PDA

View Full Version : Should West Ham keep Allardyce?

danm1992
11-05-2014, 02:49 PM
I know the general feeling at Bolton is that Allardyce is a safe pair of hands and that West Ham fans need to get real.
But isn't that what West Brom fans were saying about us and Megson a few years ago?
Assuming it stays like it is, they'll finish the season on 40 points, one less than we ended the 08/09 season with under Megson.
I think the table flatters them, and it's not like he's not had money to spend.

It makes you wonder what really would have happened if he'd stayed and had money to spend.

campo21
11-05-2014, 02:59 PM
I know the general feeling at Bolton is that Allardyce is a safe pair of hands and that West Ham fans need to get real.
But isn't that what West Brom fans were saying about us and Megson a few years ago?
Assuming it stays like it is, they'll finish the season on 40 points, one less than we ended the 08/09 season with under Megson.
I think the table flatters them, and it's not like he's not had money to spend.

It makes you wonder what really would have happened if he'd stayed and had money to spend.

If that had happened dan we would of stayed in the top half of the premiership!

Whatsmore
11-05-2014, 03:09 PM
no west ham should sack the big guy because those bubble blowing tos sers don't deserve him and should employ some pedro manual christolopolopolos whos had plenty of success in some country or other only to be a complete waste of space and relegate them.

JimmyJazz64
11-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes they should keep him if they want to stay in the prem but I bet they get rid

campo21
11-05-2014, 04:16 PM
no west ham should sack the big guy because those bubble blowing tos sers don't deserve him and should employ some pedro manual christolopolopolos whos had plenty of success in some country or other only to be a complete waste of space and relegate them.

I hope they get relegated if they sack him they deserve to.

danm1992
11-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Why is everyone so convinced that he'd keep them up year on year?

They finished this season on 40 points. Ninety nine times out of a hundred, that's enough to keep a team up, but knock as few as three points off that, and the odds go down to one in two. And three points is nothing. It's the difference of a jammy late equaliser and a bad miss.

bwfcforever
11-05-2014, 05:53 PM
keep him FFS

what do they really expect to do in the prem ..? they aren't a massive club by any means eh , recent history tells the story for me

garyp1803
11-05-2014, 07:36 PM
It just depends what West Ham want? BSA will keep West Ham up for as long as he's their manager imo. BSA might not be everybody's cup of tea, but he's a vastly experienced premiership manager and he isn't no mug tactically either.

The problem with BSA is, his teams don't tend to play attractive football, which won't bode well with the Hammers fans.

BSA has also wasted a lot of money on poor signings, such as Andy Carroll, Stuart Downing, Matt Jarvis & Maiga etc and he should be responsible for cocking up with those signings.

Will West Ham attract a manager can take them into Europe? I'm not too sure. Managers like Poyet and Mackay etc will probably be linked with the Hammers job if they get shot of BSA, but will they do any better than Sam? I doubt it.

klassnic
12-05-2014, 12:52 AM
I would love west ham to sack big sam

firstly because he will get a big pay off

secondly they will go down and sh it on their parade of knowledge that west ham as not a big club and who would they get with small budgets