29 PM
p.s. even if Messi played for AFC you would still get some Gayfield moaners having a go at him!!

SimonLichtiee
10-05-2014, 12:44 AM
'Ross Chisholm - I find it absolutely incredible that people feel the need to comment on his captaincy. Being the captain of a football club is much more than 90 minutes every Saturday. Who knows what Chis is like at training? Who knows how the players respond to him in the dressing room? Who knows what his organisational and motivational skills are like? I certainly don't, so I can't comment on them. I'll just presume that those who do comment on these aspects are present at training / in the dressing room and can back them up. Chis, as he would fully admit, has had a very poor season by his own previous standards. When he doesna't play however, we do miss his work rate, closing down and nipping of opponents ankles, which no-one else in our midfield did this season. Unfortunately this doesn't make up for his massive drop in form from last season, and he really has struggled with a lot of the basics this season. With regards to offering the defence cover I've never thought that was hi

Arbroath1
10-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Agree with above post didn,t think Ross got himself to anywhere near the standards he had set before, however never once did he hide in a game. As for captaincy as he has said not his decision, inteesting comment about grass being on greener side, my sentiments exactly in PS/SP we have an excellent management team IMO. Yes must learn but chopping and changing managers not the answer...
Thanks for comments and effort this season Chis all the best wherever you end up.

Bellevue
10-05-2014, 09:15 AM
I was disappointed to read that some of the criticism directed towards Ross was of a personal nature and as such is a poor reflection on some of the supporters of our club.
As a player however there is no denying that Ross had a poor season, in a bad season for the club, with only a handful of performances where he showed the player he can be. I suppose that as captain he was more likely to attract criticism than others in the team who also underpeformed.
On behalf of this supporter who did not criticise on a personal level, I would like to wish Ross all the best and feel sure he will soon find another club.

broathrbest
10-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Well stated Chiz , all the best for the future and thanks for your effort , i think as a group of fans we are needing to be more supportive and less brutally negative be it on social media or the terracing , i know everybody is entitled to their opinion but most of the garbage we all read and hear it,is ,(just read above ), not helping players/club , lets all get behind the manager and team from day 1 next season and bounce right back

DougLichtie
12-05-2014, 08:47 AM
I too, respect his honest comments about this season.
I deplore the fact that some people find it acceptable to use social media for having a go at people directly.
My critisism of Ross this season has been purely on his performances on the park and restricted to this forum.
But as he rightly points out, let's remember him as one of the main reasons we won the championship and move on.
All the best Chis.

timlichtie
12-05-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm really sorry to see Ross leave the Club.

It was inevitable that there would be at least one "fall guy" after such a poor season. Ross was unfortunate to have a dip in form at the same time as being made captain. It's one of the most common happenings in sport.

Ross has had many successful and happy days in an Arbroath shirt. I hope he appreciates the good times and the genuine gratitude of all the Lichtie fans.

smokie_bacon_crisps
12-05-2014, 07:22 PM
I think the saying, form is temporary but class is permanent is the fitting sentiment here. I think everyone now forgets that what are said on these boards and forums are read but not only by the players but their families too.

Not one player should take the brunt of what happened this season, and at the end of the day Chis still has a championship winning medal, something. We don't have nor many players in our clubs history.

I wish Chis and all the players leaving us all the very best in the future.