PDA

View Full Version : Millers await news on injured trio

deano_83
12-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Gaffer Steve Evans will know in the next 24 hours if Kieran Agard, Lee Frecklington and Richard Brindley are fit for Thursday nights second leg. - view external link (www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/millers_await_news_on_injured_trio_832805/index.shtml)

scum_triumphant
12-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Where's Adams?

stormmiller
12-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I would be declaring them all fit Grayson will crap himself if agard was coming at them ;D

deano_83
12-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Where's Adams?

Take it you didn't read the article scum XD

scum_triumphant
12-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Where's Adams?

Take it you didn't read the article scum XD[/quote]

Opps, it's not the first time I've done that either.

Thanks mate

I've read it now. I heard whispers of a fall out on Saturday and an Agard broken toe.

Strangely enough I spoke to a bloke it the toilets in injury time who claimed to be Frecks' Grandad. He told me that Lee had pulled his hamstring then danced down the concourse saying Lee inherited his skills from him.
True story!

millertop
12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
And they call us a physical side XD
They couldn't handle us so tried their best to injure our players >:(

Even Revell and Pringle took some knocks

LiAmOfRuFc
12-05-2014, 11:17 AM
I expect Agard to be fit, as Steve said himself that Kieran wanted to play but that we wouldn't risk players do further damage..this could be a case of keeping Preston in the dark as much as anything else.

deano_83
12-05-2014, 11:27 AM
b011ocks... see link.. :blue: - view external link (http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/evans-reveals-injury-situation-1547028.aspx)

Brin
12-05-2014, 11:32 AM
b011ocks... see link.. :blue:

Bullshine...expect three of them in the first 11...oldest con in the book...kidology at its best...;D

deano_83
12-05-2014, 11:38 AM
We'll see Brin, part of me thinks so but the other says be realistic and look at the types of injury to some of the lads.

Fingers crossed.

LiAmOfRuFc
12-05-2014, 11:38 AM

I don't expect Frecks or Brindley but I think Adams, Prings, and Agard have every chance.

Brin
12-05-2014, 11:41 AM

I don't expect Frecks or Brindley but I think Adams, Prings, and Agard have every chance.[/quote]

OK no Brindley if it was his hamstring as that's a 6 weeker to heal..however if it was only a tweak he'll play such is the lad's determination to prove himself...as for Frecks he took a knee to knee crack off their goalie but he's been out so long he'll be chomping at the bit to make his mark...Agard..Thigh?...we'll see but I have a feeling he's another one who will want to go out with a bang and not just let his season whimper away...Adams won't be playing...

HerbieCobbler
12-05-2014, 11:43 AM
What a total load of (Herbie) Cobblers.

All of them will be fit for Thursday. Before the match on Saturday Radio Sheffield were quoting evans as saying that we had a fully fit squad with no injury worries.

It's absolute common sense to say that this person and that person are out injured.

Low and behold, out will come Pringle, Frecks, Agard et al on Thursday night.

LiAmOfRuFc
12-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Least we have Smallwood back in midfield.. Not sure what the Pringle situation is though.

LiAmOfRuFc
12-05-2014, 11:44 AM
What a total load of (Herbie) Cobblers.

All of them will be fit for Thursday. Before the match on Saturday Radio Sheffield were quoting evans as saying that we had a fully fit squad with no injury worries.

It's absolute common sense to say that this person and that person are out injured.

Low and behold, out will come Pringle, Frecks, Agard et al on Thursday night.

I bloody hope so

Lasterman
12-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Come on. If you're Steve Evans are you going to give Preston four days notice of who won't be playing? Don't know what the truth is but it's not that.

LiAmOfRuFc
12-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Come on. If you're Steve Evans are you going to give Preston four days notice of who won't be playing? Don't know what the truth is but it's not that.

Great point

millertop
12-05-2014, 12:13 PM
FFS nice to know you have faith in rest of squad :/

LiAmOfRuFc
12-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Bit silly to say, we have a great squad. But we're talking here about being without Brindley, Bradley, Prings, Agard, Frecks, Adams and Addison. That's quite a big number of players to be missing for our biggest game of the season so far, taking into account a match-day squad consists of 16-18 players. So really we're without almost 50% of our match day squad!

millertop
12-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Subs

Shearer
Davis
Vuckic
Hitchcock
Walker
Rowe?

The only worry is if one of them gets injured or sent off

deano_83
12-05-2014, 01:59 PM
We have a very good squad of players and whoever plays will give it everything, just like we should in the stands.

I have a feeling at least Agard will play, if we can get Frecklington fit aswell then the lads that can come in and play/adapt in other areas should hopefully see us be very competitive.

TimeforAle
12-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Bit silly to say, we have a great squad. But we're talking here about being without Brindley, Bradley, Prings, Agard, Frecks, Adams and Addison. That's quite a big number of players to be missing for our biggest game of the season so far, taking into account a match-day squad consists of 16-18 players. So really we're without almost 50% of our match day squad!

Can't say I am particularly bothered Addison is out to be fair...

LiAmOfRuFc
12-05-2014, 02:49 PM

Can't say I am particularly bothered Addison is out to be fair...[/quote]

We can cope without, but he's still yet another unavailable option.

ExeterMiller
12-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I've a feeling it's mind games. Apart from the obvious ones like Brindley. I also don't buy into the 100% fit scenario. This is the game of Evans' career, even if Frecks, Pringle and Agard are 75% he's going to plaster em with pain killing injections and god know what else if it means the difference between winning / not winning.

I think the crowd need to do nothing but encourage on Thursday, confidence and belief play a big part and we can help with that. Even if we don't score 1st, as we've seen this season, if it takes 95 minutes for us to score a winner - we have that in us.

I'd like us to get at their right hand side more at home, as they looked really weak there. Pringle needs to be told to get at it, rather than drift into the middle (which is more effective away from home). Tavernier lurking on the edge of the box at set pieces seemed dangerous too.

Can't wait

rolymiller
12-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Looks like Nob End fans agree with you Exeter

see link... - view external link (http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?86980-Evans-attempts-at-mind-games....%28Injury-Crisis%29)

Mattthemiller157
12-05-2014, 05:12 PM
I agree with Exeter. PNE fans seem to be latching onto it, which means it's working. They don't know what to think, and neither will Grayson.

millertop
12-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Well we don't need to play mind games with Preston fans, one says he saw Agard limping off down tunnel :s

Also we were dropping like flies pretending to be injured

leedsmiller
12-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Got to be concerned where the creativity is coming from if we have 3 or 4 of those missing but it's not as if we're going to start with 8 men, it's still 11 v 11. Unlike previous seasons whatever happens we'll still be able to field a quality team and such occasions generally throw up unexpected heroes. Keep the faith.

the_idiotb_stardson
12-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Creativity isn't a problem. If all these injuries are genuine put Davis at the back and Arnie, the string puller, in the middle.

leedsmiller
12-05-2014, 08:05 PM
That's what I'd go with, especially with Smallwood back to add defensive cover.

the_idiotb_stardson
12-05-2014, 09:36 PM
I also can't shake the feeling that the Slovenian wonder-kid, is going to have a big impact on Thursday.

millavanilla
13-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Creativity isn't a problem. If all these injuries are genuine put Davis at the back and Arnie, the string puller, in the middle.

XD. XD. XD. XD. XD

vespabri
13-05-2014, 08:00 AM
I also can't shake the feeling that the Slovenian wonder-kid, is going to have a big impact on Thursday.

Great minds think alike...although i"m not a virgin..XD XD XD

millertop
13-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Tidser and Worrall are back so no panic

the_idiotb_stardson
13-05-2014, 08:13 AM

Is that official? I heard they were not coming back until after the play offs.

millertop
13-05-2014, 08:21 AM

Is that official? I heard they were not coming back until after the play offs.[/quote]

It came from The Star

scum_triumphant
13-05-2014, 08:35 AM

Is that official? I heard they were not coming back until after the play offs.[/quote]

Link provided. - view external link (http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham/rotherham-united-injury-crisis-looms-for-millers-1-6612301)

the_idiotb_stardson
13-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Thanks for that Scum.

Rothbiz
13-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Evans tells the BBC's Paul Walker that he himself will make his debut on Thursday as the injury worries mount. - view external link (audioboo.fm/boos/2158204-injury-update-with-rotherham-boss-steve-evans)