PDA

View Full Version : do not belive it

bolt
10-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Birmingham City are to secure the immediate future of captain Paul Robinson by extending his contract.

And Chris Burke and Nikola Zigic could be in line for new deals from the club.

Manager Lee Clark met with his squad on Wednesday for a season debrief and farewells before the summer break.

And the remaining out of contract contingent were informed that final decisions on their deals would be made by post.

Clark had a meeting with Panos Pavlakis the day before to ascertain what the club could and could not afford to do in regard to those whose contracts are due to expire and also potential new recruits.

Clark is pretty much working to a similar, if not tighter budget, than last summer. Costs still have to come down.

As and when a takeover of the club happens, then that is sure to change.

But, at present, the manager is continuing to act within stringent parameters.
And, with that in mind aii and also down to footballing reasons aii Bluesaii retained list is about to be finalised

eoin17
10-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Can't agree with your view on Robbo Bolt-I think we get more than we see on the pitch, I'm guessing he's a good senior professional to have around the place too.
Whether he needs playing as often as last season is a worth thinking about.
Here's an article well worth looking at, I hope you enjoy it,
All the best :D - view external link (http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/news-opinion/birmingham-city-timeless-lesson-football-7091198)

bassman
10-05-2014, 11:52 AM
i think you need a couple of old pro's in the squad to steady the ship players like robbo are always going to be found wanting for pace at that age but as we saw with kenny cunningham there is more than one way to skin a cat ,re Zigic , he gets better the more he plays and seems to pick up injury if left out then getting shoved in at the deep end , since he had the groin ops its only been a back injury and minor knee niggles , its not like hes a sick note , when you consider the sort of treatment he gets from defenders he does o.k , i like the idea of burke and zig being offered a contract , not sure they will take it but it shows good sense , starting from scratch is too big a step , it wouldbe good if the kids get a chance to build on their impressive form by getting onto the bench and a few games too
Club site has just confirmed the evening mail story - [url=http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/20140509-paul-robinson-and-olly-lee-extend-blues-stay-as-six-depart-1544099.aspx]view extern

spionkop
10-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Eoin - an exceptionally well crafted piece of journalism which was a pleasure to read. Thanks for that. As for the retained player announcements (Olly Lee included) : another step nearer to the trap door rather than the new dawn that we were all hoping for I fear.
Rg

bolt
10-05-2014, 12:17 PM
cracking Eoin love this bit

It has not been only a game for 80 years, not since the working classes saw in it an escape route out of drudgery and claimed it as their own. It has not been a sideshow this century.

PS Still think Robinson is to old but not as a coach go get ya badge Robbo

eoin17
10-05-2014, 01:24 PM
It was a good read and a lesson in journalism a few other pundits might wish to absorb. I feel the expectations we all have at the moment are simply too high. There was never I think going to be a "day after" announcement that the Club is about to have new owners. Again and where our current owners shoot themselves in the foot (feet?, communication with the Club's supporters is lamentable.
Like all of us, I understand commercial sensitivities however, there is no apparent effort made to "manage the message".
It all feels very flat after the highs of last week doesn't it?

generalblue
16-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Sorry Bolt but I differ in opinion on Robbo.
Done a great job leading us.
Fully committed 100% of the time, on and off the pitch.
Yes a year older but a year wiser and we are desperate for some stability around the place. We'd all prefer a 10 million quid centre back with pace and culture but that's not where we're shopping nowadays.

Eventually I can see Robbo managing at a high level too.

aKROKiwi
18-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Eventually I can see Robbo managing at a high level too.

Without getting nose bleeds?

eoin17
26-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Giving a few maybe Kiwi ;D